or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HDTV Software Media Discussion › HDM Rumor thread! Put all rumors here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HDM Rumor thread! Put all rumors here. - Page 47  

post #1381 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

Was there a Panasonic fella based in Canada that posts both here and on br.com?

Yep, can someone ask him if he stopped by the library today?
post #1382 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by webphilosopher View Post

So, Peter Jackson and New Line are going to release Lord of the Rings on Blu-ray only in the second quarter of 2008?

And I have a ring that will make me an anonymous poster when I put it on.

I can't believe I'm up early in the morning posting to this thread. Either this has high entertainment value or I am at the low ebb of my miserable boring existence.

By the way, kudos to AVS for being a place where people of all different points of view can chat and laugh together.

A LOTR release in the 2Q of 2008 would not make much sense either.

Much more likely to be later in the year like in the 4Q 2008 when hardware sales take off again and the installed bases get much larger.

Or right in the 1st quarter, right after the big hardware sales of the 4Q.

2Q makes the least sense of any time in 2008 for that headline New Line release .
post #1383 of 1560
You know you Hd-dvd fanboys don't remember the idiotic FUD that oshodi posted right here on AVS about some "surprise" announcements that HD-DVD would have back in December or January--of which none came to fruition. So, can we say the HD-DVD folks are often full of crap as well?
post #1384 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Let me put this as plain and simple as I can. This is a prank . . a hoax. How do I know? Because the person who started it sent me a PM telling me. I promised not to reveal his real screen name.(he opened that account on BD.com for the strick purpose of starting the rumor) We had about a dozen PM's between us discussing what he did and why he did it.

Why me? Because he felt as one of the more ardent HD DVD supporters, I would get a kick out of what he did.

So if you want to continue to discuss this "rumor" go right ahead. But I have given you the truth of the matter.

Well, you should do the responsible thing and out this prankster. These types of things do nothing beneficial for EITHER side, but certainly could have cost HD DVD some sales, seeing how fast these rumors spread on the interwebs.
post #1385 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by webphilosopher View Post

So, how many dollars would it take for Warner to shift its allegiance from HD DVD to Blu-ray? Half a billion to a billion, more or less?

How much would it take to give up ties to HD DVD in general and Toshiba in particular?[/i]

Heck, we can all be bought. Give me a million dollars, and I might buy a PS3. Anything less than that, and I will wait for the Cyberhome Blu-ray special.

I was just pondering that myself: I think your ballpark agrees with mine. A half billion to a billion dollars might do it.
post #1386 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Let me put this as plain and simple as I can. This is a prank . . a hoax. How do I know? Because the person who started it sent me a PM telling me. I promised not to reveal his real screen name.(he opened that account on BD.com for the strick purpose of starting the rumor) We had about a dozen PM's between us discussing what he did and why he did it.

Why me? Because he felt as one of the more ardent HD DVD supporters, I would get a kick out of what he did.

So if you want to continue to discuss this "rumor" go right ahead. But I have given you the truth of the matter.

Doesn't surprise me one bit that a sick HD-DVD fan would do something like that. Of course, Lee, you enjoy those things.
post #1387 of 1560
This is all very funny..........and totally ridiculous.
post #1388 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssick View Post

If the BDA gave you a million dollars, you might buy a PS3. Talk about fanboyism.

Me, too. A mill would do it...though they'd have to throw in ten movies!
post #1389 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Let me put this as plain and simple as I can. This is a prank . . a hoax. How do I know? Because the person who started it sent me a PM telling me. I promised not to reveal his real screen name.(he opened that account on BD.com for the strick purpose of starting the rumor) We had about a dozen PM's between us discussing what he did and why he did it.

Why me? Because he felt as one of the more ardent HD DVD supporters, I would get a kick out of what he did.

So if you want to continue to discuss this "rumor" go right ahead. But I have given you the truth of the matter.

Yup, the true fanatism of Lee and friends.
post #1390 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosty View Post

Denial: See any threads on the Paramount Decision Day

Anger: See Bill Hunts The Digital Bits posts the week after

Bargaining: Well its only to last 18 months, its only the money, If Warner goes Blu-ray , it changes everything back

Depression: Both damned formats will fail, all companies are whores, suitcases of cash change everything

Acceptance: well maybe $199 HD DVD players are OK, lets wait for the 4Q

BPE - Best Post Ever
post #1391 of 1560
OK members

let's calm down please
post #1392 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

They are super trigger happy over there. From what I have seen reading over there If you say anything that is even slightly pro-HD or pro-neutrality you will get booted/banned/whatever.

Those guys act like the world's gonna end of BD doesn't 'beat' HD DVD. I guess far too many guys who spent their summer allowance money on a PS3 and are going to commit suicide if it isn't the be-all of home entertainment for the next 5 yrs.

Well, there are more than enough HD-DVD fanboys right here whose world will end if HD-DVD "beats" BD.
post #1393 of 1560
lol, it was probably somebody from highdefforum.com. They constantly bicker about blu-ray.com and talk of how they want to disrupt the place. Jealousy runs rampant on that site.
post #1394 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

OK members

let's calm down please

what he said^^
post #1395 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy View Post

You know you Hd-dvd fanboys don't remember the idiotic FUD that oshodi posted right here on AVS about some "surprise" announcements that HD-DVD would have back in December or January--of which none came to fruition. So, can we say the HD-DVD folks are often full of crap as well?

Didn't he claim that Paramount would go HD DVD exclusive? Hey, it just took 6 months.
post #1396 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

what he said^^

I haven't been a member long, but that is the first time a moderator made me laugh.
post #1397 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Let me put this as plain and simple as I can. This is a prank . . a hoax. How do I know? Because the person who started it sent me a PM telling me. I promised not to reveal his real screen name.(he opened that account on BD.com for the strick purpose of starting the rumor) We had about a dozen PM's between us discussing what he did and why he did it.

Why me? Because he felt as one of the more ardent HD DVD supporters, I would get a kick out of what he did.

So if you want to continue to discuss this "rumor" go right ahead. But I have given you the truth of the matter.

Well, thanks for posting this Lee. And you even did it in a non-gloating manner!
post #1398 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

what he said^^

LMAO! Classic.
post #1399 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

As a matter of fact I do. It just shows how gullible people really are.

ANYONE who stays up on the format war would know it was nothing more than a rumor. ESPECIALLY after the TWICE interview with the President of WHV.

But people ignored the facts and fell prey to the rumor. Even those who don't like the fact that it was a prank. If it riled you enough to be angry about it - it succeeded.

PS . . Sorry GLOW . . .it was an AVS member who started it.

Well, I for one, said I'd believe it when I saw it so I am not the gullible one you are speaking of. However, it does not surprise me one bit that it was an AVS HD-DVD fanboy who started it.
post #1400 of 1560
I'm very surprised that anyone believed this to begin with.
post #1401 of 1560
Lee, you realize you just ruined this guy's prank by spilling the beans too early, right?
post #1402 of 1560
Lee,

If this truly is a prank, which I personally think it is, and you know the identity of the person behind it you have the obligation of "outting" this person as this type of prank hurts both Blu-ray and HD-DVD or HDM in general.

If I were you I would be pissed as this potential prank certainly has cost HD-DVD sales over the past 24 hours and has planted a seed in the minds of many fence sitters regarding WB's future plans. I am sure you will do the right thing.

~Josh



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Let me put this as plain and simple as I can. This is a prank . . a hoax. How do I know? Because the person who started it sent me a PM telling me. I promised not to reveal his real screen name.(he opened that account on BD.com for the strick purpose of starting the rumor) We had about a dozen PM's between us discussing what he did and why he did it.

Why me? Because he felt as one of the more ardent HD DVD supporters, I would get a kick out of what he did.

So if you want to continue to discuss this "rumor" go right ahead. But I have given you the truth of the matter.
post #1403 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Nope - same list - you are #11.

Na na na na na na - you didn't make the top 10!

11) DigitalfreakNYC /AVS
11) Urza /AVS

Wow - a tie for #11!

LOL

There is another one, it has me in the top 10.

BTbuck got pissed cause I got him banned. He did it to himself, so I got nominated by him and Krinkle.
post #1404 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Again to stick to the truth. It was NOT one of the "usual suspects" and he is NOT a HD DVD Zealot. Just a "normal" member who decided to have some fun at other peoples expense. Again the truth of the matter.

Now we are going to play guess the prankster?
post #1405 of 1560
My two cents.

I think the original poster is a student writing his PHD thesis on 'Group Behaviour in the On-line Era' and he needed a lab result.

60+ pages on Bluray.com gives him that.
post #1406 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy View Post

Well, there are more than enough HD-DVD fanboys right here whose world will end if HD-DVD "beats" BD.

What? I guess you mean HD DVD fans whose world would end if BD beats HD DVD?

I think you'd be surprised, many so called HD DVD 'fanboys' have already expressed that they will happily go BD.... once player prices go down and profile numbers go up.
post #1407 of 1560
Ah, I'm not suprised it originated from this forum.

I believe if the shoe was on the other foot, it would be exposed already.


Prove me wrong.
post #1408 of 1560
Again, this is not unlike the pages, and pages, and pages of FUD that Oshodi spread right here on AVS.
post #1409 of 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 View Post

Lee,

If this truly is a prank, which I personally think it is, and you know the identity of the person behind it you have the obligation of "outting" this person as this type of prank hurts both Blu-ray and HD-DVD or HDM in general.

If I were you I would be pissed as this potential prank certainly has cost HD-DVD sales over the past 24 hours and has planted a seed in the minds of many fence sitters regarding WB's future plans. I am sure you will do the right thing.

~Josh

Beatboy, are you seriously lecturing someone on spreading false rumors?
post #1410 of 1560
Please remember posting under multiple ID is not allowed: the new software is very powerful
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Software Media Discussion
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HDTV Software Media Discussion › HDM Rumor thread! Put all rumors here.