Originally Posted by samhain1
Has anyone connected an SVS AS_EQ1 to a Z11.
I just got one and am trying to do the linking up with the amp set up but I get E05error message when trying to set off the test tones in the amp.
Th procedure is amp mic into svs, cable from mic on SVS to YPAO mic input on the amp and when I try to run I get that error message.
Any help appreciated
In the manual of AS-EQ1:
2. Take the Calibration Microphone from your AVR or Pre/Pro (NOT the Calibration Microphone from the
AS-EQ1) and plug it into the Pass-through Mic In jack located on the front of the AS-EQ1. (see Fig. 12)
3. Locate the calibration microphone “patch cable” that came with your AS-EQ1 (1/8” mono male connectors
on each end). Plug one end into the AS-EQ1’s Passthrough Mic Out jack, and the other end into the
Calibration Microphone input jack on your AVR or Pre/Pro.
4. On the Sub EQ GUI running on your PC, make sure the “On” Radio Button has been checked on the Auto
EQ Assist screen (Note: Navigating away from this screen (forward or back), exiting the Sub EQ GUI, or
powering off the AS-EQ1device will turn external calibration mode to Off).
5. Calibrate the AVR or Pre/Pro as directed by its owner’s manual. Note: Your subwoofer will be “detected”
during the AVR’s calibration process although you will hear no sound from the sub.
6. After completing the calibration of your AVR or Pre/Pro, remove its Calibration Microphone along with
the calibration microphone patch cable from the AS-EQ1 and your AVR or Pre/Pro.
7. At this time, your AVR or Pre/Pro and the AS-EQ1 are integrated properly. Click on the Sub EQ GUI to
continue to the next Task, “Channel Configuration”.
Error05 means background noise is too loud. Fan noise of your laptop? Also when your laptop computer is connected to AS-EQ1 use only battery power. Check also that the cable from AS-EQ1 to Yamaha is OK.Edited by vesa - 2/11/13 at 7:52am