or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › Official Mitsubishi WD XX833 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Mitsubishi WD XX833 Owners Thread - Page 114

post #3391 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacbellguy View Post

Ok.. maybe I'm having a similar problem but I originally thought it was my Denon 4308. After I updated my firmware to 9.03, I started losing HDMI sync. I have my PS3 connected via HDMI and my U-Verse box connected via component to Denon 4308. I then have Denon connected to Mits 73833 via HDMI. After system is on for about 15 minutes or so, I'd lose picture. Sometimes it would just go to a blue screen and sometimes it would also be a garbled green screen. It happens with both PS3 and U-Verse, so I know it's not them. I also turned off the CEC command in the Denon and that doesn't help. I've tried swapping out HDMI cables and well as use different HDMI ports in the back to no avail. The timing of my problem seems to be after I updated to 9.03 as well as changed my bulb. I'll have to see if I get a flashing error light after it happens.


OK.. here's an update. I had actually replaced my bulb housing with one that I did not get from Mitsubishi around same time I started to lose my HDMI as well as component input pictures. I kept my original bulb since it had not burned out completely and put that housing into the television. After quite a bit of viewing, I haven't had the problem reoccur. What could have possibly caused the problem if it in fact was the changing of the bulb housing? Bad connection, excessive heat? Anyone else have any trouble after replacing bulb housing with non-OEM bulb?
post #3392 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post

Pretty much all DLPs have overscan. Usually around 5%. The resolution for the TV should 1920x1080. If you have NVIDIA, the drivers allow you to size the screen. Don't know about any Intel utilities.

perfect thanks a lot. I used the Nvidia control panel and resized the resolution when connected to the Mits DLP... works well.

I can't tell if I'm losing any fidelity, but I guess its better than overscan.

thanks again.

-Mahesh
post #3393 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

The light engine is on back order. Not sure yet how long the delay or if it being delayed for an extended period causes a lemon situation. A Geek Squad tech visited on the day that was scheduled for the install but had no part. He confirmed the situation. Nice that Best Buy didn't notify me of no part ahead of his early morning call to time the visit. As of today I now have about 6 white hot spots and many many back dead spots.

To quote Robert Heron, "DLP is bullet proof." Not so much Robert.

Part arrived, installed on the 12th. Back to normal.
post #3394 of 3509
Hi everybody,

I have 73833 Diamond model. Strange thing just happened. I have Samsung color laser printer with wireless network adapter. My TV was on. When I turned my printer on TV turned off, and green timer LED was blinking very fast. What's up with that? Did anybody have something like that?
post #3395 of 3509
Sounds like it is on the same circuit and possible wiring problems in the house. You can either get an electrician in and check out the wiring or get a large UPS for the TV. A UPS is good because it will allow the TV's fan to continue to run if power goes out and if any major surge or brownout occurs it will cut to battery. Laser printers draw a good amount of juice on power up to warm up the fuser.
post #3396 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post

Sounds like it is on the same circuit and possible wiring problems in the house. You can either get an electrician in and check out the wiring or get a large UPS for the TV. A UPS is good because it will allow the TV's fan to continue to run if power goes out and if any major surge or brownout occurs it will cut to battery. Laser printers draw a good amount of juice on power up to warm up the fuser.

+1 Laser printers should be the only appliance on a given circuit if possible. Not as big an issue for small personal printers. A decent workgroup laser printer will dim the lights in my office A UPS might help if you have no other option for the printer
post #3397 of 3509
Thanks for replies.

Makes sense about electrical circuit. Although, my TV is plugged into UPS, it is rather small one, and probably not good enough for TV.
post #3398 of 3509
I started to notice that the picture has started to flicker especially in the upper left hand corner. I've seen this flicker with both HDMI and component. Any suggestions to the problem?
post #3399 of 3509
I have a 65833 that began losing HDMI connection a few days ago. The screen went black and the "Input 1" came up on the screen as if I had hit the input button, then after a few seconds the picture would reappear. I originally thought this was an HDMI issue with my Onkyo AVR until it happened again with another source that was directly plugged into the TV using HDMI.

Yesterday, the screen went black again, but did not come back on. I turned off the TV for a half hour and turned it back on with no change. I immediately swapped the TV out with another Mitsu 60" I had upstairs and everything worked.

This cannot be purely a bulb problem because I was able to hit the input button and see the choices on the screen. I would assume this is an HDMI board problem of some sort, but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a repair on a TV that can probably be replaced for $900.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks
post #3400 of 3509
Hi, I posted this in the Mits xx738 owner's forum, but thought i'd post here for owners of the xx833 to comment.

My 73833 is under a BB service plan. Due to an issue (not going to get into it here), they've offered to replace the TV with a comparable model. I thought this was a pretty good deal to get a brand new TV having owned that other one for 3 1/2 years now.

However, Best Buy is trying to offer me the 73738 as the replacement for my 833. I'm trying to argue that since my model was a "diamond" model, I should have the current gen diamond which would be the 73838, not a step down. Tell me if I'm off base here, but my argument is that my 833 and the 838 share the following features that the 738 doesn't have:

Dark Detailer
PerfectColor
PerfecTint
NetCommand
Wired IR Input
USB Media Input
4 HDMI ports (1 accessible from the front). 738 only has 3.

The problem is, they don't sell the 838 in the 73". They only carry it in the 82". The deal killer for me is that the 738 only has 3 HDMI hook ups, while mine and the new 838 have 4. I'm really going to stress that I need the 4th HDMI, in addition to the fact that I should be in teh same class.

I hope I can get them to see my point and agree, so I can get a higher end unit as the replacement.

My question is this... if they don't budge, do you think that a xx738 model today is still better than a 3 1/2 year old Diamond 833 model? I don't want to step down in PQ. I could probably manage without the additional HDMI, although it is nice to have a front accessible port.

Let me know your opinions, especially if you've upgraded from the 833 to the current 738 line.

Thanks,
post #3401 of 3509
kjahadi,

My current 65833 is the result of a BB lemon on my old Sony RPTV. The store where I bought it was giving me a run around, like you are getting. So, I went shopping for a decent salesman to help me. I found one in the Culver City store and he processed the claim properly. I got a credit back and I chose to apply it to the set I wanted to. You insured the
$ value of the set not the model, brand or type. I hope you have more than one BB in your area. Shop for a decent person to help you. Good luck!

BTW, my 65833 is one strike from being a lemon. I'm on my 3rd light engine and had another issue along the way. I may have to go through the same by October.
post #3402 of 3509
Well, I got one hella deal today I think. I talked Best Buy into replacing my 3 1/2 year old 73" 833 model with an 82" 738 model with a 4 year ext warranty that includes 1 free bulb replacement. Best part, it only cost me $200 out of pocket, but since I had a triple rewards coupon, I'll be getting $150 in reward certificates.

Man, that Best Buy warranty is so frickin sweet!
post #3403 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_hernandez32 View Post

I started to notice that the picture has started to flicker especially in the upper left hand corner. I've seen this flicker with both HDMI and component. Any suggestions to the problem?

I just noticed the exact same thing on my 3&1/2 year old 65833 last night for the first time. It seems to come and go, and is not steadily visible (yet). To this point, I have never replaced anything, and the picture has been excellent, although I do have a new bulb ready to go.
Should I replace the bulb, or is this a light engine issue, or something else?
post #3404 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Is there any geometry adjustment besides the one we know about?

Mike

Thanks! I did it and the high pitch has diminished by 90%!! Much better. Took 15 minutes
post #3405 of 3509
Hello,

It looks like this thread has not seen activity for sometime, but just the same I'll post my question here as I have a WD-73833.

I've just upgraded the firmware to from v38 009.01 to v38 009.03.

I have not been able to find much detail on what .03 fixes. There were some postings with regards to a blue screen showing up when switching inputs. If anyone can elaborate, I'd appreciate it.

My second question is regarding the 3D capabilities. I'm planning on buying a blu ray 3D player and the Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 starter pack. Amazon has it for around $273. I'm wondering if anyone is having any issues (or lack of) with this unit.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
post #3406 of 3509
Thread Starter 
I have the starter pack with the same TV (73833) and I have no issues except that I have to make a few changes on the blu-ray player (Panasonic 300) every time I watch a 3D movie which is not very often. I also change inputs on the TV (Game input) for 3D movies.
post #3407 of 3509
I have a 3d converter for sale anyone interested
post #3408 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmeroj View Post

Hello,

It looks like this thread has not seen activity for sometime, but just the same I'll post my question here as I have a WD-73833.

I've just upgraded the firmware to from v38 009.01 to v38 009.03.

I have not been able to find much detail on what .03 fixes. There were some postings with regards to a blue screen showing up when switching inputs. If anyone can elaborate, I'd appreciate it.

My second question is regarding the 3D capabilities. I'm planning on buying a blu ray 3D player and the Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 starter pack. Amazon has it for around $273. I'm wondering if anyone is having any issues (or lack of) with this unit.

Any advice greatly appreciated.


There was a problem with the 83XXX sets syncing up with the DC-1000 in the HDMI path. When one would switch from 2D to 3D or back to 2D the set would often just get a blue screen. This required one to toggle back and forth from the source and/or TV inputs to get the set to sync correctly. The problem was intermittent and sometimes I never could get it to work until I changed Input name from Game to something else and then back again. Mitsubishi was not very cooperative but someone finally got them to send out version 9.03 after he argued for a couple weeks. They told him they would send it but that it would not fix the problem. Well it did fix the problem! and we all started hounding Mitsubishi to send us new firmware. They were not very cooperative and refused to send it to most people (lack of knowledge base in their customer service I think) Anyway everyone who got the new firmware reported that this issue was fixed!!! I assume that Mits Customer Service has this in hand by now?
post #3409 of 3509
Hello,

I have a 73833 that was purchased 09/07, also purchased a 5 year extended warranty through Tweeter for $400. Tweeter went out of business and now Service Net is covering the warrantys for them.

I have been having white dots show up in different places on the screen. Some go away and some stay. They appear to flicker and it is very distracting in dark scenes. Right now I am looking at 2 but have had up to 10 on the screen at one time.

I called into Service Net and they told me they would not send a tech out until I noticed something like 21 or more dots. I told the person on the phone I was not happy with that and she stated that until it gets worse I have to live with it. Magically I told her the whole screen was now covered in white dots. She stated that she knew that wasn't true and if they sent a tech out, I would end up having to pay for the service if the tech did not see enough dots.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I suppose to live with this?

Should I call Mits? Would they cover this?

Thanks!!!
post #3410 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcss View Post

Hello,

I have a 73833 that was purchased 09/07, also purchased a 5 year extended warranty through Tweeter for $400. Tweeter went out of business and now Service Net is covering the warrantys for them.

I have been having white dots show up in different places on the screen. Some go away and some stay. They appear to flicker and it is very distracting in dark scenes. Right now I am looking at 2 but have had up to 10 on the screen at one time.

I called into Service Net and they told me they would not send a tech out until I noticed something like 21 or more dots. I told the person on the phone I was not happy with that and she stated that until it gets worse I have to live with it. Magically I told her the whole screen was now covered in white dots. She stated that she knew that wasn't true and if they sent a tech out, I would end up having to pay for the service if the tech did not see enough dots.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I suppose to live with this?

Should I call Mits? Would they cover this?

Thanks!!!

Scroll up.
post #3411 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

Scroll up.

Ok I am lost, you want me to scroll up so I am assuming someone else has the same post and problem as me?

Thanks.
post #3412 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcss View Post

Ok I am lost, you want me to scroll up so I am assuming someone else has the same post and problem as me?

Thanks.

Thanks Joe I found it a page back!
post #3413 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrassie86 View Post

Well got my call from service net today, gotta say I'm pretty pissed. when i bought this warranty i was told that if the tv failed 3 times i would given a like tv or refunded full purchase price. I bought a 5 year warranty for $449.99, the tv has had 1 light engine replaced (and now needs another has stuck mirror's) and now not only is my TV not being fixed or replaced, but they say the only thing i am entitled to is $500.... Never again will i buy a Service net solutions warranty. Any body know if theirs anything i can do? feeling pretty ripped off right now.

Feeling exactly the same way right now Wrassie! Any news on your TV?
post #3414 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcss View Post

Hello,

I have a 73833 that was purchased 09/07, also purchased a 5 year extended warranty through Tweeter for $400. Tweeter went out of business and now Service Net is covering the warrantys for them.

I have been having white dots show up in different places on the screen. Some go away and some stay. They appear to flicker and it is very distracting in dark scenes. Right now I am looking at 2 but have had up to 10 on the screen at one time.

I called into Service Net and they told me they would not send a tech out until I noticed something like 21 or more dots. I told the person on the phone I was not happy with that and she stated that until it gets worse I have to live with it. Magically I told her the whole screen was now covered in white dots. She stated that she knew that wasn't true and if they sent a tech out, I would end up having to pay for the service if the tech did not see enough dots.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I suppose to live with this?

Should I call Mits? Would they cover this?

Thanks!!!

Here is an update.

I called Mits up and they asked if I had an extended warranty which I told them yes but due to there not being 20 or more dots on the screen the Warranty company would not cover it. The person from Mits said that it didn't matter if there was 1 or 100 white dots, the Light Engine was going bad. (Not sure if he would have said that if I was still under the Manufacturers Warranty)

Anyway I decided to call Service Net back, I let them know that I spoke to Mits and that I paid $400 for situations just like this, and it was not right how this was being handled by them. It was a different Rep I was speaking to and she completely understood how I felt, and took care of the whole thing. Tech will be on his way out this Wednesday.

Just wanted to let everyone know not to give up on the first try.

Looking good so far but that could change once the Tech lets them know what he's going to do to the TV. I will post back when it is all done.
post #3415 of 3509
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

Scroll up.

You shouldn't say "scroll up" because I'm sure as others, I have my forum set up to show the latest postings at the top I which case you would have to "scroll down". It might be better to say something like, "see older posting".
post #3416 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

You shouldn't say "scroll up" because I'm sure as others, I have my forum set up to show the latest postings at the top I which case you would have to "scroll down". It might be better to say something like, "see older posting".

Sorry, I stand on my head to read postings here.

OK previous listing/post it is...
post #3417 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcss View Post

Here is an update.

I called Mits up and they asked if I had an extended warranty which I told them yes but due to there not being 20 or more dots on the screen the Warranty company would not cover it. The person from Mits said that it didn't matter if there was 1 or 100 white dots, the Light Engine was going bad. (Not sure if he would have said that if I was still under the Manufacturers Warranty)

Anyway I decided to call Service Net back, I let them know that I spoke to Mits and that I paid $400 for situations just like this, and it was not right how this was being handled by them. It was a different Rep I was speaking to and she completely understood how I felt, and took care of the whole thing. Tech will be on his way out this Wednesday.

Just wanted to let everyone know not to give up on the first try.

Looking good so far but that could change once the Tech lets them know what he's going to do to the TV. I will post back when it is all done.

Great news! While I was waiting for my back-ordered LE the dots, both black & white were multiplying like rabbits. This is my third LE counting the original. I only hope something fails by October to lemon the set. I know it will fail, it's just a matter of if it's in time.
post #3418 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post
Great news! While I was waiting for my back-ordered LE the dots, both black & white were multiplying like rabbits. This is my third LE counting the original. I only hope something fails by October to lemon the set. I know it will fail, it's just a matter of if it's in time.
Great, so this is what I have to look forward to?
post #3419 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcss View Post
Great, so this is what I have to look forward to?
Blame me. Every TV I touch turns to S..t. Find out what I buy and get something different. This Mitsubishi replaced a Sony that "lemoned" under the BB EW.
post #3420 of 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post
Blame me. Every TV I touch turns to S..t. Find out what I buy and get something different. This Mitsubishi replaced a Sony that "lemoned" under the BB EW.
Man, you've been through a lot, I really hope it finally works out for you Joe!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › Official Mitsubishi WD XX833 Owners Thread