or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Californication on SHO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Californication on SHO

post #1 of 1028
Thread Starter 
Looking forward to this new original on Showtime. Theme song they play on some of the promos (The Girl I'll Never Have) gets stuck in my head for days. Hope it's as good as the promos make it out to be.
post #2 of 1028
I have noticed one or two adds but didn't pay attention. When is it going to be on???
post #3 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartinko View Post

I have noticed one or two adds but didn't pay attention. When is it going to be on???

It's premiering in a couple of weeks alongside the third season of 'Weeds'.
post #4 of 1028
Thread Starter 
August 13th.
post #5 of 1028
Netflix has had the first episode available for a week or so now. Its not a bad show...
post #6 of 1028
I saw the pilot and it's really terrific. David Duchovny is extremely funny and very sexy. If you would like to see the pilot you can go to the Showtime website
post #7 of 1028
I'm definitely going to have to check this one out.
post #8 of 1028
Go to the site and you will see this

WATCH CALIFORNICATION NOW
Become a Showtime VIP Insider and watch the 1st episode online now before the premiere!
post #9 of 1028
Or wait until August 13 and see it in large screen HD.
post #10 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

Or wait until August 13 and see it in large screen HD.

Sorry, i could not wait knowing that it was there.
post #11 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Looking forward to this new original on Showtime. Theme song they play on some of the promos (The Girl I'll Never Have) gets stuck in my head for days. Hope it's as good as the promos make it out to be.

My thoughts exactly. Of course, anymore, I'm just happy if I can understand what I watch, ie, "John from Cinci".
post #12 of 1028
It looks like a good show,but i probobluy will not watch it.
post #13 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post

It looks like a good show,but i probobluy will not watch it.

Thanks for sharing. "hi my name is chitchat and I'm not going to watch Californication." Now, maybe you might explain why you think you will not watch it.
post #14 of 1028
Thanks for the tip, I have set up a Season Pass for Californication on my TiVo. I ordinarily don't like 30 minute comedies much, so The Office is the only one I watch regularly. Still, I'll give Californication a try because, if for no other reason, it's in HD and commercial free.
post #15 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Thanks for the tip, I have set up a Season Pass for Californication on my TiVo. I ordinarily don't like 30 minute comedies much, so The Office is the only one I watch regularly. Still, I'll give Californication a try because, if for no other reason, it's in HD and commercial free.

You should try 'Flight of the Conchords'. Hi-larious!
post #16 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

Thanks for sharing. "hi my name is chitchat and I'm not going to watch Californication." Now, maybe you might explain why you think you will not watch it.

Haven't you noticed it's now the "new" AVS? Putting some thought into a post is no longer necessary.

I'll be watching for the babes and sex.

larry
post #17 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

Thanks for sharing. "hi my name is chitchat and I'm not going to watch Californication." Now, maybe you might explain why you think you will not watch it.

Yes, i'd also love to know why that person won't watch if they think its a good show.
post #18 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippytu View Post

Yes, i'd also love to know why that person won't watch if they think its a good show.

Maybe he has AT&T U-Verse. You can only record one HD show at once....

...choices, choices.....
post #19 of 1028
I watched the Pilot yesterday and it was great:-) Really looking forward to more eps!!
post #20 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

You should try 'Flight of the Conchords'. Hi-larious!

I have watched every episode of Flight of the Conchords and love it, but it's not in HD and it has music every week. I guess that's why I forgot to mention it.
post #21 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Maybe he has AT&T U-Verse. You can only record one HD show at once....

...choices, choices.....

So you think that's it It was an easy choice for me since i'm a big Duchovny fan.
post #22 of 1028
I like Duchovny, too. I liked him a lot in The X-Files, so much that I have watched several old episodes of X-Files on TNT HD, although they were shown in Stretchovision. That's the acid test of loyalty to any show or actor, trust me.
post #23 of 1028
I am looking forward to this show. It looks really good.
I agree. I liked him in the X-Files too.
post #24 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I like Duchovny, too. I liked him a lot in The X-Files, so much that I have watched several old episodes of X-Files on TNT HD, although they were shown in Stretchovision. That's the acid test of loyalty to any show or actor, trust me.

That really is the acid test. I think he is a wonderful actor. Some people just can't get past him being anything other then Fox Mulder. Although i thought he was wonderful in The TV Set. But this character should once and for all put Mulder behind him.
post #25 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Thanks for the tip, I have set up a Season Pass for Californication on my TiVo. I ordinarily don't like 30 minute comedies much, so The Office is the only one I watch regularly. Still, I'll give Californication a try because, if for no other reason, it's in HD and commercial free.

That's too bad as you missed Entourage which is a great show.
post #26 of 1028
Just saw a preview and laughed out loud. Set a SP for it right then.
post #27 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan View Post

Just saw a preview and laughed out loud. Set a SP for it right then.

Why don't you go over to the Showtime website and watch it?
post #28 of 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippytu View Post

Why don't you go over to the Showtime website and watch it?

Maybe because they are not interested in watching a program on their PC when they can watch it on a large screen in HD next week. We've been over this before.
post #29 of 1028
Thread Starter 
I don't get the hard sell to watch it online when it premieres next week.
post #30 of 1028
Currently set to record it...looks decent
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Californication on SHO