or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Epik Subwoofer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Epik Subwoofer Thread - Page 648

post #19411 of 20356
Soooo.....

Epik is still going to make subs or what? I'd be all over the Empire, but all of this made me a little scared.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #19412 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Soooo.....

Epik is still going to make subs or what? I'd be all over the Empire, but all of this made me a little scared.

At this point until we something official from Chad and he's actually taking orders I would go with the "or what"
Edited by jbrown15 - 4/26/13 at 6:34pm
post #19413 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post

The new amp looks a little smaller than the original. Does it fill the hole properly?

Yes the amp holes line up

I did ask Chad about if all of the wire strands not making it in the connection and he said that as long as the wire is crimped to the connector it will be fine as it is just metal touching metal and it will run perfectly. That was good news to hear as it felt like I got all of the wires in the connector.
post #19414 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmcnevi View Post

Yes the amp holes line up

I did ask Chad about if all of the wire strands not making it in the connection and he said that as long as the wire is crimped to the connector it will be fine as it is just metal touching metal and it will run perfectly. That was good news to hear as it felt like I got all of the wires in the connector.

Is Chad a friend or family member of yours? The entire world is trying to get a hold of Chad and you managed to not only get a replacement amp from the guy but also were able to follow up with him about that amp. Amazing
post #19415 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Soooo.....

Epik is still going to make subs or what? I'd be all over the Empire, but all of this made me a little scared.

Stay away from Epik, why would you want to be part of this mess?

Two SB12's
Two Outlaw LFM EX

Both are around the same price provide you either a sealed or ported option, with same or better output, higher quality components and sold buy a real business.

If you want an Epik Empire buy it used like new they go for about $500
post #19416 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post

The new amp looks a little smaller than the original. Does it fill the hole properly?

That's what he said.
post #19417 of 20356
Pair of Empires available in Knoxville Tennessee
post #19418 of 20356
So check this out my empire just died and I plan on contacting Chad, though the hold up is that i bought it used. The question is will he give a replacement amp no problem or should i say something else? That's assuming i can reach him at all. frown.gif
post #19419 of 20356
So you're out of warranty and want something for free? Some complain about the business practices of Epik....

He might sell you one....ask Chad.
post #19420 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

So you're out of warranty and want something for free? Some complain about the business practices of Epik....

He might sell you one....ask Chad.

So does Epik only proved warranty to the original owner? If that's the case that sucks, its a pet peeve of mine when a company doesn't offer a warranty to a second owner even though it falls within the time frame of the warranty offered to the original owner.

Companies should stand behind their products regardless if its been sold to someone else if its still when the time frame of their claimed warranty IMO.
post #19421 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

So you're out of warranty and want something for free? Some complain about the business practices of Epik....

He might sell you one....ask Chad.

So does Epik only proved warranty to the original owner? If that's the case that sucks, its a pet peeve of mine when a company doesn't offer a warranty to a second owner even though it falls within the time frame of the warranty offered to the original owner.

Companies should stand behind their products regardless if its been sold to someone else if its still when the time frame of their claimed warranty IMO.

Then don't buy from companies that don't have transferable warranties. Lots of things don't come with transferable warranties. Epik's warranty is only for the original owner, not transferable; further, it's limited to those who have USA shipping addresses only.
post #19422 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Then don't buy from companies that don't have transferable warranties. Lots of things don't come with transferable warranties. Epik's warranty is only for the original owner, not transferable; further, it's limited to those who have USA shipping addresses only.

Why am I not surprised that Epik won't even warranty a sub if it was bought by a customer who lives in Canada.
I can't even begin to say how glad I am that I didn't buy dual Empires when I was thinking about it last year.
post #19423 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Then don't buy from companies that don't have transferable warranties. Lots of things don't come with transferable warranties. Epik's warranty is only for the original owner, not transferable; further, it's limited to those who have USA shipping addresses only.

Why am I not surprised that Epik won't even warranty a sub if it was bought by a customer who lives in Canada.
I can't even begin to say how glad I am that I didn't buy dual Empires when I was thinking about it last year.

Good thing you didn't read the terms and conditions, you just might have been a consumer who wasn't happy with his purchase. rolleyes.gif
post #19424 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Good thing you didn't read the terms and conditions, you just might have been a consumer who wasn't happy with his purchase. rolleyes.gif

LOL... yes rolleyes.gif exactly
post #19425 of 20356
Quote:
Why am I not surprised that Epik won't even warranty a sub if it was bought by a customer who lives in Canada.
To be fair, there are a lot of companies that don't offer warranties in Canada on products purchased in the U.S.
post #19426 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

To be fair, there are a lot of companies that don't offer warranties in Canada on products purchased in the U.S.

This is true. And, this is not an Epik thing, but any company who will sell you and ship you a product to Canada, IMHO, should honor their warranty. Otherwise, don't sell your product outside of the US.
post #19427 of 20356
I think it might more complicated than you think -- especially navigating international law. Ideally, one would want to use a distributor to handle warranty claims.
post #19428 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

To be fair, there are a lot of companies that don't offer warranties in Canada on products purchased in the U.S.

This is true. And, this is not an Epik thing, but any company who will sell you and ship you a product to Canada, IMHO, should honor their warranty.

Probably why Epik didn't offer to ship to Canada...
post #19429 of 20356
Last time I checked Epik wasn't shipping anything to anywhere, not just Canada.
But I get your point.
post #19430 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Last time I checked Epik wasn't shipping anything to anywhere, not just Canada.
But I get your point.

And I, yours. rolleyes.gif
post #19431 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post

Is Chad a friend or family member of yours? The entire world is trying to get a hold of Chad and you managed to not only get a replacement amp from the guy but also were able to follow up with him about that amp. Amazing

No kidding. I fear Epik has gone complete turtle on us. I've sent a message via Faceb**k, and tried calling about once or twice a day for the last couple of weeks. No response.

If I were a betting man, I would say Epik has encountered significant roadblocks (either technical or financial, or both) to the "new product line", and simply doesn't have the resources to address outstanding issues. And maybe, just maybe, Chad et al have taken a Leave of Absence, planning to return to operations only when/if stuff gets sorted out. Or as a colleague of mine put it: the company isn't treading water or just trying to stay afloat, but rather everyone has left the pool and is at the tiki hut having drinks.

The next "new" ID subwoofer company is going to have a huge uphill battle concerning stability to address with the public when they hit the market. I know I'd look to Hsu or someone else more established now...

shinksma
post #19432 of 20356
Quote:
The next "new" ID subwoofer company is going to have a huge uphill battle concerning stability to address with the public when they hit the market.
Unless that new company is PowerSoundAudio, which came out of nowhere less than two years ago and in very short order established a stellar reputation for both product and service. That's a business model worth emulating. cool.gif
post #19433 of 20356
PSA came out of the gate hitting home runs, great products with amazing and almost literally 24hour customer service. I have personally sent and received emails from Tom at midnight Pacific time.
post #19434 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

PSA came out of the gate hitting home runs, great products with amazing and almost literally 24hour customer service. I have personally sent and received emails from Tom at midnight Pacific time.

Well PSA also has one of the former founders of SVS at the helm and the guy knows what he is doing. Chad seems to be a good subwoofer designer and really tried to being an affordable product to the masses that, for the money, stacked up very well. It just seems he was not a good businessman. From what I have read this was not his first company either. So it could be that he will try again with a different name at some point once the dust settles on Epik.
post #19435 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

PSA came out of the gate hitting home runs, great products with amazing and almost literally 24hour customer service. I have personally sent and received emails from Tom at midnight Pacific time.

Not sure it's actually good that the chief honcho has to work 24/7....he needs to sleep and have a life, too....midnight our time is 3am his eek.gif
post #19436 of 20356
I love my Sentinel, but it's good to know there are other smaller reasonably priced products out there for when it finally goes. I almost wonder if the Epik owner just had some personal/health issues. He was always super responsive so this is an abrupt change.
post #19437 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinksma View Post

I suspect that the older Empires came with a custom-variant of the SD-50, since both of my Empires' amps look just like that, with variable LP filter setting via the knob and gain knob, except there are no high-level ins/outs (replaced by Epik logo). And the back-side (inside surface) of my plate amp says "Epik SD-50" or something similar. I have seen noted here on this thread that more recent Empires have an amp that looks like the GPM-500.

shinksma

Here is a link to the page that shows the SD-50 amp that epik used in the older Vanquish subwoofer.It's the same one used in the Empire.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/885079/official-epik-subwoofer-thread/6390#post_16316581
post #19438 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLansing View Post

Here is a link to the page that shows the SD-50 amp that epik used in the older Vanquish subwoofer.It's the same one used in the Empire.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/885079/official-epik-subwoofer-thread/6390#post_16316581

where can these be purchased?
post #19439 of 20356
I found this on another forum from back in 2009. Sounds kind of familiar... I haven't had any issues with my Empires, but still a little concerned if something does happen to mine.

Quote:
"Thanks again for your email. Our Conquest is discontinued. Our other offerings are out of stock and will not be available again for quite some time. We are working to replace/redesign our other products.

The Empire offers such great performance for the price, that it doesn't make sense to offer some of our other models who's performance/price can't match that of the Empire.

We are always working on designing new products and hope to have a 12" and a larger sub available again in coming months, however it will still be quite some time before we have any other information to release regarding these new products. They are still being developed.

We apologize there is not more available at this time. Again, just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again for your email and your continued interest in Epik Subwoofers.

All the best, Chad"
post #19440 of 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post

where can these be purchased?

If your talking about the Vanquish sub,they can be bought on the used market from time to time.

If you mean the amp,other than epik,no idea.It's slightly different than the stock Vistar SD-50 amp.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Epik Subwoofer Thread