or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › New Amazon BD Deals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Amazon BD Deals - Page 5  

post #121 of 194
It seems amazons part of the 8 free blu ray movies (ie three from them) is now over. =/

The link seems to be dead now, so I guess the supplies didnt last till the 23rd. Here I had to wait for the monthly salary, and I missed out on it. =/
post #122 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk View Post

It seems amazons part of the 8 free blu ray movies (ie three from them) is now over. =/

The link seems to be dead now, so I guess the supplies didnt last till the 23rd. Here I had to wait for the monthly salary, and I missed out on it. =/

Too bad you missed out, man. Use a credit card next time.
post #123 of 194
Any LOST fans here?

LOST: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON $67.99 from 87.49
post #124 of 194
awesome deal
post #125 of 194
It's 67.99 on Amazon now.
post #126 of 194
They dropped the MSRP, that's cool.
post #127 of 194
Most of the titles at basement prices posted here (and even cheaper on Fry's in some cases) are making me wonder why?? BHD, HOFD, Patriot, Donnie Brasco, 5th Element, KFH etc... All Sony Titles. I'm wondering if there are Special Editions or new cuts coming out soon or if Sony is just really trying to push some software out there. Just odd that they are all Sony titles. Anyone with info or thoughts? Either way it is great to get these movies so cheap...but still curious.
post #128 of 194
with several movies i'd like to purchase and not much money to buy them with, i really like to know how to get the 10% discount some have mentioned here on my purchase. looking to get MI1 and 2, Memoirs of Geisha, and Underworld. soon enough i'll be picking up dracula, halloween, and a few other movies as well.
post #129 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

with several movies i'd like to purchase and not much money to buy them with, i really like to know how to get the 10% discount some have mentioned here on my purchase. looking to get MI1 and 2, Memoirs of Geisha, and Underworld. soon enough i'll be picking up dracula, halloween, and a few other movies as well.

For a number of months in 2006, Amazon offered a standing 10% title discount to people who purchased a player or three or more titles at once from them. I don't think they've offered it again since 2007 started, and I understand the discount expires at the end of 2007.
post #130 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorS View Post

For a number of months in 2006, Amazon offered a standing 10% title discount to people who purchased a player or three or more titles at once from them. I don't think they've offered it again since 2007 started, and I understand the discount expires at the end of 2007.

post #131 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorS View Post

For a number of months in 2006, Amazon offered a standing 10% title discount to people who purchased a player or three or more titles at once from them. I don't think they've offered it again since 2007 started, and I understand the discount expires at the end of 2007.

My buy-from-amazon arrangement will be expiring at the end of the 2007 also. The increased cost combined with the slow shipping games they play make other purchasing sources more attractive to me.
post #132 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcopolo View Post

My buy-from-amazon arrangement will be expiring at the end of the 2007 also. The increased cost combined with the slow shipping games they play make other purchasing sources more attractive to me.

Since I'm cheap and always select the free shipping option, I've no complaint about having to wait five to seven mail days to receive ordered titles -- that seems fair enough to me ! I'm definitely going to miss the 10% off when it expires -- at the moment it feels like a countdown ! It's not really a lot of money I suppose, but everything makes a difference.

I've never before been aware of their having a 3 for 2 sale like they recently did, has that happened before? For me, buying HD titles is heavily about finding good prices, and so sales like that (and Warner's 25% off discount), make a big difference!
post #133 of 194
New PS3 80GB/Blu Deal.. $599.99

post #134 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvic View Post

New PS3/Blu Deal.. $599.99


$599.99 is too much to spend on the ps3. they need to keep a sku at $499.99 or lower.
post #135 of 194
Looks like it's good on the 60gb model ($499) as well if you click through..
post #136 of 194
* Amazon Price Adjustment 9/20/2007
ANTARCTICA DREAMING: WILDFIRE ON ICE $16.95 from 19.95
BLOOD DIAMOND $18.95 from 19.95
BLUE PLANET (IMAX) $18.95 from 19.95
GOODFELLAS $18.95 from 19.95
AC/DC: LIVE AT DONINGTON $19.95 from 26.99
THE AVIATOR $19.95 from 26.09
I KNOW WHO KILLED ME $26.95 from 35.09
PAPRIKA $26.95 from 35.09
SMALLVILLE: THE COMPLETE SIXTH SEASON $52.95 from 55.95
THE BEST OF BLU-RAY, VOL. 1 $55.95 from 58.95
BEST OF BLU-RAY: ACTION $58.95 from 59.45
BEST OF BLU-RAY: FAMILY $58.95 from 59.45
post #137 of 194
A new, shrinkwrapped Hart's War is being sold by a Marketplace seller for $7.28. Don't know if they meant to sell it for $17.28 since the next nearest price is $17.xx, but it's worth a shot for someone that wants it.
post #138 of 194
can u return ps3 keep dvds lol
post #139 of 194
The Paprika price is the right one, they brought it in line down to the 31% discount which is what they commonly give to discs at that MSRP.
post #140 of 194
Thread Starter 
Was out on vacation for 10 days. Kind of glad to see no new super deals going on. Gotta pay off that vacation first.

Updated first post with new deals. Thanks!
post #141 of 194
Just ordered four BD from Wherehouse on their sale (plus two more from Amazon) and that covers the couple Fox titles I specifically wanted. Hopefully, there won't be any more sales for a while, or at least not GOOD ones -- I need a break !

EDIT: Well, so much for my break -- I just ordered four more titles (three used) from Wherehouse.com . Didn't realize their discount was still running.
post #142 of 194
Amazon has been surprisingly static, not only in that there is little new on sale, but that the prices of the 'great deals' seem to be still in place.
post #143 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phloyd View Post

Amazon has been surprisingly static, not only in that there is little new on sale, but that the prices of the 'great deals' seem to be still in place.

wonder if they are preparing for a big event

thanks
anthony
post #144 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post

wonder if they are preparing for a big event

thanks
anthony

I can't afford one, lol. But I'll do it anyway!
post #145 of 194
The price of "Kung Fu Hustle" has gone up from $14.95 to $17.95. "Identity" and "Last Waltz" have increased from $14.95 to $19.95. There may be other price inreases as well, not sure!
post #146 of 194
A bunch of the Amazon titles changed last night.

The current list still 'on sale' as best I can tell is:

A Knight's Tale [Blu-ray] $17.95 Savings of 38.0%
Big Fish [Blu-ray] $17.95 Savings of 38.0%
Black Hawk Down [Blu-ray] $13.95 Savings of 51.8%
Chronos [Blu-ray] $17.95 Savings of 40.1%
G.I. Jane [Blu-ray] $14.95 Savings of 50.2%
House of Flying Daggers [Blu-ray] $13.95 Savings of 51.8%
Into the Blue [Blu-ray] $17.95 Savings of 38.0%
Invincible [Blu-ray] $20.95 Savings of 47.6%
Kung Fu Hustle [Blu-ray] $17.95 Savings of 38.0%
Stealth [Blu-ray] $17.95 Savings of 38.0%
Tears of the Sun [Blu-ray] $17.95 Savings of 38.0%
The Haunted Mansion [Blu-ray] $14.95 Savings of 50.2%
Underworld - Evolution (Blu-ray) $17.95 Savings of 53.9%
XXX [Blu-ray] $17.95 Savings of 38.0%
post #147 of 194
* Amazon Price Adjustment 9/29/2007
2001 - A Space Odyssey $18.95 from 19.95
A Scanner Darkly $18.95 from 19.95
Full Metal Jacket $18.95 from 19.95
March of the Penguins $18.95 from 19.95
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation $18.95 from 19.95
Superman - The Movie $18.95 from 19.95
Superman II - The Richard Donner Cut $18.95 from 19.95
Swordfish $18.95 from 19.95
The Phantom of the Opera $18.95 from 19.95
The Road Warrior $18.95 from 19.95
The Shining: Special Edition $18.95 from 19.95
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride $18.95 from 19.95
Training Day $18.95 from 19.95
Unforgiven $18.95 from 19.95
Chronos-With Ultimate DVD Promo Unit $23.95 from 31.49
The Company $38.95 from 39.15
Nip/Tuck - The Complete Fourth Season $52.95 from 53.95
The Best of Blu-Ray, Volume Two (The Last Samurai / The Phantom of the Opera / Unforgiven / The Fugitive) $55.95 from 58.95
Lost - The Complete Third Season $66.95 from 67.85
The Sopranos - Season 6, Part 1 $84.95 from 89.95
post #148 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorS View Post

The price of "Kung Fu Hustle" has gone up from $14.95 to $17.95. "Identity" and "Last Waltz" have increased from $14.95 to $19.95. There may be other price inreases as well, not sure!

Species went up $5, from $14.95 to $19.95.

Should have made my move while I had a chance. Oh well, I'll wait for it to go back down or for it to show up used locally.
post #149 of 194
Most of the titles priced between $14.95 - $18.95 are Tier-2+ titles. So think twice before purchasing them.
post #150 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrad View Post

Could be a fire sale, maybe Amazon is going to go HD-DVD exclusive as well

Let me check with Toshiba & Microsoft and see it the have another $150,000,000.00 handy for another bribe...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › New Amazon BD Deals