Originally Posted by markm75
Ok, i now have this version .1829...
Under Produce.. File.. The only place i see anything near 1920x1080 is under .mpeg2 (HD mpeg2 1080i...
The avchd is still a max of 720x480..
Now if i goto create disc..
Properties of the pproject at the bottom.. It has a bunch of bluray choices and avchd.. but upon selecting avchd it says.. "this profile only support wide screen".
I also went to the editor and tried to set the aspect to 16:9 (note the preview window had black bars at top and bottom still)..
**But then i went to the main menu.. and found another aspect picker.. changed it.. started over.. and now under file.. avchd.. i see both options.
Now i will play with each option (avchd file) and avchd disc (hoping this disc option allows for an image file to be saved too)..
So far i've tried the avchd file option.. it had its smart render option checked off.. it took over 12 mins for my 1m 23 second clip.. not a very fast smart rendered.. ie: Nero8 took about 2m 23 seconds.. the resultant file was smaller than the original and very pixelated and the video was very jerky..
I'm now trying the burn to disc (HDD folder) option.. it is taking roughly the same time, hasnt finished yet, guessing 10-12 minutes as well.. Hopefully the video quality will be just as good as the original this time...
This is a bit troubling.. i was hoping this program would be what Nero8 isnt (something that can quick transcode and produce a disc with menus that a bluray player can read)..
Otherwise it will probably be MainConcept Mpeg2 25mbps for me, via render as in Sony Vegas, taking about 8 hours for 1 hour of video, but alot less than the 30 or so for Pinnacle (avchd).
UPDATE.. tried the disc mode option and it was the same jerky pixelated mess as before with the direct to file.. so short of a BD type image miracle.. its looking like Power Director is out for me..
Btw.. i did compare in media info, the original m2ts and this one.. the original says BDAV and 15.1mbps, while the new file says MPEG-TS and 14.6mbps (the average bit rate could only be set to like 14,800 or so).
UDPATE: tried the mpeg2 option, it too was a jerky pixelated mess.. not sure why, its almost like it lost fps for some reason, in all of these cases. (it took about 6m 23 sec to complete)
Ill also be testing pixela tomorrow as well.