or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Onkyo TX-NR905 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "Official" Onkyo TX-NR905 Thread - Page 267

post #7981 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwing1 View Post

I thought I'd repost this, as it is a Problem for which I found a Solution, which seems common to all Onkyo preamps, and at least some Denons too:
----------------------------------------------------------
PROBLEM: ONKYO TX-NR905 PREAMP OUTPUT VOLTAGE TOO LOW FOR OUTBOARD AMPLIFIER
My Onkyo 905 used as Preamp into my new Earthquake Cinenova Grande 7 channel amplifier does NOT make movies loud, indeed LESS loud than the internal 905 amps did (!)

It is clear that the output voltage of the 905 Preamp Outs is too low for the input sensitivity of the Cinenova. Earthquake's tech "Fadi" says their amp is designed to Industry Standard 1.9V max input needed, though "Industry Standard" is, as Jack Sparrow the Pirate says, 'More a Guideline than a Law'.

I could not find the rated output of the Onkyo 905 preamp, but some other Onkyo was rated to only 1V, which clearly wouldn't be enough based both on the VOLTAGE, and now in my EXPERIENCE.
The speaker volume output goes up until the Onkyo is at around 81%, after that it barely goes up if at all, seems to have maxxed out the curve of [volume setting vs preamp output].

--Does anyone KNOW the preamp out rating of our 905's?
--Can the 905 preamp out voltage be INCREASED by some potentiometers inside it etc? (YES I have maxxed out the "Cable/Sat Intellivolume" at +12dB in the 905 menus. I am using DirecTV satellite into the 905).
--I am trying to solve the problem on BOTH ends, I hate to have to send this 140 pound amp BACK to Earthquake for adjustment...
--IMHO Onkyo (and maybe Denon too, this was reported by a Denon owner who ended up SELLING his Denon and the Cinenova when it wouldn't go loud) have inadequate preamp out voltage CAPABILITY.

I got the Cinenova in order to NOT have to worry about amp clipping or distortion at loud volumes into my new PSB Synchrony 1 seven speaker home theater setup. I use an old reliable Velodyne ULD18II subwoofer and am directing an appropriate amount of the low freq's to it.

The 905 sounded good, but at high volumes I could detect some hardening/edged sound suggestive of amps-in-mild-distress; rather than beat it, I elected to get a bigger amp. Since the Cinenova is rated at 300Wpc 8 ohms, 600Wpc 4 ohms and my speakers are a nominal 4ohm load, the (well over) doubling of wattage should give me at least 3-5dB more headroom and without clipping worries. I have shut down the 905 (and got it to give very nasty strange popping-noises-of-distress) at high volumes with it set to "6 Ohm" so put it on "4 Ohm" but as tests show, this seems to limit output wattage to around 55-60 Wpc...NOT the ideal way for me to run my new home theater.

I have been impressed with the technical KNOWLEDGE of some people on here, and thanks in advance...
JT

ps the Onkyo definitely does strange things by removing significant bass to the sub vs. my old Yamaha RXV1050 receiver, especially/most notable in Direct or Pure Audio mode...separate issue

-->>EDIT/UPDATE: Onkyo Technical Support says preamp is rated up to 1V output only, and is not adjustable! This makes it a poor match for the Cinenova and likely other amplifiers as well. I am working with Earthquake to see what can be done to adjust the input sensitivity of the Cinenova amp to best match the output (dis)ability of the Onkyo 905...

I found a source listing some common preamp maximum output capabilities:
"- some receivers' preouts (~1V RCA)
- some highend, megabuck 2 channel preamps (30+ V XLR)
- Parasound Halo C1/C2 prepros (8V RCA, 16V XLR)
- Aragon 2 channel preamps (8V RCA, 16V XLR)
- Aragon Soundstage & Stage One prepros (7V RCA, 14V XLR)
So, yes, the 1V preamp output of our Onkyo 905's is substandard and suboptimal, and I am suffering for it.

-->>EDIT/UPDATE #2 10/25/2008: "Fadi" at Earthquake is being VERY helpful, and understands the problem (he is NOT the usual know-nothing "Janitor" one gets at company help lines!).
He is sending me a set of 7 resistors, and has Emailed me very high quality ACTUAL pictures showing how to take the unit apart, which resistor to change, and how to do it. I am good with soldering and moderate electronic work so I am the "test subject" for this. I will be making the resistor change to increase the amp's input sensitivity. I will be using a Radio Shack dB soundmeter and checking the exact dB difference at some reference volume settings on my 905, to document the difference in my setup.

HIGH PRAISE to Earthquake for their Customer Service and technical help so far!!! Onkyo's Janitor was at least able to get me the preamp out voltage max and no help on adjustment...LOL

-->>EDIT/UPDATE #3 12/28/2008: I swapped out the 7 resistors Earthquake sent. The speakers now play 5 to 5.5dB louder using the exact same Onkyo white noise test for the front 3 speakers, all else exactly the same. Readings via usual Radio Shack sound level meter, at about 13feet/couch listening position. I am now able to drive the Cinenova amp into light clipping on some things. IMO the preamp should be able to overdrive the amp into hard clip, to assure the preamp has the RANGE to fully utilize the amp on all sources/materials...and assure you are getting your (big) money's worth out of the amp, getting all the Watts it can properly produce. Fadi at Earthquake said they would likely incorporate this mod in future production runs, as it clearly will happen with ALL Onkyo products which ALL seem to have only 1V output max on preamps; some Denons at least are the same. I suggested a switchable input sensitivity as some amps have.

I still notice a rare harsh crackle/clip sound from the Onkyo at high volume bursts/levels at times. It happened well before the Cinenova upgrade, the Cinenova was certainly not clipping; so something, whether the preamp, or some processing glitching, is causing that. It doesn't happen except with Onkyo pumped up around 75-85% volume, and I don't think a processing glitch would do this, unless it involved the electronic preamp volume control.

Sounds to me like an amp problem not an Onkyo or Denon problem
post #7982 of 8818
On some movies (for example, The Dark Knight), it is difficult to hear the dialoge with all the background noise (I mean music). Does anyone know of a quick way to increase the center channel when viewing some movies? I use a Harmony 880 so it would be greater still if I couldn't teach the Harmony to increase the center channel.
post #7983 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

On some movies (for example, The Dark Knight), it is difficult to hear the dialoge with all the background noise (I mean music). Does anyone know of a quick way to increase the center channel when viewing some movies? I use a Harmony 880 so it would be greater still if I couldn't teach the Harmony to increase the center channel.

On the original remote, go to the second to last row of buttons on the bottom. From the left side, go over two buttons to "CH SEL" You can then cycle through the connected speakers to increase the volume for the center speaker.Pressing it twice should take you to the center speaker. Then use the "Level- or Level+" buttons to the right of the "CH SEL" to adjust the volume to your desired level.
post #7984 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberScott View Post

On the original remote, go to the second to last row of buttons on the bottom. From the left side, go over two buttons to "CH SEL" You can then cycle through the connected speakers to increase the volume for the center speaker.Pressing it twice should take you to the center speaker. Then use the "Level- or Level+" buttons to the right of the "CH SEL" to adjust the volume to your desired level.

Thanks, I'll give it a try the next time I view a movie with soft dialoge.
post #7985 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

On some movies (for example, The Dark Knight), it is difficult to hear the dialoge with all the background noise (I mean music). Does anyone know of a quick way to increase the center channel when viewing some movies? I use a Harmony 880 so it would be greater still if I couldn't teach the Harmony to increase the center channel.


Did you use the Audysee (sp?) mic and set up with at least 6 points? after the last firmware upgrade and redoing my sampling I think I did 6 or 8 points, my center speaker was ballanced nicely in Dark Knight using the Dolby HD audio track output to the receiver...
post #7986 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelesspa View Post

Did you use the Audysee (sp?) mic and set up with at least 6 points? after the last firmware upgrade and redoing my sampling I think I did 6 or 8 points, my center speaker was ballanced nicely in Dark Knight using the Dolby HD audio track output to the receiver...

I used Audessey but I think for only about 3 points. Am I messing myself up by using only 3 points?
post #7987 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

I used Audessey but I think for only about 3 points. Am I messing myself up by using only 3 points?

The more points you use Audyssey will have more information so your sound should be better. The very 1st time I ran it I only used 3 points but I redid it as I didn't like the sound. I used all the points possible (I think 6) that tme and use the Audyssey settings, haven't needed to make any adjustments.
post #7988 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

On some movies (for example, The Dark Knight), it is difficult to hear the dialoge with all the background noise (I mean music). Does anyone know of a quick way to increase the center channel when viewing some movies? I use a Harmony 880 so it would be greater still if I couldn't teach the Harmony to increase the center channel.


The Diaglogue was NOT mixed properly in some scenes. Even on my companion Pioneer SC-07 (using Pioneer's version of acoustic calibration) I had difficulty making out the dialog on this disc due to the punchy surrounds and general noise floor and dynamic range in the movie.
post #7989 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

I used Audessey but I think for only about 3 points. Am I messing myself up by using only 3 points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawoman View Post

The more points you use Audyssey will have more information so your sound should be better. The very 1st time I ran it I only used 3 points but I redid it as I didn't like the sound. I used all the points possible (I think 6) that tme and use the Audyssey settings, haven't needed to make any adjustments.

You should always use the maximum number of measurement points allowed by the particular version of Audyssey. Check out the Audyssey Setup Guide link in my signature for many more tips and tricks.

Mark
post #7990 of 8818
Anyone able to push all channel stereo with sacd's? My receiver displays not availible when i press for all channel stereo. My current sacd player is just a PS3
post #7991 of 8818
My pana BD35 goes with HMDi in to my Onkyo 905, then the out HDMI goes to my Pio KRP-500M.
This way my Pio shows display info: 1080P 30bit pure, when I connect the BD35 directly to the KRP with HDMI it says: 1080P 36bit pure with a better PQ.

How do I need to setup my 905 to get 36 bit output ??

actual setup 905:
monitor out: main
resolution: through
picture quality: auto
edge, mosquito, rondom, block: out
HDMI out: off
lip sync, xv, control: disabled
post #7992 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiEcs View Post

My pana BD35 goes with HMDi in to my Onkyo 905, then the out HDMI goes to my Pio KRP-500M.
This way my Pio shows display info: 1080P 30bit pure, when I connect the BD35 directly to the KRP with HDMI it says: 1080P 36bit pure with a better PQ.

How do I need to setup my 905 to get 36 bit output ??

actual setup 905:
monitor out: main
resolution: through
picture quality: auto
edge, mosquito, rondom, block: out
HDMI out: off
lip sync, xv, control: disabled

It's not a connection issue. It's the Reon. I spoke to Onkyo about this as well. I have an Elite Pro-150FD that displays the same information. If you play a Blu-ray disc outputting 24fps, the Reon is automatically bypassed, giving you the the 36-bit deep color output from your Blu-Ray player. If you play any other kind of disc, the Reon continues to function. According to Onkyo, its implementation of the Reon processor only outputs 30-bit deep color. If you want 36-bit restored for anything played on the Blu-ray, you must set the receiver's output to "through" and OSD to "off" to bypass the Reon for all outputs from the Blu-ray player.

From your settings, it sounds like you might have OSD on. If you turn it off and leave the video output set to through, you should get the 36-bit deep color output from your player passing throough the receiver unmolested.
post #7993 of 8818
I don't believe there is any "deep color" or xvyCC material. So even if you set your Blu-Ray player and TV for "deep color", it's not giving an expanded colorspace. On some of the earlier Samsung TV's (4665 is what I have) the xvyCC option actually distorted the colorspace and made it less accurate.
post #7994 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewS99 View Post

I don't believe there is any "deep color" or xvyCC material. So even if you set your Blu-Ray player and TV for "deep color", it's not giving an expanded colorspace. On some of the earlier Samsung TV's (4665 is what I have) the xvyCC option actually distorted the colorspace and made it less accurate.

I agree, but that is not the question he asked. He wanted to know about the 30-bit/36-bit flag. The deep color marker is sent by the video equipment notwithstanding the fact that the source material is not actually encoded in deep color. Appears to be an indication of the deep color capacity of the equipment, not the content of the source material.
post #7995 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjr View Post

It's not a connection issue. It's the Reon. I spoke to Onkyo about this as well. I have an Elite Pro-150FD that displays the same information. If you play a Blu-ray disc outputting 24fps, the Reon is automatically bypassed, giving you the the 36-bit deep color output from your Blu-Ray player. If you play any other kind of disc, the Reon continues to function. According to Onkyo, its implementation of the Reon processor only outputs 30-bit deep color. If you want 36-bit restored for anything played on the Blu-ray, you must set the receiver's output to "through" and OSD to "off" to bypass the Reon for all outputs from the Blu-ray player.

From your settings, it sounds like you might have OSD on. If you turn it off and leave the video output set to through, you should get the 36-bit deep color output from your player passing throough the receiver unmolested.

Indeed, problem solved with your settings. It now shows 36 bit.
Plays way better now !!! Clean, crisp images.
No more dancing pixels on the krp.

Deep color was of no matther.

Thanks folks
post #7996 of 8818
267 Pages of post later..... How would you rate the NR905? Would you buy it again?
post #7997 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrddogx View Post

267 Pages of post later..... How would you rate the NR905? Would you buy it again?

Wait I have the Integra Version DTR 8.8.

My answer - HELL NO.

Unless that is you don't care about the Reon and don't have HD and SD sources. Then still no - not for it's price point.
post #7998 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldithomaso View Post

Wait I have the Integra Version DTR 8.8.

My answer - HELL NO.

Unless that is you don't care about the Reon and don't have HD and SD sources. Then still no - not for it's price point.

What do you not like about it? I am about to pull the trigger on the 906 and now you have me wondering about that decision.
post #7999 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by klebel View Post

What do you not like about it? I am about to pull the trigger on the 906 and now you have me wondering about that decision.


Let me count the ways:

905/DTR8.8 abaonded by Onkyo customer support

Firmware updates not available publicly to cure DTS bomb bug and cure HDMI delays/Lipsync issues

Firmware not acknowledged by Integra customer support who denies any issues with the units at all

Reon colorspace transcoding bug - SD sources not properly converted to HD colorspace via HDMI or other imputs resuting in color change/brightness changes (for those with sufficiently calibrated and descrimnating eyes).
- there is no firmware to fix this. There apparently never will be.

Supposedly the 906/8.9 have new ISF calibration modes to fix this. Partially confirmed.

YMMV with the new 906 but given the High End customer support I did not receive from INTEGRA/Onkyo I would never recommend any of their products to a user looking for accurate SD to HD VIDEO processing (either via transcoding or both transcoding and scaling). I have it disabled in my unit entirely.

Audio wise it is a nice unit as is it feature wise. Given the lack of customer support I would consul against any of their products. If you have any issues with same you will be in the cold.
post #8000 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldithomaso View Post

Let me count the ways:

905/DTR8.8 abaonded by Onkyo customer support

Firmware updates not available publicly to cure DTS bomb bug and cure HDMI delays/Lipsync issues

Firmware not acknowledged by Integra customer support who denies any issues with the units at all

Reon colorspace transcoding bug - SD sources not properly converted to HD colorspace via HDMI or other imputs resuting in color change/brightness changes (for those with sufficiently calibrated and descrimnating eyes).
- there is no firmware to fix this. There apparently never will be.

Supposedly the 906/8.9 have new ISF calibration modes to fix this. Partially confirmed.

YMMV with the new 906 but given the High End customer support I did not receive from INTEGRA/Onkyo I would never recommend any of their products to a user looking for accurate SD to HD VIDEO processing (either via transcoding or both transcoding and scaling). I have it disabled in my unit entirely.

Audio wise it is a nice unit as is it feature wise. Given the lack of customer support I would consul against any of their products. If you have any issues with same you will be in the cold.

Thanks for your honest thoughts on the 905. I was looking at the sale prices on Referbs and wasn't sure if I wanted to go Onkyo with all the technical issues I'm reading about in each of the "offical" threads.

What would you chose in place of the Onkyo 905 if you were to purchase something today?
post #8001 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post

Thanks for your honest thoughts on the 905. I was looking at the sale prices on Referbs and wasn't sure if I wanted to go Onkyo with all the technical issues I'm reading about in each of the "offical" threads.

What would you chose in place of the Onkyo 905 if you were to purchase something today?

I second that question. I was all ready to pull the trigger on a 906 and now I'm not sure any more. I am almost in a state of analysis paralysis! I have been reading on these forums for an average of 2 hours a night for almost a month. Ugh!
post #8002 of 8818
I have a 906 and it works and sounds great. Nearly every complaint about the 905 has been addressed (popping noises, colorspace, DTS bug bomb, lipsync, HDMI delay is less - though not gone). The main remaining issue is video zoom when changing resolutions which can be adjusted, it's just inconvenient. The better Audyssey microphone seems to help and Audyssey Dynamic EQ makes a world of difference, full-bodied sound even at low volume. Even the Music Optimizer helps PCM and analog sources. I admit I haven't had to deal with Onkyo customer service, mine just worked right from the beginning. I keep learning new capabilities. I want to try something new and I get distracted by listening to the music. The USB and network/internet radio works great. Upscaling SD sources works great (at least to 720p-the resolution of my TV). I give it 2 thumbs up. My 2 cents.
post #8003 of 8818
Zoom problem:
I have used "Zoom: Full" on the AVR and "Picture: Full" on my LCD TV.
Seems to work fine as far as I am concerned (will expand 4:3 material through, but that's fine with me).


Quote:
Originally Posted by doinit1010 View Post

I have a 906 and it works and sounds great. Nearly every complaint about the 905 has been addressed (popping noises, colorspace, DTS bug bomb, lipsync, HDMI delay is less - though not gone). The main remaining issue is video zoom when changing resolutions which can be adjusted, it's just inconvenient. The better Audyssey microphone seems to help and Audyssey Dynamic EQ makes a world of difference, full-bodied sound even at low volume. Even the Music Optimizer helps PCM and analog sources. I admit I haven't had to deal with Onkyo customer service, mine just worked right from the beginning. I keep learning new capabilities. I want to try something new and I get distracted by listening to the music. The USB and network/internet radio works great. Upscaling SD sources works great (at least to 720p-the resolution of my TV). I give it 2 thumbs up. My 2 cents.
post #8004 of 8818
Issues ?
I am just wondering, because I don't have any. Nil !
Most of any "issues" are related to problematic peripherals not acting the way the are supposed to in combination with the Onkyo or users not reading the manual .

Just crossreading through different manufacturers threads this ironically repeats from brand to brand, so their seems no "safe" way really to go. everyone has some issue at least.

It might not be even relevant to You at all.
To be on the safe side at all, I would suggest to refrain from buying anything (PVR, SAT-Receiver, DVD, BluReay-Player, AVR) because of the complex nature of those units. They are more or less Multi-Media computers by now, sharing the same problems as "normal" personal computers to some extend.



Quote:
Originally Posted by klebel View Post

I second that question. I was all ready to pull the trigger on a 906 and now I'm not sure any more. I am almost in a state of analysis paralysis! I have been reading on these forums for an average of 2 hours a night for almost a month. Ugh!
post #8005 of 8818
Agreed with Gurkey.

I had an 805 and now have an 876. Have had no HDMI issues or picture issues related to the Onkyo with either one with the below sources to my Samsung LN-T4665

1) PS3
2) Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player
3) Xbox 360
4) Motorola 6416 DVR

I had to play around with some settings on the motorola 6416 to address HD vs SD upscaling. Settled for the DVR doing the upscaling (sub-optimal) for the SD sources and they look decent enough with my limited SD viewing that I'm happy.

If you pull the trigger on the 905/906 you'll be happy.
post #8006 of 8818
I've also read across several forums and found that a lot of problems have been addressed with the firmware updates. I know they are a pain to deal with but it appears a lot of the issues I have read about are resolved in later builds and/or firmware updates.
post #8007 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post

Thanks for your honest thoughts on the 905. I was looking at the sale prices on Referbs and wasn't sure if I wanted to go Onkyo with all the technical issues I'm reading about in each of the "offical" threads.

What would you chose in place of the Onkyo 905 if you were to purchase something today?

Depends on your needs. if you need video transcoding and scaling your options at this 2k price point are limited. if you only need transcoding the my most recent purchase was an Pioneer SC07 (though it lacks some features of the 906 such as better home media integration and HD radio). Otherwise I would for my next upgrade save the some money and chose either an SC09 OR a Denon 5308
post #8008 of 8818
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkey View Post

Issues ?
I am just wondering, because I don't have any. Nil !
Most of any "issues" are related to problematic peripherals not acting the way the are supposed to in combination with the Onkyo or users not reading the manual .

Just crossreading through different manufacturers threads this ironically repeats from brand to brand, so their seems no "safe" way really to go. everyone has some issue at least.

It might not be even relevant to You at all.
To be on the safe side at all, I would suggest to refrain from buying anything (PVR, SAT-Receiver, DVD, BluReay-Player, AVR) because of the complex nature of those units. They are more or less Multi-Media computers by now, sharing the same problems as "normal" personal computers to some extend.

Can't agree with that analysis, at least with respect to lip sync. As I posted in the firmware direct thread, there is a persistent a/v error that cannot be remedied that I confirmed with a Pharoah Synchecker II and a 3k flash and blip DVD late last week and over the weekend. First, I confirmed with two separate DVD players -- an Oppo 980H and a Samsung UP5000 -- that the HDMI handshake is buggy. A/V error across blocks of tests can deviate by as much as 30ms after input switches, which shows that the HDMI handshakes are not consistent. Second, I conformed that audio always lags the video, regardless of what setting for the video processor you choose. The lowest a/v error I measured was 28 ms on one test run with the Oppo. Earlier tests before switching inputs and then switching back to retest the Oppo produced a/v error in the mid 50s. I won't even bother reporting a lot of details with the Samsung but one test run produced a/v errors nearing six frames. This cannot be fixed with the lip sync or a/v delay settings, which only permit you to add additional audio latency. And last but not least, the Reon always makes the a/v error problem worse. Although you would think that engaging video processing would add additional video delay and narrow the gap between the lagging audio and the video. But it doesn't. Just the opposite. Engaging the Reon always produced no less than 40ms of additional a/v error, with the video remaining ahead. For example, changing no settings but the Reon, one 3x3 block of test runs with the Oppo showed an average a/v error of 54 ms jumping to an average error of 94ms when the Reon was switched to a 1080p upconversion. That's bad.

Now, when I want to watch a DVD or Blu-ray, I have to leave all video processing completely off and sometimes switch inputs a few times in the hope of randomly getting an HDMI lock with low a/v error.

So, sorry, Gurkey. I have to disagree. My 8.8 is well short of the mark, after spending several hours with test equipment to remove some of the subjectivity of lip sync perception. And the problem seems to be persistent across source equipment. It seems unreasonable to blame the source equipment. What are consumers supposed to do? Keep buying source equipment until they find ones that allow them the privilege of using Onkyo's products? No, I think the problem rests with Onkyo to make more robust equipment. Maybe the new ones are fixed, but I can't recommend the old ones, especially if you are sensitive to lip sync. Moreover, lip sync issues are likely to be more noticeable depending on your video display. The bigger the image, the bigger the mouths and the more likely it is you'll notice the problem. If you are sensitive to lip sync and you have a reasonably large display, I'd stay away from last year's models.
post #8009 of 8818
Dear all,

I had been searching the web to find an answer to my questions, but so far, without success. Maybe someone of you can help??

Here's the thing:

1. Does anyone know, what the parameters of the internal crossover network (DSP) of the Onkyo 905 are (slopes of the high/low pass for sub, front, rear; type of the filter e.g. butterworth, linkwitz-riley)?

2. What about the Q factor of the internal equalizer?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Best regards,

Holger
post #8010 of 8818
Those are FIR filters in the digital domain and not analogue ones.
Nothing to compare.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Holgi View Post

Dear all,

I had been searching the web to find an answer to my questions, but so far, without success. Maybe someone of you can help??

Here's the thing:

1. Does anyone know, what the parameters of the internal crossover network (DSP) of the Onkyo 905 are (slopes of the high/low pass for sub, front, rear; type of the filter e.g. butterworth, linkwitz-riley)?

2. What about the Q factor of the internal equalizer?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Best regards,

Holger
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Onkyo TX-NR905 Thread