or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Epik Subwoofer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Epik Subwoofer Thread - Page 335

post #10021 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

Thats why I am thinking of a tweakcity sealed 18.1 for next to my seat (it would be insanely close though).

Part of me just wants to make the leap to the danley dts-10 but thats risky for me going DIY and I would have to hire someone.

Do you engage the crossover on the conquest at all or just let them overlap

For now I just let them overlap. I run them through the 8033 to get a setting for EQ, then further tweak it with the SMS-1. Works for me and I'm happy.

Bill

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #10022 of 20352
I got the bug I think...

Since my dynasty is so new and they are on backorder I think I can get a very good value for it and build the Danley-DTS10. I know the chance to get this sub at this price will never come up again once they switch to pemade subs for 3K+
post #10023 of 20352
I put my dynasty on a-gon ha what a sick bastard
post #10024 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

I got the bug I think...

Since my dynasty is so new and they are on backorder I think I can get a very good value for it and build the Danley-DTS10. I know the chance to get this sub at this price will never come up again once they switch to pemade subs for 3K+

Lol...you, my friend, have an insatiable, never-ending bug. Thank goodness I don't have it quite that bad or I'd have NO money!

That said, I most certainly want to hear about your DTS-10 .
post #10025 of 20352
I look at it as saving money.

What more could I want over a IMAX level sub?

Plus it will be 3000+ within a couple months
post #10026 of 20352
For those waiting and wondering about lead time-

Ordered Nov 4
Shipping confirmation November 25

Looks like they are managing to keep pace with expectations.
post #10027 of 20352
Thanks for the update! Ordered mine on 11/11 so hopefully they'll be shipping soon
post #10028 of 20352
Sweet! I ordered mine in 11/9. Hope I get a shipping notice on monday! Just a guess though.
post #10029 of 20352
My only problem will be my dual Sentinels getting here a bit before my SongTowers... I only have 2 little Teac bookshelf speakers, from a mini system, so I guess I'll have plenty of bass to go with them
post #10030 of 20352
I just noticed that not only are the Sentinel and Vanquish not on sale any longer, every sub is listed as Out of Stock. You can't even order a sub from Epik right now. The last time they did this, Epik totally updated their subwoofer offerings. Anyone got an inside scoop on the situation?

Let the speculation begin...
post #10031 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post

My only problem will be my dual Sentinels getting here a bit before my SongTowers... I only have 2 little Teac bookshelf speakers, from a mini system, so I guess I'll have plenty of bass to go with them

You might have to run the Epiks at full range just to hear any mids or highs lol
post #10032 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by counsil View Post

I just noticed that not only are the Sentinel and Vanquish not on sale any longer, every sub is listed as Out of Stock. You can't even order a sub from Epik right now. The last time they did this, Epik totally updated their subwoofer offerings. Anyone got an inside scoop on the situation?

Let the speculation begin...

I think Chad is happy with the line-up as of right now. I believe he is just out of stock on the amps for all of his subs. I would only imagine that if he brings anything new to the line it would be a replacement for the Conquest. Let's hope he is going to have a rock n' roll Christmas.. all puns intended lol
post #10033 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by counsil View Post

I just noticed that not only are the Sentinel and Vanquish not on sale any longer, every sub is listed as Out of Stock. You can't even order a sub from Epik right now. The last time they did this, Epik totally updated their subwoofer offerings. Anyone got an inside scoop on the situation?

Let the speculation begin...

It's in their blog:

Quote:


Currently Out Of Stock
November 23, 2009
Well, Christmas came early for Epik this year. So early, in fact, that we are sold out of product temporarily.

We are fulfilling open orders and not accepting new orders at this time. We will be out of stock until further notice. This includes the duration of the holiday season.

For those of you who have orders in already, they are not affected by this announcement and we will continue to ship them as fast as possible.

Thank you all in advance for your interest in Epik Subwoofers! We hope you enjoy the holidays and we will try to get more of these great subs into your hands as soon as possible!

http://www.epiksubwoofers.com/blog/
post #10034 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by counsil View Post

I just noticed that not only are the Sentinel and Vanquish not on sale any longer, every sub is listed as Out of Stock. You can't even order a sub from Epik right now. The last time they did this, Epik totally updated their subwoofer offerings. Anyone got an inside scoop on the situation?

Let the speculation begin...

After their sale and all of the current orders that have been placed I'd have everything listed out of stock as well. It'll give them time to enjoy the holidays, recoup and get a fresh start come January.
post #10035 of 20352
So my dynasty should look even more interesting for anyone who needs one...
post #10036 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

So my dynasty should look even more interesting for anyone who needs one...

No, not really. In fact mentioning it several times within the course of a day is counter productive in my eyes. I believe there's a For Sale section on this forum that you may want to utilize.
post #10037 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post

No, not really. In fact mentioning it several times within the course of a day is counter productive in my eyes. I believe there's a For Sale section on this forum that you may want to utilize.

Dude I was making a point in a joking way... relax
post #10038 of 20352
Just wanted to let everyone know, I got the email that my order of Sentinel has been shipped. I made the order on 11/3. Very excited.
post #10039 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

Is anyone else noticing a very deep sound print from all notes on the larger Epik subs?

I keep feeling like it is focused on staying deep and despite a flat plotted response I feel very little mid bass slam but instead a rumble and throaty sound

Looks like my second sub will be a mid bass machine basically sitting in my lap ha

I feel the same way you do only with my Phoenix. It does deep very very well, but mid-bass for me at least is not as prominent. I did REW and have a very flat repsonse but I'm not too concerned as I am getting another sub (not a Phoenix) to rectify the midbass need and smooth out room response for others as well as myself.
post #10040 of 20352
well,l I missed the boat here...I was going to order dual sent's or a phoenix, but now that they are out until after the Holidays, it looks like I will be going somewhere else for sub..I really wanted to try an Epik also
post #10041 of 20352
Just saw that Chad has totally sold out of subs. Very happy for him. It's tough in the consumer electronics field right now. So, that's quite an accomplishment.

Love my Phoenix. Hope Epik has a chance to take a breather, and get back to it in 2010.

Don't know if my perception is correct, but I get the sense that Epik builds as many subs as they can, for as long as they can, until they run out of components and materials. Then, they restock, sometimes redesign, and start all over again.

To those that got their orders in before the "out of stock" postings, you won't be disappointed. To those who are waiting, I can honestly say, it's worth the wait.
post #10042 of 20352
Picked up my twin Sentinels from Chad on Monday. Glad I got my order in when I did. They replace my Hsu vtf3.3 (For Sale btw). So far the bass seems a tad reserved vs the Hsu, yet tighter. I will run them for a few more hours and then blast them with Star Trek. heh heh...

Sorry the pic stinks
LL
post #10043 of 20352
I guess they did not anticipate being sold out so soon. The Vanquish and Sentinels sale really kicked things off (new line debuted in late Feb, parts out of stock late Nov). I dont think they'll revamp their line so soon. Was forced to do so becasue the original parts manufac / supplier had problems, so they had to change manufac- thus Subwoofer line. Hope their back in production sooner. I also hope to see the successor of the Conquest sometime next year too .
post #10044 of 20352
camtah....give the subs a little time to break in. I've noticed a difference in my Phoenix between when I first hooked it up, to now (3-4 months later).
post #10045 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by camtah View Post

Picked up my twin Sentinels from Chad on Monday. Glad I got my order in when I did. They replace my Hsu vtf3.3 (For Sale btw). So far the bass seems a tad reserved vs the Hsu, yet tighter. I will run them for a few more hours and then blast them with Star Trek. heh heh...

Sorry the pic stinks

Congratulations and happy listening!
post #10046 of 20352
Is there something like the Auralex Subdude that will work with the Phoenix? I may end up having to build something since I haven't found anything yet.
post #10047 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by opiy View Post

Is there something like the Auralex Subdude that will work with the Phoenix? I may end up having to build something since I haven't found anything yet.

Im sure there is just check the dimensions on your sub, it doesnt have to be a perfect .
post #10048 of 20352
There is always the gramma or the great gramma

I have the great gramma
post #10049 of 20352
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

There is always the gramma or the great gramma

I have the great gramma

X2
post #10050 of 20352
The PB13 is 20.5" wide and barely fits on your great gramma, the Phoenix is 22"
wide. I think that is why he is asking.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Epik Subwoofer Thread