Here is a shot of a complete wall but before doing any side hemming. The material falls so well that you really don't notice the breaks from side to side. I was pleased that we were able to achieve the pleated effect all the way across the wall.
The other wall almost finished.
Both side walls are pretty much complete at this point and we begin to think about covering the screen wall.
Here is the first screen wall corner panel. Same principal as the others except that the wood strips and fabric panels are shorter. Pleats are closer together but continue in the same direction as each opposing wall.
Here is the other side. Now to fill in the gaps with a top and bottom panel.
A view from the rear of the room shows that things are really starting to take shape. It was interesting to note the changes in sound and lighting as we went along. I have no acoustical treatments of any kind in this room and it was just an extra bedroom so not ideally isolated or treated. However, we noticed a distinct softening and deadening right away as the fabric began to soak up reflections of both light and sound. It got more and more difficult to see in there!
Here we are with the top panel hung and framing of the screen is almost complete. I was very glad that we had enough fabric to cover these areas as I would have had to buy actual curtains and probably would not have been able to achieve the same look.
Here we have the bottom panel secured and it's pretty much finished! I will get more pictures once all of the junk is out of the room and the pelmet header pieces are attached above the curtains. This stage of the project took all day Saturday and a few hours on Sunday to complete. Once we figured out the pleat spacing and how to maintain the consistent look everything went pretty smoothly. The most time consuming parts were cutting the fabric and stapling it to the wood strips. If I had this to do over again I would get a larger working surface as my two tables were just not wide enough to roll out a 54" wide bolt of fabric and really spread things out. We worked around it but it would have saved time had we not had to handle the fabric so much. A few things for those that might consider doing something like this. An electric stapler is a life saver and was $30 well spent! The hemming tape is inexpensive and works really well for projects like this. Walmart had it in their craft section for about $2 for a roll of 60 yards. We ended up using about 4 rolls. Fabric pencils! We did not have one and just made do with a marker which did not do a good job of marking the fabric. About half way through we found a piece of chalk and this worked better. Next time I would pick up a few fabric pencils and save a lot of time and headaches. The staples we used were T50 3/8" which was perfect for securing the fabric and getting just the right depth into the wood.
I think that's about it. The next pictures should be of the completed room!