or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Dell M2010 Remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dell M2010 Remote - Page 12

post #331 of 510
Anyone???

Has anyone tried using this remote running vista x64?
post #332 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPuter View Post

Hey everyone!

I just ordered a yy993 straight from dell! $20 shipped...
It did not appear dell was selling these anymore because it was not listed on their website - I started a chat will a dell assistant and asked if they had stock of the item...
To my surprise they said they did and I went ahead and ordered one.... Lets see if I get the yy993 or the full CX071 kit

If anyone is looking for a yy993 - just start a chat with dell....

EDIT: Has anyone tried using the drivers for this on 64bit Vista??

GREAT! I just got off the phone with Dell spare parts. They had 351-1 now = 350 in stock when I called. $22.xx shipped for me. I can't wait to get my hands on this chip so I can finally use the remote.

Thanks
post #333 of 510
I tried this morning 9AM EST to order from Dell. The sales person said they were out but to try back Friday. This is most confusing. What telephone number did you use?

Thanks
post #334 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by remops View Post

I tried this morning 9AM EST to order from Dell. The sales person said they were out but to try back Friday. This is most confusing. What telephone number did you use?

Thanks

I used the chat service...
post #335 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPuter View Post

I used the chat service...

At 10am this morning I was able to purchase the YY993 thru the chat. They really put me thru the ringer. They wanted a service tag number and or model of my Dell. I said that I was at home and not in front of the computer and did not have the # which was the truth. They took the model number Dim 4700 which is also the truth but not the one it will go on. The YY993's were on hold and I needed to ask for a release? They then said that they would call me back If an approval for release was made. The rep called back about 2 hours later with an approval. He took a credit card and a statement from and now the module is on it's way. BTW I picked up a remote on eBay for 25.00. I will have a total of 47.00+ in the remote and dangle.

Hope this all this is worth it.
post #336 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by remops View Post

At 10am this morning I was able to purchase the YY993 thru the chat. They really put me thru the ringer. They wanted a service tag number and or model of my Dell. I said that I was at home and not in front of the computer and did not have the # which was the truth. They took the model number Dim 4700 which is also the truth but not the one it will go on. The YY993's were on hold and I needed to ask for a release? They then said that they would call me back If an approval for release was made. The rep called back about 2 hours later with an approval. He took a credit card and a statement from and now the module is on it's way. BTW I picked up a remote on eBay for 25.00. I will have a total of 47.00+ in the remote and dangle.

Hope this all this is worth it.

Wow.. they really did put you through alot... They did not even question me once about how I was going to use the product :P I also did not have to do the "release" thing...

--
I am still hoping someone will answer my question about whether the drivers/software for the remote/reciever work on Vista 64 bit......
post #337 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by remops View Post

...

Hope this all this is worth it.

Trust me, it will be worth it.
If that thing had a qwerty keyboard to boot, it would be the gadget of the century.
post #338 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merfsiu View Post

I just got a XPS 420 that came with this remote:


Can someone point me to some info on it? and would the reciever work with the premium remote?

Without the Green Button: (See below for : With Green Button & PDF / Tech Specs):

Link: http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8













and of course.. www.Engadget.com

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/26/a...te-for-eee-bo/






www.neowin.net (via: Christopher Vendiemio - comment on http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/26/a...bo/1#c16306094)







Philips Website:

PDF:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/s...10_pss_eng.pdf





Overview Tech specs 4-in-1 remote to control your PC, TV, STB and AMP
4-in-1 multimedia remote is one remote that can replace the different remotes supplied with your TV, STB. AMP and your Media Centre PC. The remote control has IR codes for most brands of these devices incorporated. The manual of the remote lists all the codes. When installing the remote, simply look up the code for your device & brand and enter it into the remote.

Extensive infrared code database for most devices and brands
A universal IR code database refers to a library of infrared codes built in to a particular remote. This feature allows a remote to control your equipment without needing to learn individual signals. Select the correct infrared code sets in the database for the devices you want to control to enable control of virtually every audio/video system element on the market today - regardless of model or brand.

Navigate your music files using your TV/monitor
Easy media navigation refers to a remote that enables you to navigate through the content of your media files on your Media Centre PC, as well as control of other audio/video devices. The infrared (IR) dongle supplied with the remote is connected to your Media Centre PC. Via this dongle, the remote can control your Media Centre PC, browse through files, select a file and play it on your equipment of choice.



This should help.

~b3nz0n8
post #339 of 510
If anyone is interested let me know I will sell for what I have in it. $ 59.00

I paid
remote 25.00 +6 ship
dell YY993 22.00 include ship

add 6.00 to ship

Thanks
post #340 of 510
i sent you a pm remops
post #341 of 510
Hello all ,not sure if anybody visits anymore , but i recently put together the hack and everthing worked great on my main computer. I then moved the dongle to its real home on the HTPC and I got he lcd problem people where talking about a while back , where it will work for a few seconds then freeze and tell you that the service is unavailable and to enable it in tray.

both comps use Vista 64 , has there been any progress in finding the real culprit for this lcd bug, I did fresh install on HTPC and problem remains

but anyway it did work perfectly fine on my main computer running vista 64 , to answer a previous question. only thing i can think of is the usb controller on the Nforce 630i is messed up somehow , anybody else on here running a 630i they could test

anyway thank you

-Jake
post #342 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post

Hello all ,not sure if anybody visits anymore , but i recently put together the hack and everthing worked great on my main computer. I then moved the dongle to its real home on the HTPC and I got he lcd problem people where talking about a while back , where it will work for a few seconds then freeze and tell you that the service is unavailable and to enable it in tray.

both comps use Vista 64 , has there been any progress in finding the real culprit for this lcd bug, I did fresh install on HTPC and problem remains

but anyway it did work perfectly fine on my main computer running vista 64 , to answer a previous question. only thing i can think of is the usb controller on the Nforce 630i is messed up somehow , anybody else on here running a 630i they could test

anyway thank you

-Jake

Thanks for confirming that it works with x64....
I am going to put it together today and try it out.
Will report back...
post #343 of 510
I just got my remote today. Still waiting on my yy993 from Dell. I was able to program the remote to control my Samsung DLP in 5 minutes. I'll update when I get the yy993.

The # I used to call Dell was 1-800-357-3355. The guy told me they didn't have anymore RH515s, but they had the replacement yy993. After I double checked this post, I called back and placed the order. It was $22 and change for the receiver. I got the remote from discountelectronics.com for $29 + $7 S&H. It got here in 2 days. It's a refurb remote, so it's got some scuffs, but it's working. I was suprised at how big the remote is, but it'll do.
post #344 of 510
Back to the Dell M2010 remote...

I'm trying to source the RH515 module in the UK. Any suggestions?
post #345 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPuter View Post

Thanks for confirming that it works with x64....
I am going to put it together today and try it out.
Will report back...

Got everything wired up and it works perfectly!
I can confirm that it works with Vista x64
This thread was a great help! I love my new remote
post #346 of 510
I got mine up and running in Vista 64 and on XP last week. Just a quick note though...

...The receiver kept working, then not working, then working...etc etc etc. I felt like if I just looked at it wrong, it'd stop working. I redid my sodder jobber 3 or 4 times and it kept doing the same thing. I figured I had a bum item.

Turns out, the USB cable I'm using(from an old mouse that didn't work) has a broken wire somewhere down inside about 2 feet from the receiver. I wiggle it at a specific spot and it disconnects...wiggle it some more at that exact same spot...reconnects. I cut out the bad section and everything is perfecto!

Just a heads up to all you other fiddlers out there. I'd hate for someone to give up on this awesome project because of something silly like a faulty USB cable.

Kind of upset that I trashed that mouse now. It was a $60 mouse!
post #347 of 510
Hey guys, nice thread... I am currently running a home automation system by the name of LinuxMCE and I really like what this remote has to offer. (Mainly the price, most other remotes identically to this are $150 and up) So I tried to order the RF module from Dell yesterday but the lady told me that it was a limited item and I would have to wait to see if my purchase was approved, and that it could take up to 24hrs. So I will cross my fingers, and hope I get the module. Then it is on to the task of hacking it to make it work in my system, which shouldn't be too tough considering some have had success with the version that has Gyrations label on it. Wish me luck!
post #348 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen00se View Post

Hey guys, nice thread... I am currently running a home automation system by the name of LinuxMCE and I really like what this remote has to offer. (Mainly the price, most other remotes identically to this are $150 and up) So I tried to order the RF module from Dell yesterday but the lady told me that it was a limited item and I would have to wait to see if my purchase was approved, and that it could take up to 24hrs. So I will cross my fingers, and hope I get the module. Then it is on to the task of hacking it to make it work in my system, which shouldn't be too tough considering some have had success with the version that has Gyrations label on it. Wish me luck!

Howdy,
What kernel version are you running? A patch that I helped with which adds at least some level of support for the buttons on the LCD-based gyration remote was incorporated into 2.6.28. Even if you aren't running that version, you can get most of the keys to work correctly. See the Mythtv wiki for more info. I've been busy with projects around the house, so getting the LCD itself working has been on hold for a long while now.

Good luck,

Marc

post #349 of 510
LMCE is running on top of Kubuntu 7.10 and which is currently using 2.6.22-14, the Gyration GYR3101 will work out of the box, although many of the buttons aren't mapped, and I think it detects it as a mouse/keyboard instead of a HID... don't remember exactly. I hope you get around to working on that LCD as that would be pretty cool, even if it just showed an image or some predefined text that would be neat. I will try to see if I can get one of the LMCE Dev's interested and maybe you guys can team up.
-Krys
post #350 of 510
Wow, after getting the run around via chat, I called in and they processed my order within 5 min. they did say that there were still 311 of them left, now I just need to find a deal on the remote and I am set.
post #351 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen00se View Post

Wow, after getting the run around via chat, I called in and they processed my order within 5 min. they did say that there were still 311 of them left, now I just need to find a deal on the remote and I am set.

How's $30
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-WJ151-XPS-M...3%3A1|294%3A50
post #352 of 510
that works, thanks nputer! Got it ordered and should have both items by the beginning of next week.
post #353 of 510
Ok, Thomson Dell Premium Remote is working great in 32 bit Windows 7 beta (Ultimate) using the version 4 VISTA driver from March on a Precision 670 (dual 3.4 ghz with 4 gigs ram, 15k SCSI drive)

Just thought folks should know.

It is the cx071 kit that includes the remote and USB dongle with extra infrared receivers..

Cheers!

Coruscate
post #354 of 510
I recieved my yy993 and my remote today. It didnt have the standard USB adapter on it so I had to do the cut and splice method. Once I got it wired I plugged it in and it worked like a charm. I also attached it to my linux box where it was recognized just fine. I will have to remap some of the buttons to work with my LinuxMCE but other than that no big deal. What a great find and cheap to boot, all said I have $40 invested including shipping.
-Krys
post #355 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen00se View Post

I recieved my yy993 and my remote today. It didnt have the standard USB adapter on it so I had to do the cut and splice method. Once I got it wired I plugged it in and it worked like a charm. I also attached it to my linux box where it was recognized just fine. I will have to remap some of the buttons to work with my LinuxMCE but other than that no big deal. What a great find and cheap to boot, all said I have $40 invested including shipping.
-Krys

Just curious how you got it for $40 shipped? Currently ebay has the remote by itself for $35 shipped. Then you need to spend $20+ on the yy993 thru dell. TIA.
post #356 of 510
you just need to wait around... ebay will have them cheaper, I got mine for $20 shipped off of ebay.
post #357 of 510
Anyone know how I can get xev in linux to recognize the channel up/dwn keycodes? They show up in evrouter, but not xev.
post #358 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen00se View Post

Anyone know how I can get xev in linux to recognize the channel up/dwn keycodes? They show up in evrouter, but not xev.

The LinuxMCE wiki doesn't show any xev codes either, at least for older versions of the Linux kernel. You might try asking on the LinuxMCE or Ubuntu forums (or anywhere else there might be xev experience).

I don't recall having trouble with chan-up or -down with older kernels that didn't support officially support the remote. But I was using lirc, not xev.

Whatever answer you come to, please let me know (via PM, presumably). Thanks!

Marc

post #359 of 510
Those with YY993 board, where are you getting the driver for this board? An url would be appreciated!

Thanks
post #360 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcarver75 View Post

Those with YY993 board, where are you getting the driver for this board? An url would be appreciated!

Thompson/Gyration drivers for Windows via Dell:
http://support.us.dell.com/support/d...&fileid=224285 (version 1.0.048/1.48, A04)
Also available ftp: http://ftp.us.dell.com/video/R166095.EXE

Documentation, if you care:

Marc

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Dell M2010 Remote