Originally Posted by chris0
As far as the other issue, when you're using all HDMI (as I am) you don't need to worry about black crush so you're all good. Sony hasn't officially announced the newer FW so we're not exactly sure what else it may fix.
Just opened the box of my "new," mail-ordered STR-DA5300ES:
• Serial number 88054XX (300+ "higher" than "recall" serial number).
• No "green dot."
• Planned video inputs: composite, S-video, and HDMI.
• Planned video output: HDMI.
I know, probably asked and answered, many times over . . .
1. Do I understand correctly, that the black crush issue is only an issue if you are A.) monitoring both HDMI and component-HD outputs from the STR-DA5300ES concurrently (regardless of source signal path), or B.) occurs anytime a component-to-HDMI signal path is employed? [I have a Sharp LC-65D64U 1080p60 LCD]
2. What is the current sample "cutoff" serial number for new DA5300s that have the most recent firmware ("black crush fixed") already installed (as was posted above)?
3. I have an HDMI-capable XBOX360 (no HD-DVD drive), but plan to also buy a PS3 later (also using HDMI for its output). Any firmware-related issues here for either console system's HDMI audio/video output?
I primarily chose the STR-DA5300ES for both its composite and S-video input and upconversion capabilties. Is the newest firmware worth the trouble in my case? Thanks for any replies!
Originally Posted by 4yanx
Has anyone had occasion to buy one from Butterfly Photo?
Be afraid. Be very afraid.