or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' on FOX!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' on FOX! - Page 3

post #61 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Carlo View Post

Likewise, except I've owned two LDs and three versions of T2 on DVD.

In my world, T3 isn't canonical. No Cameron, no canon. It wan't even the same studio.

I know that I'm in the minority but, while I understood the logical possibility that made T3 possible, I reject narratives are premised on first telling the audience "we want to milk this franchise some more, so 'FU' to what you thought happened. The Terminator gave its life in vain and Sarah Connor died. Who gives a s**t when we can make more money?"

Can you tell that I hated T3?


Sounds like you won't care for this show either, then.
post #62 of 4319
ugh. How many times are we going to see a terminator character tilt their head slightly?
post #63 of 4319
The show takes place 2 years after T2. So far the show isn't that bad.
post #64 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

The show takes place 2 years after T2. So far the show isn't that bad.

It started out poorly, though. It's improving with age.
post #65 of 4319
seriously, the only move the male terminator seems to know is "**** head to the side menacingly".

That bit about sending someone back to build the weapon is interesting. Seems like it makes it pretty pointless to track down anyone creating Skynet. Skynet from the future would just send back multiple copies as failsafes so no one person/entity is responsible for creating it.

edit: hmm, so c ock won't make it through the filter. Glad there isn't much University of South Carolina discussion here.
post #66 of 4319
Regarding the timeline distortion, I think the solution is simple. Sarah and John's trip to 2007-2008 will ultimately be a failure. In returning to 1999, they will screw something up, accelerating the launch of Skynet (from 2011 as stated in the TV series back to 2003 as shown in T3) and re-establishing the T3/T4 timeline. The events that conclude the series can even dovetail nicely into foreshadowing Sarah's death prior to T3.
post #67 of 4319
PVR/DVR/VCR alert! Series premiere goes over the allotted time by 2 minutes. Ends at 9:02 pm on the east coast!
post #68 of 4319
First episode was ok but I think its going to get old.
post #69 of 4319
Not bad, but it didn't exactly thrill me either. This terminator is too strong, IMO. At least bullets slowed down Arnie somewhat; this guy wasn't even fazed.
post #70 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vurbano View Post

First episode was ok but I think its going to get old.

Agreed! Somehow we've seen it before, sort of. They need to step it up a few notches. Come on. Shock us!
post #71 of 4319
I liked it.

Did you guys notice the strategically placed shadow/wound/bruise in the lower left of the frame when the good terminator was removing the bullet with the needlenose pliers? Very nice.
post #72 of 4319
I wouldn't be suprised if jon and the female terminator hook-up in some way as I see it going that way already.

The show itself was pretty good. I think it may be difficult to keep the show going from week to week as it will be just more of the same..
post #73 of 4319
I really enjoyed the pilot. I don't know if they can keep it interesting, but so far, I'm hooked. There's nothing else on worth watching now anyway.
post #74 of 4319
I've watched the first 20 minutes and I'm starting to lose it. A little over-acting between Sarah and John at the beginning made me laugh a little. But what got me was the ridiculous terminator in the school. Here's a machine with the strength of 10 men and he PULLS OUT A GUN FROM 30 FEET AWAY to shoot John? LOL All he had to do was "act like a teacher" for a minute and walk down the aisle, grab John by the neck, twist and be done with it. But, NOOO, he pulls out a gun and shoots at him. And if that's not bad enough, this machine with sophisticated aiming software, misses him about 50 times. LOL

Yeah . . . whatever. Now back to the show.
post #75 of 4319
The first episode was okay. I can't stand the actress that plays Sarah Connor. I thought she was terrible. I'll give it a few more episodes to see if I like it.

I really wish 24 was back.
post #76 of 4319
The bad t also seemed to have a endless bullet clip what's up with that
post #77 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

The show takes place 2 years after T2. So far the show isn't that bad.

Actually, it takes place 4 years after T2, which took place in 1995. The writers of the show f*cked up the time line.

The show had some pretty decent action, but the script and the acting were borderline terrible; it was like the short-lived Bionic Woman remake. Perhaps it was just pilot jitters, or something, and things will improve with future episodes. That still doesn't excuse the aforementioned time line error they had, though, which I see as a relatively significant thing.
post #78 of 4319
I'd give it tomorrow and one other- but that's already been taped. The potential is there.
post #79 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevername View Post

ugh. How many times are we going to see a terminator character tilt their head slightly?

Plus that paused blank stare they give each other is a bit much. So far it's just ok. I'll give it a couple episodes to win me over.
post #80 of 4319
I thought it was an awesome pilot, one of the best I've seen. I hope it keeps up. I was thoroughly entertained. Finally something to watch
post #81 of 4319
I'm siding with the "it is better than I thought it would be" crowd.

Remembering that this is a TV show budget, the SFX weren't all that bad. The "however" in this goes along with other comments: I'm just not sure how this can be sustained as a series. How many times can you:

-have Sarah and John get settled
-a bad Terminator shows up
-Sarah and John and the cute robot blow it up
-Sarah and John and the cute robot run and get re-settled
-a bad Terminator shows up.....etc.
post #82 of 4319
Summer Glau plays the absolute perfect disconnected female teenager. I love her.

I will watch for however long she is on the show...she totally makes it worthwhile to watch.


I predict cancellation after all current episodes are run...
post #83 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipper IV View Post

Actually, it takes place 4 years after T2, which took place in 1995. The writers of the show f*cked up the time line.

The show had some pretty decent action, but the script and the acting were borderline terrible; it was like the short-lived Bionic Woman remake. Perhaps it was just pilot jitters, or something, and things will improve with future episodes. That still doesn't excuse the aforementioned time line error they had, though, which I see as a relatively significant thing.

Judgement Day #1 (in T2) was in 1997

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/synopsis

Read
post #84 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

I'm siding with the "it is better than I thought it would be" crowd.

Remembering that this is a TV show budget, the SFX weren't all that bad. The "however" in this goes along with other comments: I'm just not sure how this can be sustained as a series. How many times can you:

-have Sarah and John get settled
-a bad Terminator shows up
-Sarah and John and the cute robot blow it up
-Sarah and John and the cute robot run and get re-settled
-a bad Terminator shows up.....etc.

Was this show even considered to run before the writers strike happened?

I would have to agree that the plot every week would get old very quick unless they write a new character(s) into the script and have them being hunted down for other reasons. But even then it would eventually become redundant.

They really need to let the Terminator franchise die.
post #85 of 4319
The show so far is OK enough. I find the leap forward in the future kind of an interesting cliffhanger. I suppose some of the episode was wasted just filling in the backstory for all six people who missed the movies.

On the bright side, nothing really "oh, God, stab my eyes out now" happened.

Sure, the killer robot seemed a bit klutzy, but the movies never were really brain teasers or realistic. I mean, if I were a killer robot system set on destroying John Connor, I would send back hookers and suitcases full of money, and see if we couldn't just turn him into a degenerate.
post #86 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post

I mean, if I were a killer robot system set on destroying John Connor, I would send back hookers and suitcases full of money, and see if we couldn't just turn him into a degenerate.

Weren't you listening, you can't send back anything like that

Which begs the question of all the Terminator saga, if they can't send back weapons, how can they send back big metal robots

I still love the saga and can't wait for the next movie. I thought T3 was great
post #87 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

I still love the saga and can't wait for the next movie. I thought T3 was great

It was good but not great. Ahnold was getting too old for the role. Making another Terminator movie without him or Cameron directing just spells disaster.
post #88 of 4319
T3 was terrible so I'm glad they are ignoring it.

2 years or 4 years - who cares maybe they had another life for 2 years.

I do think they need to stop having the bad T five feet away
and can't kill anyone with 50 shots.
The school teacher thing was kinda bad. Why did he tip the bus?
Also, isn't part of the idea that no one is else is sure what the T's are?
22 people said his leg was a machine and walking right in front of all the swat team guys?

This would be national news and everyone would know.
Back to basics please.

I agree Sarah was miscast. Same as bionic women.
Too young, too thin, too vanilla pretty brunette, "two" poor actresses.

With both shows its the "second" actress who's a show-stopper.
Bad bionic woman and cute T, both VERY good actresses.

Bionic may have a chance to grow, Term. could run out of gas.

We'll see.

With the SciFi channel shooting itself in the head all the time
and giving scifi fans the bird...

Gotta watch scifi somewhere!
post #89 of 4319
Well here's a question I've been wondering about. I thought the series should of continued because John touched the piece of Terminator (T1000) in T2 that hung on the rear window and he threw it off the car and was reabsorbed by the T1000. Arnold explained that copying can be done by touch. Shouldn't he have been copied?
post #90 of 4319
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

Weren't you listening, you can't send back anything like that

Which begs the question of all the Terminator saga, if they can't send back weapons, how can they send back big metal robots

Actually, that question was answered in the first movie, they wrap them in skin and blood.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' on FOX!