or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Samsung BDP1400 Disussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung BDP1400 Disussion Thread - Page 429

post #12841 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post

My recollection is that the BD1400 will bitstream DTS-HD MA but will not decode it.

I had one of the first 1400's off the boat and it was connected via analog to my Denon. The original firmware (v0.X or something like that) did not handle MA, but in a few weeks they released what should have been the first public firmware (v1.0) and it decoded MA.
post #12842 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by sptrout View Post

I had one of the first 1400's off the boat and it was connected via analog to my Denon. The original firmware (v0.X or something like that) did not handle MA, but in a few weeks they released what should have been the first public firmware (v1.0) and it decoded MA.

You sure it was not just decoding the core DTS 1.5Mbps stream? I pretty convinced now that it is just like the Sammy BD-UP500 where you can set the track to the DTS-HD, but it just decodes core. It would be very hard to tell.
post #12843 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post

You sure it was not just decoding the core DTS 1.5Mbps stream? I pretty convinced now that it is just like the Sammy BD-UP500 where you can set the track to the DTS-HD, but it just decodes core. It would be very hard to tell.

You may well be correct. I no longer have any of the equipment mentioned previously, and the first thing I replaced was the Denon AVR so I could move up to HDMI and full HD audio capabiliy in the AVR (got sick of the poor bass management in the P1400). I dumped the P1400 a couple years ago.

Based on a very quick scan of some of the many comments in this thread, the only upgrade made to this model was to add MA via bitstreaming back a few weeks after it was released. It has been over 4 years now so my memory is likely fading away.
post #12844 of 12884
Okay so lincoln lawyer and american psycho and stargate anniversary edition and t2 skynet edition will al not play on my player anyone else with this problem?
post #12845 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar360 View Post

Okay so lincoln lawyer and american psycho and stargate anniversary edition and t2 skynet edition will al not play on my player anyone else with this problem?

Are you running the latest firmware, 2.5? If you are relying on the Ethernet/Internet upgrade process it won't be detecting the latest. You may need to download the file and burn a disc.

However, those are not discs that I am aware of that need updated to the player. I have had issues with a couple Sammy loaders developing a condition where they will no longer read some Liongate titles, but mostly older releases all you mention except for Am. Psycho are somewhat recent.
post #12846 of 12884
They all played before but now since I upgraded from 2.3 to 2.5 t2 and stargate now will not play and lincoln lawyer I'm not sure if it ever played
post #12847 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar360 View Post

They all played before but now since I upgraded from 2.3 to 2.5 t2 and stargate now will not play and lincoln lawyer I'm not sure if it ever played

Hmmm. I don't have access to an operational p1400 at the moment so I can't test for you, but there might be an issue with Lionsgate and the 2.5 firmware. Did you try downgrading to the older firmware to see if that resolves the issues with all the titles? Do you happen to have the 2.4 download? I didn't grab that one, unfortunately.
post #12848 of 12884
I don't have a way to downgrade on my firmware
post #12849 of 12884
All you do is re-load the disc for the older firmware versions. However if you have been dong the online downloads you won't have the images or discs. Perhaps someone on the thread has those and you could try. I always download and burn a disc, that way I can go back if I have to. The Sammy firmware updates (at least for the older players) are all inclusive on the firmware so you can replace it with an older version. Sammy will tell you this is not possible, but I have done it many times without ill effects. It is suspicious that this happened after you updated, but the only issues with Lionsgate that I am aware of is whatever condition happens to the loader to make it not like some Lionsgate titles. Someone else on the thread will need to test one or all of these for you. I will double check Am. Psycho, Stargate and T2 when I get a chance on the BD-P5000 (they share similar BD code). When I rented Lincoln Lawyer I don't recall any issues.
post #12850 of 12884
Jurassic Park BD works fine with latest firmware
post #12851 of 12884
my sylvania (funai) bdps' hdmi output stopped working so i broke out the 1400 and have been using it again. still loads slow but otherwise seems ok.

have a new panny ordered,should have by next thurs or fri.
post #12852 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by laddieluv View Post


>>Having owned the stellar (I loved it!) 1400 from 7/07 to 2/11, I can tell you that I also made discs and updated firmware that way.

I also went "backwards" twice. Once during the "Avatar" fiasco. And one other time that I don't remember right now. My point is that both times went smoothly. It's just like any other FW update: the machine asks you if you want this number FW or that number FW on the screen. You just click the one you want. It absolutely recognizes it, but WILL NOT refuse the update. It just "thinks" it's a FW update. Doesn't care which direction you go.

My 1400 "died" on 2/5/11 because my DVR malfunctioned and caused my 1400's demise. Purchased two Sammy C5500's. So "cheap" compared to what I paid for my (treasured) 1400. And WOWZER. Do they load quickly.
Although I adored my 1400 (early adopter, ya' know. ), I was able to do a "load of laundry" by the time the movie loaded. With the C5500, it loads so quickly in comparison that I barely have time to grab my snack and sit down. LOVE it.

So good luck.

There are so few 1400 owners left. Sigh. And yes. I still get the updates from this 1400 board. 'Cuz it makes me remember a really "good" time in my life. - Arleen J
**********************************
Samsung UNB7100 55" LED HDTV; Onkyo SR 600 SS; Samsung BD-C5500 BD Player (LR Home Theater)
Samsung LNC530 40" LCD HDTV; Samsung BD-C5500 BD Player (Downstairs Office/no additional sound system)
268 BD titles and counting
Recent Additions: "Crimson Tide" "Unknown" "The Lincoln Lawyer"

Still have mine. Got it in Oct of 2007. Cost 499 new (found receipt and manual). Still runs well. No plans to upgrade anytime soon. My receiver won't support the latest HDMI standard for 3D, and that's what I'd want to upgrade to.

But like everyone else I've had to upgrade firmware from time to time.
post #12853 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post

Hmmm. I don't have access to an operational p1400 at the moment so I can't test for you, but there might be an issue with Lionsgate and the 2.5 firmware. Did you try downgrading to the older firmware to see if that resolves the issues with all the titles? Do you happen to have the 2.4 download? I didn't grab that one, unfortunately.

There's a new firmware ISO_BDP1400_XAA_111202_01_WEBSITE.iso (Version 2.6) on Samsung's web site. Perhaps it will work better?
post #12854 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123 View Post

There's a new firmware ISO_BDP1400_XAA_111202_01_WEBSITE.iso (Version 2.6) on Samsung's web site. Perhaps it will work better?


Wow, I really didn't think I'd see another update for this unit! thanks for the info.
post #12855 of 12884
Wow, glad to see the thread is still alive, kinda like my trusty 1400. I'm happy there's a new FW however, I haven't needed an update in ages. Everything seems to play great. I do realize I just jinxed my player. Haha...
post #12856 of 12884
>>to see this thread going.

Sadly, I had to "retire" my 1400 on 2/5/11. It "died" when my DVR malfunctioned and "kildit."

However as an early adopter of BD (7/07), I have such a "soft spot" in my heart for the 1400 that I still subscribe to this thread.

Hang in there, 1400 users. You're a "rare" breed. And, IMO, special.

**************************
Samsung UNB7100 55" LED HDTV; Onkyo SR 600 SS; Samsung BD-C5500 BD Player (LR Home Theater)
Samsung LNC530 40" LCD HDTV; Samsung BD-C5500 BD Player (Downstairs Office/no additional sound system)
303 BD titles and counting
Recent Additions: "Drive" "Ides of March" "The Descendents"
post #12857 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerowarp View Post

Wow, glad to see the thread is still alive, kinda like my trusty 1400. I'm happy there's a new FW however, I haven't needed an update in ages. Everything seems to play great. I do realize I just jinxed my player. Haha...

And it got a new firmware update in January, which I could say the same for my BD-UP5000, hasn't seen new code since the middle of '10.
post #12858 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post


And it got a new firmware update in January, which I could say the same for my BD-UP5000, hasn't seen new code since the middle of '10.

Dose anyone know if this update made it so that i can play t2 Lincoln lawyer and American psycho again cuz after i went from 2.3 to 2.5 all that was lost
post #12859 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar360 View Post


Dose anyone know if this update made it so that i can play t2 Lincoln lawyer and American psycho again cuz after i went from 2.3 to 2.5 all that was lost

Give 'er a try and let us know. If you have been downloading the images and burning update discs then you can always go back. If not you will be stuck at the latest release. I forget which but some of the players don't update to the latest through the network port anymore so best to do the disc updates. I never trusted the online and have always done disc or usb updates on all my players and keep the updates backed up on disc or laptop.
post #12860 of 12884
I heard that samsung released an update for the 1400 on this board. My 1400 has been retired to a comfortable closet for about 2 years and is considered my emergency back up player. So I figured go ahead break that baby out and update her.
When I connect via cat 5 I get a message that its up to date on firmware. I found the new firmware on the sammy website. My question is this: Doesn't Samsung put the updates on the server anymore? I never had to update via cd in the past that I can remember. Have you folks been able to update directly?
post #12861 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1967 View Post

I heard that samsung released an update for the 1400 on this board. My 1400 has been retired to a comfortable closet for about 2 years and is considered my emergency back up player. So I figured go ahead break that baby out and update her.
When I connect via cat 5 I get a message that its up to date on firmware. I found the new firmware on the sammy website. My question is this: Doesn't Samsung put the updates on the server anymore? I never had to update via cd in the past that I can remember. Have you folks been able to update directly?

A couple years ago the network updates for the older players started doing this. I can only surmise that the servers used for the network/Ethernet updates are different or pointing to a location they are no longer updating. Always best to download and burn a disc anyway so you have it for backup in case you need to roll back. With the bd-up5000 this has been nessisary to play new Disney bds and manny new DVDs as well since Samsung broke the Disney code when they updated for avatar.
post #12862 of 12884
Well my 1400 is officially gone (to the yard sale gods in the sky). Had been retired a long time ago but I was holding it as a backup player. Now that decent players are under $100 I no longer felt the need to keep her around (plus, my Oppo has been a rock star champ!). Good luck to whoever shells out the few bucks to give 'er a new home. Who ever is still hanging around this thread please turn off the lights when you leave. smile.gif
post #12863 of 12884
Oppo rocks. I got fed up with my 1400 long ago and replaced it with a Panny. Donated the 1400 to someone who can love it. Wish I could afford the Oppo Blu-Ray, but it's not the right time for that. Maybe once I get my sanity back.
post #12864 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1967 View Post

Well my 1400 is officially gone (to the yard sale gods in the sky). Had been retired a long time ago but I was holding it as a backup player. Now that decent players are under $100 I no longer felt the need to keep her around (plus, my Oppo has been a rock star champ!). Good luck to whoever shells out the few bucks to give 'er a new home. Who ever is still hanging around this thread please turn off the lights when you leave. smile.gif

am i the only one who still uses this dinosaur? man i need to save up for an new player
post #12865 of 12884
I still have mine too, it's working and rock solid in the bedroom. Just moved it in there for a couple of months ago. Using my HTPC in the livingroom now.
post #12866 of 12884
I fired up mine today in my office & it still is humming along:)
post #12867 of 12884
My 1400 is connected to my Sansui G-8000! Rocking sound thanks to built in decoding from the 1400. I've yet to have a single problem with a disc. I can't remember what FW i'm currently on. It was the one you had to use to get Avatar to work right. I think it's 1.9 or 2.0?? Still lovin' my 1400!biggrin.gif
post #12868 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerowarp View Post

My 1400 is connected to my Sansui G-8000! Rocking sound thanks to built in decoding from the 1400. I've yet to have a single problem with a disc. I can't remember what FW i'm currently on. It was the one you had to use to get Avatar to work right. I think it's 1.9 or 2.0?? Still lovin' my 1400!biggrin.gif
with avengers coming out id upgrade to the latest 2.6, almost a year old but better to be safe

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/BD-P1400/XAA
post #12869 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

with avengers coming out id upgrade to the latest 2.6, almost a year old but better to be safe
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/BD-P1400/XAA

I'll be at Walfart to pick up my copy at midnight. I'll you know if it plays.
post #12870 of 12884
Avengers plays great! Pretty fast load for the 1400. All menus work. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Samsung BDP1400 Disussion Thread