or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › New Amazon BD Deals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Amazon BD Deals - Page 2  

post #31 of 194
lol .. here you go .. i have my own database of blu-ray titles and I have a computer program that scans amazon pricing everyday.

k .. now it's your turn .. tell me a secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teepanen View Post

I guess you are keeping your secret...
post #32 of 194
These Amazon blu-ray deals came before the paramount announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrad View Post

I wonder if this is the answer to the HD-DVD news, massive price reductions to spur software sales.
post #33 of 194
GREEN - amazon bumped the price higher .. maybe because of paramount

SPIDER-MAN: THE HIGH DEFINITION TRILOGY $64.99 from 89.09

THE FIFTH ELEMENT $14.95 from 19.95
HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS $14.95 from 19.95
THE LAST WALTZ $14.95 from 19.95
KUNG FU HUSTLE $14.95 from 19.95
SPECIES $14.95 from 19.95
MEMENTO $14.95 from 19.95
LAYER CAKE $14.95 from 19.95
BIG FISH $14.95 from 19.95
IDENTITY $14.95 from 19.95
FINDING NEVERLAND $14.95 from 16.49
WARRIORS OF HEAVEN AND EARTH $15.95 from 19.95
CHRONOS $17.95 from 19.95
XXX $17.95 from 19.95
STEALTH $17.95 from 19.95
INTO THE BLUE $17.95 from 19.95
BLACK HAWK DOWN $17.95 from 19.95
TEARS OF THE SUN $17.95 from 19.95
LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER $19.95 from 17.95
SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW $19.95 from 17.95
GHOST $19.95 from 17.95
SLEEPY HOLLOW $19.95 from 17.95
AEON FLUX $17.95 from 19.95
U2: RATTLE AND HUM $19.95 from 17.95
THE ITALIAN JOB $17.95 from 19.95
WE WERE SOLDIERS $19.95 from 17.95
BLACK RAIN $19.95 from 17.95
PAYBACK: STRAIGHT UP $19.95 from 17.95
TRADING PLACES $19.95 from 17.95
THE UNTOUCHABLES $17.95 from 19.95
THE WARRIORS: ULTIMATE DIRECTOR'S CUT $19.95 from 17.95
LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER $19.95 from 17.95
SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW $19.95 from 17.95
GHOST $19.95 from 17.95
SLEEPY HOLLOW $19.95 from 17.95
U2: RATTLE AND HUM $19.95 from 17.95
WE WERE SOLDIERS $19.95 from 17.95
BLACK RAIN $19.95 from 17.95
PAYBACK: STRAIGHT UP $19.95 from 17.95
TRADING PLACES $19.95 from 17.95
THE WARRIORS: ULTIMATE DIRECTOR'S CUT $19.95 from 17.95
UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION $20.95 from 26.95
INVINCIBLE $20.95 from 21.49
THE COVENANT $20.95 from 26.95
TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD OF RICKY BOBBY $21.95 from 24.95
OPEN SEASON $21.95 from 26.95
CASINO ROYALE $21.95 from 26.95
ROCKY BALBOA $21.95 from 26.95
16 BLOCKS $23.95 from 22.95
THE USUAL SUSPECTS $24.95 from 27.95
ULTRAVIOLET $24.95 from 26.95
SILENT HILL $24.95 from 26.95
KISS OF THE DRAGON $24.95 from 27.95
SPEED $24.95 from 27.95
KINGDOM OF HEAVEN: DIRECTOR'S CUT $24.95 from 27.95
FANTASTIC FOUR $24.95 from 27.95
THE TRANSPORTER $24.95 from 27.95
MONSTER HOUSE $24.95 from 26.95
THE TRANSPORTER 2 $24.95 from 27.95
ALIEN VS. PREDATOR $24.95 from 27.95
PREDATOR $24.95 from 27.95
THE HOLIDAY $24.95 from 26.95
ERAGON $24.95 from 27.95
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM $24.95 from 27.95
THE CONDEMNED $24.95 from 27.95
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III $27.95 from 25.95
BABEL $27.95 from 25.95
DREAMGIRLS $27.95 from 25.95
BLACK SNAKE MOAN $25.95 from 27.95
THE DESCENT $26.95 from 27.95
DISTURBIA $26.95 from 27.95
LORD OF WAR $27.95 from 26.95
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III $27.95 from 25.95
BABEL $27.95 from 25.95
DREAMGIRLS $27.95 from 25.95
HAPPILY N'EVER AFTER $27.95 from 26.95
SPIDER-MAN 3 $29.95 from 44.99
RESCUE ME: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON $53.95 from 55.95
post #34 of 194
That's the way to drain neutral wallets and hamper HD DVD sales... classic.
post #35 of 194
Thread Starter 
ruvic, this is really great stuff! It would be fantastic if you could maintain some kind of thread (or this one) for the Amazon pricing. I am sure many of us would really appreciate this.
post #36 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvic View Post

BLADES OF GLORY $26.95 from 27.95

.................NOT.

Sorry, just trolling.
post #37 of 194
Sure thing.. i will try to share these Amazon blu-ray deals as they come.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teepanen View Post

ruvic, this is really great stuff! It would be fantastic if you could maintain some kind of thread (or this one) for the Amazon pricing. I am sure many of us would really appreciate this.
post #38 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teepanen View Post

ruvic, this is really great stuff! It would be fantastic if you could maintain some kind of thread (or this one) for the Amazon pricing. I am sure many of us would really appreciate this.

+1.

I appreciate it, but my wife and my wallet do not, however
post #39 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvic View Post

Sure thing.. i will try to share these Amazon blu-ray deals as they come.

Cheers!

You rock! Subscribing to this thread...
post #40 of 194
Could we possibly edit the first post to show the most updated Amazon prices?

Thanks ruvic!
post #41 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprSlow View Post

Could we possibly edit the first post to show the most updated Amazon prices?

Thanks ruvic!

It is done. But I lost the colors.

ruvic, maybe you want to start your own thread so that you can maintain the first post as you wish?
post #42 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teepanen View Post

It is done. But I lost the colors.

ruvic, maybe you want to start your own thread so that you can maintain the first post as you wish?


Click "quote" on ruvic's latest post, then copy/paste and you'll retain the URLs to Amazon
post #43 of 194
That's what im about to type.. so from now on Teepanen will be responsible for updating the first post ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprSlow View Post

Click "quote" on ruvic's latest post, then copy/paste and you'll retain the URLs to Amazon
post #44 of 194
Thread Starter 
Errr, right. Now why didn't I think of that.

I don't mind, ruvic, its up to you as you are the source here...
post #45 of 194
Now all they have to do is drop those Fox releases another $5 and they'll be inline with every other studio and also part of my collection.
post #46 of 194
Taken from Amazon.. here's the average blu-ray pricing for each major studios

20th Century Fox with 26 titles @ AVG Price - $26.91
Paramount Pictures with 33 titles @ AVG Price - $23.68
Lionsgate Films with 28 titles @ AVG Price - $22.87
Sony Pictures with 67 titles @ AVG Price - $22.26
Warner Bros. with 57 titles @ AVG Price - $21.13
Disney / Buena Vista with 38 titles @ AVG Price - $20.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkny75 View Post

Now all they have to do is drop those Fox releases another $5 and they'll be inline with every other studio and also part of my collection.
post #47 of 194
Nice work on this thread!
post #48 of 194
If I click on Ghost I get Sleepy Hollow. Did Ghost actually come out already?

I ordered Species. About time the price went down.
post #49 of 194


This deal applies to blu-ray titles too..

See more details here..
post #50 of 194
Thread Starter 
first post updated. thanks ruvic!
post #51 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvic View Post



This deal applies to blu-ray titles too..

See more details here..

I don't see any Blu-ray titles that are eligible for the 4 for 3 discount. Perhaps you can help me out since it's Monday and my brain's still asleep.
post #52 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkny75 View Post

I don't see any Blu-ray titles that are eligible for the 4 for 3 discount. Perhaps you can help me out since it's Monday and my brain's still asleep.

They all are. Just add them to your cart and when you go to checkout you will see a discount for the lowest price one.
post #53 of 194
Thread Starter 
Just emailed Amazon to ask them to credit my account. I ordered the following titles from them last week and I am expecting them to credit me $14.99 (lowest title price). We'll see how this works out...

Kung Fu Hustle [Blu-ray]
Memento (Blu-Ray)
Identity [Blu-ray]
Curse of the Golden Flower [Blu-ray]
post #54 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Worms View Post

They all are. Just add them to your cart and when you go to checkout you will see a discount for the lowest price one.

Ok, that sounds easy enough. I just tried that though and it didn't work. My 10% discount showed up but no discount for the 4th title. I read through the fine print of the promotion and found this:

Quote:


Add at least 4 eligible items to your Shopping Cart. Eligible items will have a message such as "This item is eligible for our Buy 4 Books for the Price of 3 Sale" on the product detail page.

I don't see this on the product detail page of any Blu-ray discs. If you've gotten the discount to work I would appreciate some help. I'm about to go on a major shopping spree if this works. BTW, do you know if it works on pre-orders also?
post #55 of 194
We need to remove Ghost from the list .. thanx narcopolo for seeing this error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcopolo View Post

If I click on Ghost I get Sleepy Hollow. Did Ghost actually come out already?

I ordered Species. About time the price went down.
post #56 of 194
Thread Starter 
Played around with this. It appears that the promotional discount appears only on items that are "In stock". Did not work for those that said "Usually ships 1-2 weeks."

Will remove Ghost from list now.
post #57 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teepanen View Post

Just emailed Amazon to ask them to credit my account. I ordered the following titles from them last week and I am expecting them to credit me $14.99 (lowest title price). We'll see how this works out...

Kung Fu Hustle [Blu-ray]
Memento (Blu-Ray)
Identity [Blu-ray]
Curse of the Golden Flower [Blu-ray]

let me know how that works as i just bought 5 BD's off them friday.

thanks
anthony
post #58 of 194
This is not working for me. I am trying to get them to give it to me on the phone right now.
post #59 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teepanen View Post

I guess you are keeping your secret...

You can see the sale prices by going to http://www.blu-raystats.com/amazonstats.php?Saving=40

That will show you savings better than 40%. Once there you can change the saving level (it is the last drop down by the filter button).

If you go to http://www.blu-raystats.com/amazon.php it will show you the titles with savings over 45% at the top, as well as most of the pre-order titles.
post #60 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phloyd View Post

You can see the sale prices by going to http://www.blu-raystats.com/amazonstats.php?Saving=40

That will show you savings better than 40%. Once there you can change the saving level (it is the last drop down by the filter button).

If you go to http://www.blu-raystats.com/amazon.php it will show you the titles with savings over 45% at the top, as well as most of the pre-order titles.

Good stuff! Added to first post. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › New Amazon BD Deals