Originally Posted by pdiss88
From my point of view, Rock Band's guitar parts (the only thing I'm really experienced at in the game) are WAY too easy. This game is obviously made for more casual gamers that play only in larger groups. A lot of people say this is better than Guitar Hero 3, but I'll take the challenge of GH3 over Rock Band any day.
For the most part, I agree with your statement. That being said the last 2 songs in the RB Solo Guitar Tour (Hard) are challenging. Still for me they were challenging for an hour where the GH3 final tier has been challenging for a month.
I've said this before as well. This is why RB is so much easier on Guitar:
1. The ease of the Overdrive phrases as opposed to the intricate Star Power phrases in GH3.
2. The frequency of the Overdrive phrases as opposed to the few SP phrases in GH3.
3. The effect of the OD use as opposed to the the effect of SP use.
4. The tolerance of the crowd meter in RB as opposed to the tolerance of the rock meter in GH3.
IMO, the charts are not necessarily easier in RB but the cumulative effect of all of the above is what makes it so much easier.
2 things harder in RB:
1. Of course, hammer-ons are harder to master in RB but you could adjust and get used to it.
2. Timing windows are indeed tighter in RB.
As a result the above, I find that I play GH better after playing RB.