or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › CRT Projectors › Who wants a moome 10-bit HDMI input card for the XG ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who wants a moome 10-bit HDMI input card for the XG ?

post #1 of 71
Thread Starter 
guys

moome is counting hands on who wants a hdmi input card for the fabulous NEC XG projectors?

Moome's new work is said to be night and day vs the older DVI models, plus full 10-but HDMI vs DVI, less banding and gradients, my VP50 will be very happy

I am the first and he needs 30

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewt...?p=67178#67178

lets see them hands

and there better be 29

-Gary
post #2 of 71
One for me! Edit: Will this have Gamma fix circuits too?
post #3 of 71
Thread Starter 
you'll have to ask moome about that, I want mine without gamma though

-Gary
post #4 of 71
Maybe, need way more info.
post #5 of 71
I'll take one for the Nec ISS switcher
post #6 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meski View Post

I'll take one for the Nec ISS switcher

we are talking about a internal card for the XG

-Gary
post #7 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell View Post

we are talking about a internal card for the XG

-Gary

Gary,
I would want one if the price is in line with DVI or cheaper.
My DVI never worked even with the new eprom.
post #8 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by meski View Post

I'll take one for the Nec ISS switcher


I've just gone back to pure analogue for my signal chain.

The ISS card works, but it's black clamping is wrong for my CRT monitor, and when driven by my new Ati HD2600XT it didn't look very good.

Went back to analogue, even through a DVI to VGA adapter and a breakout cable, and it looks better.
post #9 of 71
Thread Starter 
Caspian, Kal over at Curts Forum said details and pricing would be identical to the current Marquee and Sony models

so we are talking around 300$ I guess

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5516

I have been waiting for this for so long, can't wait to get it, I count around 5 or 6 so far

-Gary
post #10 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post

I've just gone back to pure analogue for my signal chain.

The ISS card works, but it's black clamping is wrong for my CRT monitor, and when driven by my new Ati HD2600XT it didn't look very good.

Went back to analogue, even through a DVI to VGA adapter and a breakout cable, and it looks better.

That is truly weird.

My PJ has never looked as good as it does now with the HD 2600XT and through the ISS-HD card.
post #11 of 71
That's VERY interesting.

Can you please post your timings Kai?

1080i 96hz?

Which card do you have exactly? I have a Sapphire HD2600XT GDDR4.

My interlaced res's didn't work, and progressive ones didn't look good at all.

Are you having any posterisation issues with the 2600XT? VMR9 is totally unusable for me with Mpeg2 video (1080i or 576i).

Overlay works ok, but I've always preferred VMR9.

I'm going to try a borrowed HDMI to HDMI cable, rather than a DVI cable (dell monitor one) and a DVI to HDMI adapter.

Do you still have the shadowing on a CRT monitor? (XG doesn't show this).
post #12 of 71
Hyjack!
post #13 of 71
I literally just bought an XG yesterday. Would this card fit into one of the blank input slots at the back of the projector? Looks like I have two blank covers. I would be interested in an internal HDMI card if it's pretty plug and play.
post #14 of 71
Timings as per my post in curt's forum:
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewt...?p=32777#32777

1080i96
Sapphire HD 2600XT DDR4 here too.

To switch to 1080i96 I have to do the following:
switch to that res using a Powerstrip hotkey, then go into display properties, monitor, select 29 Hz, Interlaced.

I'm having no posterization issues, but I use Vista Ultimate 32 bit, and EVR whenever possible.
Will have to look at VMR9 later.

I no longer have any shadowing.

Cable is a DVI-D -> HDMI cable.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post

That's VERY interesting.

Can you please post your timings Kai?

1080i 96hz?

Which card do you have exactly? I have a Sapphire HD2600XT GDDR4.

My interlaced res's didn't work, and progressive ones didn't look good at all.

Are you having any posterisation issues with the 2600XT? VMR9 is totally unusable for me with Mpeg2 video (1080i or 576i).

Overlay works ok, but I've always preferred VMR9.

I'm going to try a borrowed HDMI to HDMI cable, rather than a DVI cable (dell monitor one) and a DVI to HDMI adapter.

Do you still have the shadowing on a CRT monitor? (XG doesn't show this).
post #15 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

I literally just bought an XG yesterday. Would this card fit into one of the blank input slots at the back of the projector? Looks like I have two blank covers. I would be interested in an internal HDMI card if it's pretty plug and play.

Yes, that's what the card will be made for.
And it should be pretty much plug and play.
post #16 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

I literally just bought an XG yesterday. Would this card fit into one of the blank input slots at the back of the projector? Looks like I have two blank covers. I would be interested in an internal HDMI card if it's pretty plug and play.

yep, thats the idea, a fully HDCP HDMI input, slide it in one of the blank slots and off you go

-Gary
post #17 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Hyjack!


Not really, the card we have is exactly what you guys are after, just in a different form factor.

The issues we have will affect you too.

The ISS card has a black clamping/shadowing issue on some displays. The analogue tracks across the card are not 75ohm co-planar microstrip, his analogue design is probably not optimised.

And for some reason with my new videocard it just looks nasty on a simple res like 1280x720p. It's overblown and blurry.

As it's working for Kai I will mimic his settings and see what happens.

If I can't sort them I'd be thinking twice about jumping on the HDMI bandwagon if I were you. But if you prefer to be in the dark, fine with me.

I was happy with my ISS card at the start, but as I delve deeper into it and try if with different hardware, I realise it's far from perfect.
post #18 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post

And for some reason with my new videocard it just looks nasty on a simple res like 1280x720p. It's overblown and blurry.

Not to Hijack but:

I and the same problem with my Gen 1 Moome internal. I tweaked the gamma in the Nvidia driver and now it is MUCH better, running 1600X900 @ 60 Hz the EDID chip in mine right now will not sync on anything but 60Hz. Hope the update fixes that. I am back to rich blacks and I do think the picture is slightly sharper with the all digital signal path.

Now just install the HD-DVD drive in the HTPC and we should be close.

Mike
post #19 of 71
Moome offered me this XG hdmi card option months ago and i'm still waiting.
So yes count me in!

cbt
post #20 of 71
Thread Starter 
thats around 8 or 9 hands so far

-Gary
post #21 of 71
I am definatly in! I am not sure if I should order gamma though. I posted on the other moome thread a question whether there is an advantage to ordering gamma if all signals will be put through the lumagen. Is the lumagen gamma correction as effective? anyone have an idea how long now? I thought this poll was done months ago and we were just waiting for them to be built. I did contact moome with an intent to order and he responded as follows.

"thanks for your interest, the hdmi card for XG will be ready in July.
currently is external box for most crt projector. here is spec, please look if you need!"

So it looks like it will take a little longer, that's fine but I sure would like to know how long as I am putting things together now and if it is going to be months, I will pick up a Fury until the moome card arrives but only if neccessary then sell it off.
post #22 of 71
Thread Starter 
Larry, you do not need anything Gamma wise if you have a Lumagen

-Gary
post #23 of 71
then the basic model it is. I am ready to put down the cash so count me in on your poll.
post #24 of 71
I've sent another email to Moome to remind him that there are very interested XG owners so selling 30 shouldn't be a problem.

Stay tuned guys. He's got his Sony/Marquee boards to test and get out (he's in the middle of this now) and the EXT-HD external model's getting closer to done, and then the NEC XG version will likely start to see the light of day.

I've started a placeholder thread where all known information will be posted. Subcribe to that thread and you will be notified every time there is news (I post the news as a new post but then also update the first post so that people don't have to search through 200 page threads).

Kal
post #25 of 71
Thread Starter 
Thanks Kal, much appreciated

-Gary
post #26 of 71
Please count me in for 1 unit. (XG1352 internal)
post #27 of 71
Count me in for one for my XG1351. Is Moome looking for any sort of deposit upfront?

Gabe
post #28 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber View Post

Count me in for one for my XG1351. Is Moome looking for any sort of deposit upfront?

No - "Buy Now" buttons will be available when it gets closer to being complete.

Kal
post #29 of 71
i have discussed with Kal, i will make XG HDMI as next product!
post #30 of 71
Thread Starter 
now where talking

-Gary
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: CRT Projectors
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › CRT Projectors › Who wants a moome 10-bit HDMI input card for the XG ?