or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' on FOX!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' on FOX! - Page 2

post #31 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

In an alternate timeline, you like alternate timelines.

In an alternate timeline, this series survives six entire seasons.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post

This show will be going down the tubes in a relatively short time, and probably deservedly so.

I'll watch, but not holdin' out much hope for it.
post #32 of 4319
I saw the pilot. I wasn't too impressed. And the Terminators definitely have no cool factor to them like Arnold and Robert Patrick.

The series take place immediately after the events of T2. I know the show probably doesn't have a big budget, but where are the T-1000 terminators?

Unless they retool the show, it won't last a full season.
post #33 of 4319
Didnt know they had this, thought P's poll was the only thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missions View Post

I saw the pilot. I wasn't too impressed. And the Terminators definitely have no cool factor to them like Arnold and Robert Patrick.

The series take place immediately after the events of T2. I know the show probably doesn't have a big budget, but where are the T-1000 terminators?

Unless they retool the show, it won't last a full season.

I was wondering the same thing but cant have T-1000's since they destroyed everything, supposedly, pushing the time line back.

and it starts 2yrs later not immediately after

Luv the sound though
post #34 of 4319
I will go in to this with an open mind. This could be a lot of fun if it is done correctly.

Still, I have little confidence that Fox will keep the show around (even if its good) based on their history. But hey, gotta give it a chance. BTW: When are those new Star Wars TV shows supposed to air?
post #35 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missions View Post

...I know the show probably doesn't have a big budget, but where are the T-1000 terminators?

Remember that the T1000 was an advanced prototype. Seen that movie one too many times .
I just saw a Prison Break promo with a Sarah Connor Chronicles promo attached to it. Summer Glau in her Terminatrix character saying "I am not the enemy. I am here to protect him." It had that 'break into normal television transmission' look to it. I'll give it a chance. This show could turn out like many shows have in the past few seasons, start slow and get better towards the end of the season.
post #36 of 4319
Yup an advanced protoype that failed at it's mission. So...

Also since they are traveling in time, it doesn't matter if this took place before or after T2. My guess is there was only 1 T1000 and that's it.
post #37 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post

My guess is there was only 1 T1000 and that's it.

There have been at least 3 model T1000 terminators...

First movie, T1000 was the bad guy and he got mashed.

Second movie, a different T1000 was reprogrammed and sent to protect John. They found the mashed leftover bits from the first prototype and destroyed those + this new T1000 by movie's end.

Third movie, yet another T1000 was reprogrammed (after having killed John in the future already) to be a good guy again.

Could be more that never were shown.. but definately at least 3 of this prototype around.
post #38 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

There have been at least 3 model T1000 terminators...

First movie, T1000 was the bad guy and he got mashed.

Second movie, a different T1000 was reprogrammed and sent to protect John. They found the mashed leftover bits from the first prototype and destroyed those + this new T1000 by movie's end.

Third movie, yet another T1000 was reprogrammed (after having killed John in the future already) to be a good guy again.

Could be more that never were shown.. but definately at least 3 of this prototype around.

I think you are confused. The T-1000 was introduced in the 2nd movie and was played by Robert Patrick. According to the comic there where atleast 2 T1000s.

btw, the pilot starts off a few years after T2 and then they move forward in time to today(2007/8) where the series will take place.
post #39 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDax View Post

I think you are confused. The T-1000 was introduced in the 2nd movie and was played by Robert Patrick. According to the comic there where atleast 2 T1000s.

btw, the pilot starts off a few years after T2 and then they move forward in time to today(2007/8) where the series will take place.

My bad. I completely misread the original post and had Ah-nold on the brain!

So a big nevermind to me!
post #40 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDax View Post

btw, the pilot starts off a few years after T2 and then they move forward in time to today(2007/8) where the series will take place.

So are they completely disregarding the plot of Terminator 3?
post #41 of 4319
the Arnold characters are the 800/810 series model 101 or T-101. Third movie with Loken was the T-X.
post #42 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

So are they completely disregarding the plot of Terminator 3?

That's the way I'm understanding it, based on interviews with the producers. I didn't hate T3, but I am all for them ignoring it in order to have more freedom with this series. This is a time travel story, so we can always just look at Rise of the Machines as one possible timeline, and Sarah Conner Chronicles as another.
post #43 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post

That's the way I'm understanding it, based on interviews with the producers. I didn't hate T3, but I am all for them ignoring it in order to have more freedom with this series. This is a time travel story, so we can always just look at Rise of the Machines as one possible timeline, and Sarah Conner Chronicles as another.

Well we can't do that because unless the events in T3 never happened there is no way the series can be in present day. Time travel can't explain away the fact that John Conners exsisted in 2004 and the world as we know it ended(according to T3) when in fact John Conners went forward in time to 2007 where the world as we know it still exsit.(according to the series)

I did see where the ExProd of the series said there would be a link between the series and T4. So, maybe that will explain what happened to T3.
post #44 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

So are they completely disregarding the plot of Terminator 3?

I have Terminator on several different formats.
(including T2 on VHS, LaserDisc, two DVD releases,
and now Blu-ray)

Obviously I'm a Terminator fan...

I can't wait to see Sarah Connor Chronicles.

On the other hand, I just can't picture it without Arnold.
When does the California governor's term end? Maybe
he can make a guest appearance or somthing. (assuming
that he doesn't run for the US Senate, or POTUS!)
post #45 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDax View Post

btw, the pilot starts off a few years after T2 and then they move forward in time to today(2007/8) where the series will take place.

It sounds as though they're leap-froggin' past 1997 (Skynet incident) and directly into the war?), thus ignoring everything that happened in T3 (as Josh already mentioned). Sounds like a mistake.
post #46 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

It sounds as though they're leap-froggin' past 1997 (Skynet incident) and directly into the war?), thus ignoring everything that happened in T3 (as Josh already mentioned). Sounds like a mistake.

http://www.graphpaper.com/wp/wp-cont...1/timeline.gif
post #47 of 4319
Well, there is the theory that if you went back in time you would create and alternate universe therefore making it impossible the change the future of your oringinal universe and allowing to create a new future in the alternate. If that's what they are doing here then how are they going to link it to T4 since T4 is a direct sequel to T3?
post #48 of 4319
From what I heard at the comic-con panel for Sarah Conner with some of the actors and staff, a new parallel timeline was created. Just like before some events in the past were altered creating a new future. In the original Terminator the nuclear war would have already happened many years ago, it was pushed back after the events of the first couple movies. So they are going further with that concept, allows more flexibility and different types of terminators in a new timeline. The timejump forward a decade, really pushes the timeline difference, makes John Conner much younger in a later time period. He is now a high school age kid in 2008, whereas in T3 he was an adult in 2003.
post #49 of 4319
I was referring the direction the producers chose to take as a 'mistake'. They seem to be avoiding the war at all costs.
post #50 of 4319
I'm using this series as an excuse to watch all of the Terminator movies. I haven't ever seen any of them
post #51 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

I was referring the direction the producers chose to take as a 'mistake'. They seem to be avoiding the war at all costs.

Well T4 is were we will see the war. That movie takes place 10yrs(2014) after Judgement day in T3.
post #52 of 4319
It should be interesting, but the main reason I am going to watch is my best friend is doing some animation work on it.
post #53 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanSaysYo View Post

I'm using this series as an excuse to watch all of the Terminator movies. I haven't ever seen any of them

By the way, you know the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, right? Plus, Kennedy was shot.
post #54 of 4319
starts tonight at 8:00..
post #55 of 4319
Is my FIOS DVR going to be smart enough to start my Terminator recording tonight on time if the Giants-Cowboys game goes past its scheduled time and the primetime schedule is delayed? I'm going to be watching UVA-Duke basketball at 8PM and want to make sure I don't have to manually set up my Terminator recording.
post #56 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsan View Post

Is my FIOS DVR going to be smart enough to start my Terminator recording tonight on time if the Giants-Cowboys game goes past its scheduled time and the primetime schedule is delayed? I'm going to be watching UVA-Duke basketball at 8PM and want to make sure I don't have to manually set up my Terminator recording.


I added half an hour of pad to my recording just in case.
post #57 of 4319
Quote:


I have Terminator on several different formats.
(including T2 on VHS, LaserDisc, two DVD releases,
and now Blu-ray)

Obviously I'm a Terminator fan...

I can't wait to see Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Likewise, except I've owned two LDs and three versions of T2 on DVD.

In my world, T3 isn't canonical. No Cameron, no canon. It wan't even the same studio.

I know that I'm in the minority but, while I understood the logical possibility that made T3 possible, I reject narratives are premised on first telling the audience "we want to milk this franchise some more, so 'FU' to what you thought happened. The Terminator gave its life in vain and Sarah Connor died. Who gives a s**t when we can make more money?"

Can you tell that I hated T3?
post #58 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyMoore View Post

(assuming
that he doesn't run for the US Senate, or POTUS!)

He can't run for President because he was not born in the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDax View Post

Well T4 is were we will see the war. That movie takes place 10yrs(2014) after Judgement day in T3.

Well, if T4 is going to be the war after Judgment Day in T3 (making T4 tied directly to T3 obviously), then how are the going to tie in this series with T4 if they are ignoring T3? I agree rezzy, I think it is a mistake to ignore T3.

I'm giving the show a chance but, even as a Terminator fan, I'm not expecting it to be that good.
post #59 of 4319
T4 can just be after "Judgement Day" - doesn't really matter when they day, or in what timeline it happened.
post #60 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis View Post

By the way, you know the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, right? Plus, Kennedy was shot.

Ted Kennedy was shot???

(ie Harry met Sally)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' on FOX!