or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Dell M2010 Remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dell M2010 Remote - Page 15

post #421 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlo View Post

which one is euro version with RGBY buttons?
WJ151
TJ426
RJ816

I have a WJ151, and it does NOT have the RGBY buttons at the bottom.

-Valkyrie-MT
post #422 of 510
I jsut bought the whole kit as the titles states. Now i just need to know how i can use the IR receiver and the lil cord that came with it.. Not sure what they're are used for or how i can incorporate them in my setup.. Please Help! Thanks
post #423 of 510
Just bought the remote (WJ151). Thought it came with the USB receiver but not so. Doh!

What are the current thoughts on getting, or retro-fitting, a cheap receiver?? I can't seem to find the boards and only see the remote/receiver combo kits on eBay. Anyone have a spare or a plan to build one on the cheap??
post #424 of 510
Does anyone know of a wireless (full) keyboard that will work with these receivers (for these same remotes)?
post #425 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass1512 View Post

I jsut bought the whole kit as the titles states. Now i just need to know how i can use the IR receiver and the lil cord that came with it.. Not sure what they're are used for or how i can incorporate them in my setup.. Please Help! Thanks

I believe the IR receiver is the standard receiver that will work with other IR6 remotes for use with media center.
post #426 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlo View Post

Hello,
there are three models mention on dell site [i can post urls] . Can you please tel me which one is euro version with RGBY buttons?
WJ151
TJ426
RJ816

The TJ426 is the euro version with the RGBY buttons.
post #427 of 510
status update:

Looks like my "info" key just stopped working for no reason at all.

To confirm, i swapped to another dell remote , and its true. The info button just stopped working. Cant be learned with intelliremote or anything.

The Fix:

program the backlight button. It works as my info button in XBMC now .

Odd . I thought about taking it apart but a replacement is 14.99 shipped on ebay.

I guess it lasted 2 years. and since its just the info button i suppose all is not lost.




Any updates on RH515 sources?

Are they still available from dell anywhere.
post #428 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post

status update:

Looks like my "info" key just stopped working for no reason at all.

To confirm, i swapped to another dell remote , and its true. The info button just stopped working. Cant be learned with intelliremote or anything.

The Fix:

program the backlight button. It works as my info button in XBMC now .

Odd . I thought about taking it apart but a replacement is 14.99 shipped on ebay.

I guess it lasted 2 years. and since its just the info button i suppose all is not lost.




Any updates on RH515 sources?

Are they still available from dell anywhere.

Mine is essentially dead now.
A number of buttons have stopped working (right button, down navigation button, the gyration refuses to work at times, the OK button is getting harder to use now).

It lasted me 2+ years, which I think is fine.
Now, I regret now buying another one during the slickdeals sale (@$36 for the retail kit).
post #429 of 510
Can anyone help me????

I've managed to order the Dell remote in question (TJ426 - with the coloured buttons), but I can't find the receiver anywhere in the UK?

The only one I can find is the CX071 kit, but with postage from the US it turns out to be too expensive.

Is there anyone in the UK who has the RH515 receiver? Or if you are in the US and have the receiver I would be happy to pay your price and postage to the UK?

Thanks in Advance.
post #430 of 510
Shipping a box from the US to the UK is not cheap. I think it's about 11 to 15 and that is going the slowest cheapest way.

The source of cheap recievers has kind of dried up. There is a guy On the US ebay site that sell the kit cheap 50 but he doesn't ship internationally.

The GYR4101US is on amazon for 60.

March 24,2010.

Hopes this helps
post #431 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeijin View Post

Can anyone help me????

I've managed to order the Dell remote in question (TJ426 - with the coloured buttons), but I can't find the receiver anywhere in the UK?

The only one I can find is the CX071 kit, but with postage from the US it turns out to be too expensive.

Is there anyone in the UK who has the RH515 receiver? Or if you are in the US and have the receiver I would be happy to pay your price and postage to the UK?

Thanks in Advance.

I've got one for sale, it's fresh out of a 2010 thats gfx card died.

msg me if you want this.
post #432 of 510
An update to my failing buttons.

Opened the remote ...one screw on battery cage ....use a pry tool to seperate the plastic catches. swapped keypads , the pcb board is fine. Turns out the buttons wear down....Wonder how to repair the keypad or add some padding back.

Oh well, just ordered a spare r/c on ebay for parts mostly, at 14.99 shipped.

Still one of the best remotes available.

Now my back and info keys work again.
post #433 of 510
I have used silver print which is silver contact paste that seem to work for an old remote control.
I have I do one of these spare remote in peices when I experiment on replaces the transimter to a different chip.
So I have the rubber pad it's a bit dusty but if your interested just cover the postage.
post #434 of 510
Whew, I just followed the whole saga from 2007 till now! I'm still unclear on one thing though... from what I've read, the Dell CX071+usb receiver kits on ebay work out-of-the-box with Windows 7, at least as a remote. What about the LCD display? Does it work reliably with Win 7? Only neoalex mentioned the LCD working for him.

Can the LCD browse Media Center's music library? All the docs only refer to WMP and itunes. It seems a bit silly if a media center remote can't browse media center's music library...

thanks!
post #435 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired.au View Post

Whew, I just followed the whole saga from 2007 till now! I'm still unclear on one thing though... from what I've read, the Dell CX071+usb receiver kits on ebay work out-of-the-box with Windows 7, at least as a remote. What about the LCD display? Does it work reliably with Win 7? Only neoalex mentioned the LCD working for him.

Can the LCD browse Media Center's music library? All the docs only refer to WMP and itunes. It seems a bit silly if a media center remote can't browse media center's music library...

thanks!


The remote works right out of the box for a pointing device and MCE remote.
You need to install a driver for the LCD it to work in windows 7.
Found in this post
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=393

All the music files added to windows media center including playlist will show up on the remote. It is a great remote for browsing music when the TV is shut off. Media center does not have to be running to play music. I could just shut off the tv right now and play a song from the remote. Or select music while browsing the forums without starting any music apps.

Just a word of advice if you do buy one. Get a usb ext wire and put the dongle in the open instead of behind the computer. Something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimit.../ref=pd_cp_e_0
Wow! They are on sale for $4.88. Sorry I bought the last 2.
post #436 of 510
Ahh excellent, thanks! I just ordered two. I already downloaded the driver before in case it goes missing, like the rapidshare link. It was meant to be for a friend, but I ended up buying one for myself too.
post #437 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired.au View Post

Ahh excellent, thanks! I just ordered two. I already downloaded the driver before in case it goes missing, like the rapidshare link. It was meant to be for a friend, but I ended up buying one for myself too.

Make sure it comes with the dongle. The CX071 kit should come with remote, USB dongle, USB IR receiver (not needed), Ir wire (not needed).

The only thing needed is the Remote and dongle.

Whats usually in the kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-XPS-M2010-C...#ht_891wt_1165

The 2 items needed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-Dell-Cx0...ht_2726wt_1165
post #438 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoalex View Post

I did get the remote to work on Windows 7 X64. Here's how, I actually have two remotes, the Dell remote like most of you with the Dell internal USB receiver. I eventually purchased the remote from gyration too (when they released one with an LCD just like the Dell remote (though the color scheme they chose is not great):
http://www.gyration.com/index.php/us...ic-remote.html

This new remote actually worked perfectly on my AMD HTPC, including the LCD. I then moved the Dell remote (including the Dell receiver) to a newly built Core i7 PC running Windows 7 X64 Professional. I installed the software that came with the new Gyration remote which is an updated version and low and behold everything worked including the LCD (which never worked when I had it on the HTPC). The new software is also able to control iTunes and display info from it on the LCD. I'm sure some of you could use this, and since it's not yet posted on Gyration's website, I only have it on the CD the new remote came with, here it is, for all to enjoy:

Link 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/30675581...emote.rar.html
Link 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?rj2ncznmv1t

Hope this helps ,
Have fun.

Thanks.
I had an old version of the software and could not get it to work on Win7 MCE.
post #439 of 510
Hello
I bought this remote on Ebay and it works perfectly, but I can not insert letters using the numeric keypad (only: & é "'(§ è!çÃ*-)). I installed the patch" triple tap " from Gyration website but it still does not work. It is a still unresolved defect on this remote and the original RF Gyration. lf you type a google search, you realize that there is no solution and that many users are in the same case as me. If someone has a solution to share here, I would be more than happy
post #440 of 510
Hello,
I have just bought on ebay with its dongle. The idea is to use it with Windows 7 and to have alos the LCD working as reported above.. I cross my fingersssss

PS: what the IR receiver is usefil for??
post #441 of 510
I have 3 remotes I have no use for. If anyone has a need, feel free to PM.
post #442 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired.au View Post

Whew, I just followed the whole saga from 2007 till now! I'm still unclear on one thing though... from what I've read, the Dell CX071+usb receiver kits on ebay work out-of-the-box with Windows 7, at least as a remote. What about the LCD display? Does it work reliably with Win 7? Only neoalex mentioned the LCD working for him.

Can the LCD browse Media Center's music library? All the docs only refer to WMP and itunes. It seems a bit silly if a media center remote can't browse media center's music library...

thanks!

Ha yeah this thread is still going eh?

On the good side the parts availability has gone way up...

On the bad side I still don't like the fact that this remote only controls your TV and your computer and nothing else. On the plus side the Gyration remote has come down in price--as someone mentioned $60 on Amazon--so why are people still buying the silly Dell "kits" with a crippled remote on eBay, for about the same price? Odd.

The other problem has nothing to do with the remote but is rather Microsoft's folly--the fact that MS apparently still has retarded album art handling in 7MC (inherited from VMC) which makes using MC a stupid choice for music.

As for your question, though you already got the answer, I'd note that the WMP library is the same as the MC library, it's just displayed differently in MC.

Now what I'd like to know is if there's any way to use the display with other programs? For example has anyone made a plug-in for WinAmp or Media Monkey or anything else? Or is the LCD limted to MC/WMP and iTunes? MC has the album art problem and iTunes, well, I refuse to use anything from Crapple, so that eliminates that too.
post #443 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge View Post

Ha yeah this thread is still going eh?

On the good side the parts availability has gone way up...

On the bad side I still don't like the fact that this remote only controls your TV and your computer and nothing else. On the plus side the Gyration remote has come down in price--as someone mentioned $60 on Amazon--so why are people still buying the silly Dell "kits" with a crippled remote on eBay, for about the same price? Odd.

I bought a dell because it costed few bucks less and because it is the same than the gyration now with W7
post #444 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuleggi View Post

I bought a dell because it costed few bucks less and because it is the same than the gyration now with W7

No it's not. Windows 7 won't allow the Dell remote to control other devices, will it?
post #445 of 510
I see you can get the gyration air remote from buy.com for $29 after $30 rebate if anyone is interested.
post #446 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge View Post

No it's not. Windows 7 won't allow the Dell remote to control other devices, will it?

sorry I have not understood, what you mean? with W7 I can control WMP with the Dell remote an ony PC, isnt it?

Is there any difference with the Gyration??
post #447 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuleggi View Post

sorry I have not understood, what you mean? with W7 I can control WMP with the Dell remote an ony PC, isnt it?

Is there any difference with the Gyration??

The Dell version controls only two devices as a remote--your PC, and your TV.

The Gyration version OTOH can control more devices, I think 1-3 more--like your cable box, receiver, etc.

That's what I complained about early in the thread years ago--the fact that the Dell remote could not control any other devices. I mean even if it could control your receiver that would be great but it can't even do that. The Gyration version can but back then it was over $100 IIRC. Now that it's available for cheap, the Gyration is the much better choice.

Still I have another problem with it now and that is the LCD not being usable with anything other than MCE and iTunes. That is, unless anyone knows of it working with other programs?
post #448 of 510
Doh! so I have made a mistake?

I have bought also the IR receiver and the extender, I though with that I could control my receiver!! I am a newbie on this, so I made it all wrong...

You can see here what I have bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Dell-XPS-M20...ht_2651wt_1138
post #449 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuleggi View Post

sorry I have not understood, what you mean? with W7 I can control WMP with the Dell remote an ony PC, isnt it?

Is there any difference with the Gyration??

You could program the remote to control other devices.
There is a Pc button and a Tv button. When the pc button is pushed it is now like a MC remote and works from the usb dongle to communicate with the computer and not the ir transmitter from the remote. All remote funtions works in windows like volume, play, and stop. When the Tv button is pushed the remote is in IR mode and will control ir devices.

I hope the link works to download the manual.
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...t/en/index.htm


From the manual:

Once you have programmed your Dell Premium Remote Control using either the Using Direct Entry or Using Automatic Code Search method, you can customize the remote control to "learn" certain functions from your original remote control(s) that may not have been embedded in the preset code. Before starting the learning process, please consider the following tips:

Perform the learning process in low-light areas because too much ambient light might cause interference with the infrared (IR) signals of the remote control(s).
Use fresh batteries in both the Dell Premium Remote Control and the source remote control.
To learn commands from a source remote control, perform the following steps:

Press and hold the TV button on the remote control, then press and hold the RECORD button on the remote control. Continue pressing both buttons until the TV button light turns off, flashes, and turns off.
Release both buttons.
On the remote control, press and release the button where you want to store the new function. The component button turns off and then back on.
NOTE: If you press an invalid button on the remote control, the device mode button flashes 4 times to alert you. Repeat step 1.
Aim the source remote control at the bottom of the Dell Premium Remote Control from no more than two inches away.
Press and hold the button of the source remote control that has the functionality you are recording. Continue pressing the button until the Dell Premium Remote Control TV button light turns off and back on.
NOTE: If all device mode buttons flash 4 times, the function was not learned. Try again by starting with Step 1.
The Dell Premium Remote Control remains in Learning mode so you can continue adding functions to different buttons by repeating steps 3, 4, 5.
Press CLEAR to exit the Learning mode.
To delete a learned button function, perform the following steps:

Press and hold the TV button on the remote control.
Press and hold the CLEAR button until the TV button flashes, usually about three seconds.
Release both buttons. The TV button turns on indicating that the remote control is now in the Clear Learned Function mode.
Press and release the button where learning is to be cleared. The TV button blinks off then back on indicating that the function was cleared successfully.
Repeat Steps 1 through 4 for any additional learned functions you would like to clear.
NOTE: If an invalid button is pressed, the TV mode button flashes 4 times, the selected component button stays on, and the remote control remains in Clear Learned Function mode. Repeat Step 4 to continue the clearing process.
Press the CLEAR button to return the remote control to normal operation.
To delete all learned functions at once, perform the following steps:

Press the TV button on the remote control to make sure the remote control is in the correct mode.
Press and hold the CLEAR button on the Dell Premium Remote Control.
Press and hold the ON/OFF button. The TV button light turns off for three seconds, flashes, turns on, and then off.
Release both buttons. The TV button turns on.
Press the TV button to delete all learned functions. The Dell Premium Remote Control automatically exits this clearing mode.
NOTE: Pressing the CLEAR button while in this mode will not delete the learning functions, but it will exit this delete mode.


example when tv button is pushed:

Volume up and down buttons is programmed for my receiver
channel up and down buttons is programmed for my cable box
Tv input button switches inputs on my receiver
Power button is programmed to power on and off Receiver
* button turns on and off my computer
# button turns on my TV

I just programmed what I need with the computer .
post #450 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuleggi View Post

Doh! so I have made a mistake?

I have bought also the IR receiver and the extender, I though with that I could control my receiver!! I am a newbie on this, so I made it all wrong...

You can see here what I have bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Dell-XPS-M20...ht_2651wt_1138

The only thing that you want is the remote and the usb dongle. I have no clue what the Dell Ir receiver that comes in the kit is for..



The best part of the remote is the music feature and the mouse function. If you want to control lots of devices a remote like the Harmony one is the remote to get. But for a MC remote the dell works fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Dell M2010 Remote