Originally Posted by sharpjunkie
Can you owners please post some pro's and con's. Everything that you hate and everything that you like about the tv.
I love the TV.
I do have a few issues, though.
1. I would prefer the menu options wrap around. When you are at the bottom of a list, pressing the down button would take you back to the top of the list.
2. I don't really care for the slide-away panel for optional buttons at the bottom of the remote. Seems like after too much use, it would get loose. I prefer the Sharp remote where it is more like a clamshell.
3. As mentioned earlier, I don't care much for the narrow receiving angle of the IR receiver.
4. I had some initial issues with clouding and spotlight.
5. I would have preferred they use the VESA 200mm x 200mm hole pattern vs. the 200mm x 300mm pattern. I had more trouble finding 3rd party 200x300mm patterns for wall mounting, so I went with a tv stand.
6. I don't like how the SONY lights up at the bottom when you turn off the TV even though I have it set to stay off.
I like more about the TV than I don't like, but I've quantified it a little bit here:
1. You can essentially watch this tv from 170 degrees off axis and it still looks great (not that you'd want to watch from that angle).
2. The number of settings you can adjust are very nice.
3. Picture quality is very nice, presuming you have good source material.
4. I'm content with the way it displays SD programming on Digital Cable and DirecTV.
5. The on-board speakers do a fine job.