or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Epik Subwoofer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Epik Subwoofer Thread - Page 627

post #18781 of 20356
Just looking for some input from you guys. Looking at replacing an older 10" klipsch sub. The candidates I'm deciding between are: Hsu VTF-2 MK 4 and the Epik Legend. The Epik is on sale right now for $399 + free shipping. The Hsu is also on sale but for $519 + $64 for shipping. I haven't heard either sub. Just looking for some good feedback. Thanks

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #18782 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo samurai View Post

Just looking for some input from you guys. Looking at replacing an older 10" klipsch sub. The candidates I'm deciding between are: Hsu VTF-2 MK 4 and the Epik Legend. The Epik is on sale right now for $399 + free shipping. The Hsu is also on sale but for $519 + $64 for shipping. I haven't heard either sub. Just looking for some good feedback. Thanks

I have heard neither so take my advice with a grain of salt. I have heard from one person who has owned both that the HSU is tough to dial in. At least it was in his room and he was never able to very well. didnt have a problem with the legends. Keep in mind this is only one person. I haven't done much research on the HSU. The epik has dual 12's which will give it somewhat better dispersion than the HSU. I just ordered dual legends because Im on a budget and have a wide LP so I wanted two subs to even out dispersion.
post #18783 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealteamz6 View Post

I have heard neither so take my advice with a grain of salt. I have heard from one person who has owned both that the HSU is tough to dial in. At least it was in his room and he was never able to very well. didnt have a problem with the legends. Keep in mind this is only one person. I haven't done much research on the HSU. The epik has dual 12's which will give it somewhat better dispersion than the HSU. I just ordered dual legends because Im on a budget and have a wide LP so I wanted two subs to even out dispersion.
Thanks for the input. I'm just starting to do a little research. Also came upon the SVS pb 100. I will also consider this sub. Keep the replies coming.
post #18784 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealteamz6 View Post

I have heard neither so take my advice with a grain of salt. I have heard from one person who has owned both that the HSU is tough to dial in. At least it was in his room and he was never able to very well. didnt have a problem with the legends. Keep in mind this is only one person. I haven't done much research on the HSU. The epik has dual 12's which will give it somewhat better dispersion than the HSU. I just ordered dual legends because Im on a budget and have a wide LP so I wanted two subs to even out dispersion.

I've seen you mention dispersion a couple times. What do you mean by this?
post #18785 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhskyTangoFoxtrt View Post

I've seen you mention dispersion a couple times. What do you mean by this?

After talking a lot with Archaea who has noticed that designs like the Epik's aka dual opposed driver designs generally give somewhat better bass dispersion throughout a room. He has subjectively as he put noticed this in multiple different rooms. I believe him. Bass may be omnidirectional from the driver below 80Hz but its still gonna be directed depending on how you set it up. Having two drivers facing in opposite directions will have an effect on dispersion.

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=content&id=77#!prettyPhoto

^read this. when you get to the in room testing section pay close attention it gives a good explanation of what I mean. Im not saying that a single driver sub for 400 versus a dual driver one for 400 is worse than the dual driver sub. Just saying it helps with dispersion. there is subjective and objective evidence of this.
post #18786 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo samurai View Post

Thanks for the input. I'm just starting to do a little research. Also came upon the SVS pb 100. I will also consider this sub. Keep the replies coming.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1425179/the-subwoofer-recommendation-by-pricepoint-thread

^ Give this thread a look
post #18787 of 20356
Get the Legend, I used to have two Klipsch Rw-12d's, and they are great for $300 a piece, but, since they are ported you get port chuffing at high volumes, so if you get the Legend you will not get the chuffing, and i bet the legend sounds better.
post #18788 of 20356
Well for all of you looking to get an epik legend for 400 free shipping.

Epik just posted this on facebook

"Epik Subwoofers is completely SOLD OUT of Legend and Empire subwoofers! Thanks to all those who have purchased during our Cyber Week Sale. We are working to get your orders out as quickly as possible and will update our website soon. Thanks again!"

Glad I ordered mine this morning
post #18789 of 20356
Dual Legends might work in that room, i dont think one would do it, my room is 15 x 13 or so with 8 ft celing, and i have Dual Empires, and they do great for the most part.
post #18790 of 20356
Dual Legends might work in that room, i dont think one would do it, my room is 15 x 13 or so with 8 ft celing, and i have Dual Empires, and they do great for the most part.
post #18791 of 20356
What OLD Klipsch sub do you have?, i used to have the Klipsch KSW-10, she was my first sub, and it was great, but i saw the Klipsch RW-10 on CL, so i got it and it was an improvement, then later that night, i saw that Newegg had the Klipsch RW-12D for $300, so i got that, and it was better then the RW-10, after a couple of months i had enought money to get another RW-12D, so i did, and i loved having Duals it NICE, the UPGRADEITUS hit, and i saw on CL the Epik Empire, for $600, i never heard of this company before, so i did reserch and found them to be a great company so i bought it, and was happy with my purchase.
post #18792 of 20356
They said they are sold out of empires as well as legends. I wonder if they are gonna release a new line of subwoofers soon?
post #18793 of 20356
Legend got delivered tonight.

I have it in my downstairs 'experimental room,' augmenting an old MFW-15 (yes, some of them actually still work fine).

Did my calibration, played a very recent Batman film on BR, and this sucker packs some real punch for its size! It definitely doesn't get nearly as deep or pack as much spl as my Conquest, but it was a helluva deal for 399. I'd say it's cleaner than my SVS 16-46PC+, which I bought for about twice its price some years ago.. I kinda wish I had gotten duals and just stacked them.
post #18794 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealteamz6 View Post

They said they are sold out of empires as well as legends. I wonder if they are gonna release a new line of subwoofers soon?

They dropped hints on their FB page like "...beautiful weather for ground plane measurements..." biggrin.gif . So wrt new Epik products, I hope so- and at least a ported 15" / 18" uber sub.
post #18795 of 20356
So does anyone know how to get an Epik Empire repaired? Preferably by the manufacturer, as this will be an insurance claim. One of mine is now dead (no lights, no nothing). The 2 little fuses are good. I have sent multiple emails and left multiple messages for Epik starting before Thanksgiving, which have not been responded to.

Thanks!
post #18796 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaTheater View Post

So does anyone know how to get an Epik Empire repaired? Preferably by the manufacturer, as this will be an insurance claim. One of mine is now dead (no lights, no nothing). The 2 little fuses are good. I have sent multiple emails and left multiple messages for Epik starting before Thanksgiving, which have not been responded to.
Thanks!
You just have to keep trying.
post #18797 of 20356
Damm. I'll look into the SVS Pb 1000 then. Or wait and see if Epik replinishes their stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealteamz6 View Post

Well for all of you looking to get an epik legend for 400 free shipping.
Epik just posted this on facebook
"Epik Subwoofers is completely SOLD OUT of Legend and Empire subwoofers! Thanks to all those who have purchased during our Cyber Week Sale. We are working to get your orders out as quickly as possible and will update our website soon. Thanks again!"
Glad I ordered mine this morning
post #18798 of 20356
I have the Klipsch Synergy Sub-10. Does a decent job, but looking for a little more punch. This is my first sub as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

What OLD Klipsch sub do you have?, i used to have the Klipsch KSW-10, she was my first sub, and it was great, but i saw the Klipsch RW-10 on CL, so i got it and it was an improvement, then later that night, i saw that Newegg had the Klipsch RW-12D for $300, so i got that, and it was better then the RW-10, after a couple of months i had enought money to get another RW-12D, so i did, and i loved having Duals it NICE, the UPGRADEITUS hit, and i saw on CL the Epik Empire, for $600, i never heard of this company before, so i did reserch and found them to be a great company so i bought it, and was happy with my purchase.
post #18799 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaTheater View Post

So does anyone know how to get an Epik Empire repaired? Preferably by the manufacturer, as this will be an insurance claim. One of mine is now dead (no lights, no nothing). The 2 little fuses are good. I have sent multiple emails and left multiple messages for Epik starting before Thanksgiving, which have not been responded to.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

You just have to keep trying.

I've been trying to contact them since Nov 6th for a dead Sentinel. No responses back, but they have time to sell out their inventory and post on their Facebook page....

Good luck trying to reach them.
post #18800 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeArSix View Post

I've been trying to contact them since Nov 6th for a dead Sentinel. No responses back, but they have time to sell out their inventory and post on their Facebook page....
Good luck trying to reach them.
post this on their fb page and see what happens. if they delete your comment or try an escape goat that will tell you there true identity. i know some here will stick up for them, but it still smells a little funny with them. if you run out of stock on your two most popular models i sure hope they have some resources to fall on in the meantime.
post #18801 of 20356
No reason to be all suspicious.

When the amp on my Conquest died, they responded within 24 hrs.
post #18802 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

No reason to be all suspicious.
When the amp on my Conquest died, they responded within 24 hrs.

your comparing apples to oranges....he has been waiting since the 6th of november. that's a little more than 24hrs don't you think?
post #18803 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

your comparing apples to oranges....he has been waiting since the 6th of november. that's a little more than 24hrs don't you think?


Maybe he needs to work on his assertiveness.

When my amp died, I posted about it here, sent an email to them, called them, and posted about it on their facebook page.

Shockingly, I had a quick response...
post #18804 of 20356
Man what a nice price. Was looking for another sub too, but missed the deal....
post #18805 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

No reason to be all suspicious.
When the amp on my Conquest died, they responded within 24 hrs.

Same in my case. Chad addressed the issue promptly.
post #18806 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

Maybe he needs to work on his assertiveness.
When my amp died, I posted about it here, sent an email to them, called them, and posted about it on their facebook page.
Shockingly, I had a quick response...

Are you suggesting that level of 'assertiveness' is reasonable? Really? Imho, any firm that doesn't return a SINGLE customer call, or email within 24 to 48 hours max, has a serious problem. This has been a long term ongoing problem at Epik, and it is NOT acceptable on any level. Shockingly, this kind of logic you are suggesting only perpetuates the problem. Epik needs to finally accept that this is a real problem and develop a solution, not the customer. Attentive customer service shouldn't be a chance thing, period.
post #18807 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaTheater View Post

So does anyone know how to get an Epik Empire repaired? Preferably by the manufacturer, as this will be an insurance claim. One of mine is now dead (no lights, no nothing). The 2 little fuses are good. I have sent multiple emails and left multiple messages for Epik starting before Thanksgiving, which have not been responded to.
Thanks!

I sent them an email and got a response a day later. Not sure why you cant reach them
post #18808 of 20356
I found middle afternoon the best time to call. Don't rely on email, pick up the phone.

Edit: 2PM EST to be precise.
post #18809 of 20356
I ordered a Legend yesterday. I got an email last night stating it shipped via FedEx. When I check the tracking number, FedEx has no info. I know there's a delay, but it should have shown up by now. I think the way it works is I get the email when the shipping label is printed and it doesn't enter the system until it gets scanned for pickup. I guess this means it hasn't actually shipped and won't until next week. I wasn't expecting it to ship immediately, but was happy that it did smile.gif, and now I'm sad frown.gif.
post #18810 of 20356
Damn, I missed out. I was waiting until today because I got paid, to order a Legend, and they are all sold out. I guess they are closed today, I have called four times since the this morning and nobody answers. Email has been sent out too. Lame
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Epik Subwoofer Thread