or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms › CuznEddy Cinema Project Begins
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CuznEddy Cinema Project Begins - Page 9

post #241 of 1621
Cuz,

Everything is looking great! I think a wainscoting would look killer in your pool area! I think it always dresses and area up, so it would be hard to go wrong with your decision. If/when I ever get around to finding a money tree so I can build my bar, I'm thinking of using a look a lot like the one in the sample picture you posted.
Like I said, looks good and keep up the good work!
post #242 of 1621
Just looked through your thread. It's looking great.

Yes, we both have a love for Klipsch. Fantastic speakers indeed. I noticed your RC-7. I had one before I bought the RC-64 to match my RF-83's. The RC-7 is rear ported. I was wondering how much the sound was going to be effected with it being enclosed but later saw pics that you left the rear open. Nice job. What front speakers and sub do you have?

I really love the ceiling-link grid you installed. Very nice touch.

I like how you created columns to house your side surrounds. Great alternative than to have them mounted up so high.

You've put a ton of work into it and you should be very proud of your efforts.
post #243 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Johnny,

Thanks for the input on the wainscoting - You have helped me decide.
The only question now is when; I am getting weary and feel a need to get this space use-able. I may do the wainscoting later (when energy and funds are replenished).

I suspect it will only be a matter of time (and a degree) and you will be having a nice tall cool beverage at your finished bar
post #244 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post

Just looked through your thread. It's looking great.

Yes, we both have a love for Klipsch. Fantastic speakers indeed. I noticed your RC-7. I had one before I bought the RC-64 to match my RF-83's. The RC-7 is rear ported. I was wondering how much the sound was going to be effected with it being enclosed but later saw pics that you left the rear open. Nice job. What front speakers and sub do you have?

I really love the ceiling-link grid you installed. Very nice touch.

I like how you created columns to house your side surrounds. Great alternative than to have them mounted up so high.

You've put a ton of work into it and you should be very proud of your efforts.

Youthman,

Thanks! For fronts > I have the RF35s, got some new old stock last year - a buy I could not pass up.

For Subs I have a pair of SVS 20-39's.
Hopefully; I can soon join your photos in the finished forum

Have a Good Weekend!
post #245 of 1621
Good buys are great. Most of my gear has been acquired from Craigslist or Bartering.

I look forward to seeing your finished pics.
post #246 of 1621
Looking good cuz! Of course, you know I'm going to vote 'yes' for the wainscoting . I really like the look of the bar pic that you posted.
post #247 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Thanks Queen!

You know the idea to explore this came from your deliberations with Big and Shawn.
I assume yours well soon be done?

post #248 of 1621
I really like the shelf idea. It looks really cool and useful!

CJ
post #249 of 1621
Hey not that it matters, because you have decided already but I second the wainscoting it would finish that area off nicely.

Nice build, good work and looks really sweet.

I like the drink shelf in your "billiards room" is a really nice touch and well thought out. Care to "rack'em up?" Careful how you answer I'm known locally as a real.......



Regards,

RTROSE
post #250 of 1621
Thread Starter 
RT,

Thanks! Sounds like you are the one to avoid for a casual game!
post #251 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

RT,

Thanks! Sounds like you are the one to avoid for a casual game!

Well I'm joking (really). I love to play, however I'm pretty bad at it. The whole angle/bank shot thing always throws me. I do know the white ball in any pocket wins the game, or that is how I play since I "scratch" so often!

Regards,

RTROSE
post #252 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Quick update - more photos soon. Spent a full day "in the hole" yesterday working on miscellaneous items:

1) Prepped my equipment rack and media cabinet for the glass doors:
Trimmed 1/2 from all shelves to allow for recessed doors
Painted the Oak reveal black around the front edges to better match the trim

2) Finished trimming the screen wall, flat black baseboards,etc..

3) Started priming the walls with tinted primer

4) Picked out a crown mould, stained and did a sample install to make sure of this was the look I was after
post #253 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Last night installed moulding around built-in EQ cabinet and Media cabinet. Decided; I need to switch to a pneumatic trim nailer for the rest of the project.
post #254 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Started this build in early June 07. Damn I just realized that last weekend marked the "missing" of my 2 yr deadline to finish !! Time to inventory what's left to be done, and get back on track. **Budget will determine these items :

1) Finish Drink ledge in Billiard Room

2) Install Glass Doors in EQ cabinet

3) ** Make decision on level of trim in Billiards Room; Full wainscoting and crown mold treatment? or simple trim and paint? Time to make a "Gut" (and wallet) check. This will likely determine the type of base moldings that will be used throughout the basement.

4) Wrap up electrical: Reconnect outlets in Billiards Room, install GFCI breakers in breaker box, ** perhaps add a whole house surge protector to breaker box?

5) Install new battery backup Sump pump

6) Paint

7) Stain and Install Trim

8) Carpet

9) Seating and Pool Table

10) Install Railing

So that's my top-ten list. What do you think? A revised deadline of before Christmas, or just play it safe and say by Super Bowl 2010 ....?

post #255 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

A revised deadline of before Christmas, or just play it safe and say by Super Bowl 2012 ....?

Fixed it for you.
post #256 of 1621
So where are the pics?
post #257 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Youthman,

Promise; I will provide a 2 yr anniversary update, just as soon as I get around to it
post #258 of 1621
Yeah, page 9 of your thread is feeling left out with no updated pics.
post #259 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdeuce View Post

Fixed it for you.

2012 - Too funny, I hope not
post #260 of 1621
Thread Starter 
OK even despite the cost; the wainscoting treatment for my billiards room is keeping me up and thinking:

So I borrowed an idea from a local establishment. After playing with various proportions, and spacings (24" panels, 48" panels, 3" boards, 4" boards,etc, etc...) > I came up with the following. I decided to turn the plywood 90 degrees with the grain running horizontally, and go with panels on 32" centers. I believe I can do this one for ~$350.00 . The biggest headache would be the labor involved with staining and finishing 9, 4x8 sheets of plywood.

Take a Look, what do you all think?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

post #261 of 1621
Hey cuz, what will you be using for those vertical pieces? I would just be concerned that you have some kind of reveal on them and not a hard 90 degree angle on those edges.
post #262 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Queen,

Good point - I'm still deciding.
The example I see in the local place was just a simple rounded edge, however.....

CuzEd2
post #263 of 1621
Hmmm.......

Your example has me thinking as well. I'm with queen about the reveal you wouldn't need anything too fancy but some type of edge besides a hard 90 degree would give it a "softer" look. Have you worked up other examples such as the one you posted above with the other dimensions. We then could do an A/B/C/D comparison of your options. I do however think your on the right track with the look of the grain though. Nice touch.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

RTROSE
post #264 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Hmmm.......

Your example has me thinking as well. I'm with queen about the reveal you wouldn't need anything too fancy but some type of edge besides a hard 90 degree would give it a "softer" look. Have you worked up other examples such as the one you posted above with the other dimensions. We then could do an A/B/C/D comparison of your options. I do however think your on the right track with the look of the grain though. Nice touch.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

RTROSE

Queen / RT,

Thanks for your suggestions. One thing is for sure; at the very least I will be rounding the edges by taking a pass with a router. I may even go more detailed - I need to look at what a buddy has done in his house, and I have more reading to do in a book that "Big" had suggested. Queen - I bought that book - no need to go to the library

As for posting A,B,C,D photos - Sorry unlikely. If I were handy with photo-shop I would do that. However; the above example was done on powerpoint and it took too long.
post #265 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

Queen / RT,

Thanks for your suggestions. One thing is for sure; at the very least I will be rounding the edges by taking a pass with a router. I may even go more detailed - I need to look at what a buddy has done in his house, and I have more reading to do in a book that "Big" had suggested. Queen - I bought that book - no need to go to the library

Alternatively, you could just buy those pieces (like picture box molding). Mine ran .97/foot. Assuming you go with a strip every foot it would run you about $20 - just a tad more than what your book cost shipped . My GC really liked that book and used those pics to help build me my header model.
post #266 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Have been spending a lot of time working on the back wall of the HT and the drink ledge in the adjoining room.

While the first photo is not a true "before photo" it is an early photo showing the back of the HT, and the Billiards area that I am now trying to finish:


The next two; show this weekends progress with the EQ rack and media storage build-ins. I am now waiting for my glass doors, once the glass is installed, I can load this back up with equipment :


The edges are painted black and the trim installed. Please notice the color of the surrounding wall, this is a prime coat for the darker cocoa color I was going to use. I am now having second thoughts I may go with a lighter tan similar to this primer coat?


And to the very right side of the "before" photo is where my drink ledge has appeared. I found a rubber liner to put under the granite tiles to make for a level surface between the tiles and the Oak trim.




And this just came in and needs my attention:
post #267 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Quick Bump and Update:

Started the week with some travel. Returned yesterday; and picked up the 3 tinted glass doors for my EQ and media storage. Installed the first door last night, and am quite happy with the look. I hope to finish the other two tonight. If successful will post photos tomorrow.
post #268 of 1621
Cuz, the bar top looks great. What a great find on the rubber to make the granite perfectly level. I've read about others getting a sump pump. Should I be considering one of those as well? I figured if the power went off we wouldn't be in the basement using the bathroom anyway.
post #269 of 1621
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Cuz, the bar top looks great. What a great find on the rubber to make the granite perfectly level. I've read about others getting a sump pump. Should I be considering one of those as well? I figured if the power went off we wouldn't be in the basement using the bathroom anyway.

Queen,

Thanks - I have since stained the bar trim, and tonight will start applying the wipe-on poly top coat (probably 5 or 6 coats to really give it durability and some depth).

As for the sump pump: one should DEFINITLEY have a battery backup.
If you loose power you are at risk of the excessive ground water being forced into your basement.

As for not using the bathroom that would only apply to the other pit known as the ejector pit. That is the one used for plumbing waste.

Regards,
post #270 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

Queen,


As for the sump pump: one should DEFINITLEY have a battery backup.
If you loose power you are at risk of the excessive ground water being forced into your basement.

As for not using the bathroom that would only apply to the other pit known as the ejector pit. That is the one used for plumbing waste.

Regards,

So, apparently I do not have a sump pump but just a sewage pump (which I am assuming is the same as an ejector pump). Should I still be buying a battery back-up for that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms › CuznEddy Cinema Project Begins