or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat › My scope set up is coming along
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My scope set up is coming along - Page 6

post #151 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

So then I will have three video processors,the one in the Anthem,the projector and a Radiance just so something will switch HDMI sources correctly ?

Art

Don't forget the bells and whistles the Radiance will offer; CMS, parametric Gamma, colour space correction and so on.

Mark
post #152 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Erskine View Post

The best HDMI switcher I've found is from www.vizionware.com
So far the only one I've found that handles EDID correctly.

I can't find any switchers on that site. Are they keeping them a secret?
post #153 of 235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_H View Post

Don't forget the bells and whistles the Radiance will offer; CMS, parametric Gamma, colour space correction and so on.

Mark

Mark, these are all in the HT 5000 already.

Art
post #154 of 235
Okey dokey

Mark
post #155 of 235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_H View Post

Okey dokey

Mark

The only reason I'm making all this stink is literally I'd end up with three video processors. I may still have to do it but it just seems as though I have a lot of redundency that I'm paying for. I'd rather have the Anthem do it giving me OSD of setting including volume.

Art
post #156 of 235
QQQ
They had one working at the display at CEDIA. I believe they will start shipping in October. You can email them and get the detail. It was a very effective unit, very solidly built and no where near the price I thought it would be at...and an elegant solution for EDID problems that can occur when the source is on but not "talking" to the display. Early next year...a matrix switch.
post #157 of 235
Art,

Try posting to Bob Pariseau on the Anthem thread...he is pretty knowledgeable about all things Anthem.
post #158 of 235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Art,

Try posting to Bob Pariseau on the Anthem thread...he is pretty knowledgeable about all things Anthem.

That thread is so long I didn't even want to open it. I'll give it a try.

Art
post #159 of 235
Thread Starter 
Incredible meet at my place and IU got to show off my scope set up to just short of seventy AVScience forum guests.

Here is a pic of some of the folks (not including Angela and me) who made it possible an made the day.

Left to right Mark Seaton the engineer who built my speakers and set up my audio,my daughter Stephanie,Ken Whitcomb the man behind the video,Jamie the Bartender,Chris Collins who set up a lot of the systems to integrate and supplied the moral support to get thing done,my daughter Salina, Nicole Adler one of my staff and a great help at the meet.



Art
post #160 of 235
Nice picture, it really gives perspective of how big your screen is. You must be older than you look in your avatar because your "kids" look like adults.
post #161 of 235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bogg View Post

Nice picture, it really gives perspective of how big your screen is. You must be older than you look in your avatar because your "kids" look like adults.

Thanks it was a day of days ! I'm fifty two.

Art
post #162 of 235
Thread Starter 
Serenity 14' wide , 21 fL:






post #163 of 235
Holy Sh!t!!!
post #164 of 235
Photographs do it NO justice. If ever there was a time "you had to be there" this is one of them. To say "the impact of that screen and that complete setup in person is magnificient" would be a collosal understatement. Bravo.
post #165 of 235
So wish I could have experienced that JUST WOW. Well maybe next year. Looks great enjoy your new setup buddy.

Nate
post #166 of 235
Art,

Without any exageration those pictures of "Serenity" are best I have seen in this thread!

Congratulations,

C Guillermo
post #167 of 235
Thread Starter 
One of my favorites:




Art
post #168 of 235
One of my favorites.



SMOKIN'!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliffy
post #169 of 235
Awesome screen shots!

So now that you have had a chance to play around with the new setup a bit do you have any regrets giving up the crt stack?

Laters,
Jeff
post #170 of 235



Must have been pretty exciting. That guy is playing with his nipple!
Actually, the guy behind him must also be excited as he too is fondling the neeple.
post #171 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

Incredible meet at my place and IU got to show off my scope set up to just short of seventy AVScience forum guests.

Here is a pic of some of the folks (not including Angela and me) who made it possible an made the day.

Left to right Mark Seaton the engineer who built my speakers and set up my audio,my daughter Stephanie,Ken Whitcomb the man behind the video,Jamie the Bartender,Chris Collins who set up a lot of the systems to integrate and supplied the moral support to get thing done,my daughter Salina, Nicole Adler one of my staff and a great help at the meet.



Art

Let me go on record by saying Art's daughter's are HOTTTT!!!!

Sorry
post #172 of 235
[quote=BarbaraStreisand;11800764

Must have been pretty exciting. That guy is playing with his nipple!
Actually, the guy behind him must also be excited as he too is fondling the neeple.[/QUOTE]

They're actually checking their pacemakers are still functioning after the last bass transient.

Seriously though, fantastic setup. Obviously a large room given the number of people in there. Wish I had that space but will do what I can with the 17x24.5x7.5ft I do have.

Art, do you or any of the other guys here use a small lcd monitor to do menu adjustments etc...? (instead of firing up the projector to adjust the speaker level for example) I've been looking for one but haven't actually been able to find a small one with svideo input (6 to 10 inches in screen size). Found a couple of computer lcds 15-19 inches which may have to do but just wondering if anyone has found the smaller ones?
post #173 of 235
Quote:


Must have been pretty exciting. That guy is playing with his nipple!
Actually, the guy behind him must also be excited as he too is fondling the neeple.

Those are drinks. Plenty avail for all. Only the water bottle guys have crossed arms Rest of us clutching. Stupid us didn't know there were pull out drink holders till later
post #174 of 235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev View Post

Let me go on record by saying Art's daughter's are HOTTTT!!!!

Sorry

I have hundreds of pictures that Angela and the girls took but of Al's shots this was my favorite of the girls:





Art
post #175 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

I have hundreds of pictures that Angela and the girls took but of Al's shots this was my favorite of the girls:



Art


I remember you posted a bunch in an older thread in the Construction Forum (I think).
post #176 of 235
WOW ...I can totally appreciate the time and effort that went into this project!!

What sitting distance do you find best for this size of screen. I am sure they are all great but there must be a preference.

Eight 15 inch enclosed subs must really add to the experience. Have you measured how low your room can go?


Congrats
Joey
post #177 of 235
Congratulations, Art! I am proud for you. I wish I had the opportunity to see your room someday. It sounds like it is phenomenal, but I would expect nothing less!
post #178 of 235
Must have deleted the post??
post #179 of 235
Setup looks awesome, Art.

One thing I did notice, and maybe its just because Ive got a girl that is starting to be not so little anymore, is that Seaton maybe had a little too much to drink.

That left had of his looks a little too "low" for me. 8)
post #180 of 235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeycalda View Post

WOW ...I can totally appreciate the time and effort that went into this project!!

What sitting distance do you find best for this size of screen. I am sure they are all great but there must be a preference.

Eight 15 inch enclosed subs must really add to the experience. Have you measured how low your room can go?


Congrats
Joey

Joey so far I still like the front row which is just under two heights. Measured pretty flat to 8Hz.

Art
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat › My scope set up is coming along