or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The NAD T775/T785 AVRs w/ HDMI 1.3 Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NAD T775/T785 AVRs w/ HDMI 1.3 Thread! - Page 138

post #4111 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySound View Post

CYE, I assume you had to return your unit because of "Fan Issues"? Seems that may be a long term issue, but I have been real fortunate there. Like I said, mine runs quiet as can be (probably have jinxed myself now)! I wonder if there is a way to access the fans and maybe put a touch of macine oil on the bearings from time to time?

Yeah, that's right, the fan noise was pretty unbearable. It even stopped me running Audyssey at one point, due to the ambient noise levels being too high! I'm back to using my old Denon as a pre and a NAD T973 power amp (which still has fan noise, but nowhere near as loud). So I have 50% of the NAD sound at least. smile.gif

I think a T187 may be on the cards at some point in the future.
post #4112 of 4288
Can anyone please mail me the latest firmware for T785? Itdk01@gmail.com

Many thanks
Jim
post #4113 of 4288
sure do you need it to that gmail address? firmware sent.
post #4114 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdk View Post

Can anyone please mail me the latest firmware for T785? Itdk01@gmail.com

Many thanks
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodi41 View Post

sure do you need it to that gmail address? firmware sent.


Unfortunatly the email never got through frown.gif Maybe it's because of blocked files? Can you try zipping it and resend please?

My email is: itdk01@gmail.com

Many thanks for your help
Jim
Edited by itdk - 3/12/13 at 12:23pm
post #4115 of 4288
I'm hoping some fellow T775/785 music lovers will be able to help me out on this one. Is anyone using their NAD as a Pre-Amp and/or DAC?

First, a little background. I have been using my T775HD for a couple years pretty much 90% of the time for home theatre purposes and am quite happy with it.

Now, I have decided to foray into the world of 2-Channel music and need to build out my current set up. Unfortunately I don't have the space for a dedicated music listening room.

My first thought was to add a high quality 2-Channel Integrated, preferrably from NAD, to the system to run just the front left and right speakers. However, after more investigation NAD doesn't offer a home theatre bypass option until you get into their Masters series stuff which I don't care for. So I've been looking at other brands from Cambridge to Sim Audio to Bryston. Pretty much anything with a HT bypass. The plan was to run anything HDMI related (Blu-Ray, Satellite, etc.) to the T775HD for processing and surround amplification while using the left/right pre-outs going to the integrated's HT bypass input to power the fronts. Then, anything analogue (Phono, DAC, CD) would go directly to the Integrated for 2-Channel listening.

This brings me to my questions (sorry for taking so long). First, is there really any benefit to this scenario? How good is the T775's Pre-Amp section and Internal DAC? I'm already using an outboard Phone Pre so I don't need that capability built-in anywhere. Is the NAD's pre section and DACs good enough to forego an Integrated and simply input EVERYTHING, digital and analogue, to the T775 and simply pre-out to a good 2-channel amp?

If I'm listening to 2 Channel and pre-outting to a separate Power Amp will the NAD's onboard fans still spin up with the volume level?

If you're using your NAD for 2-Channel listening, how do you set up your listening preferences? As there is no DIRECT mode on the NAD do you try to bypass a much circuitry as possible by turning off Audyssey? No sub? Fronts as Large? Anything else that will maximize 2-Channel listening?

Thanks!
post #4116 of 4288
I am loving the sound of NAD T775HD for the past two years. I have a question regarding its multizone capability. I have never taken advantage of the multi zone capability of any receiver until now. I have a 6-zone whole home amp in the same rack. It does not have a DAC and I was feeding the analog output of the original Apple TV (intel version) to it. However, recently, I am having a lot of trouble controlling it using my iPhone and therefore want to switch to using my iMac as my source. However, I have an optical cable going from the iMac to the NAD T775HD already since I use my iMac for music listening in the same room and also for watching movies, etc.

Question is this. Can I use one of the pre-outs or something other line-level outputs on the NAD T775HD to connect to the line-level input on the whole home amp and set up zone 2 for it while still using all 7 channels for a 7.1 setup (not used simultaneously though)? Then I can just use the iMac to play music and then pipe it from the NAD to the whole home amp.

I answered my own question. I just had to look at the manual and the back of the receiver. There is dedicated preouts for Zone 2. It works perfectly. I just had to turn on zone 2 in the settings and then set the output to fixed instead of variable. Then chose a particular source for that zone. It works for digital sources. I am using optical for my iMac to NAD. I don't have 8mm trigger wires so I have not hooked up that yet. I was thinking I might need that to turn on the receiver from the whole home amp side but when I put the nad to standby, the zone2 icon was still lit and sure enough it is sending preouts to zone2. Yikes. Is that going to keep the circuits on all the time? I don't remember where I put the zr2 remote. I wonder if that is how I turn off zone 2.
Edited by bommai - 3/14/13 at 12:09am
post #4117 of 4288
Could womeone rename this thread to include the T787 and T777. f.ex T77x / T78x

It would help to keep some of the knowledge from the "older" NADs and keep contact with the current version
post #4118 of 4288
Hi all.

I've recently bought a T787 and I'm really pleased with it, except for one thing. It is impossible to run Audyssey, it worked without problems with my two earlier receivers "Denon 3808 and Pioneer lx75".
After reading this thread I think it's a firmware och hardware problem. How to check the firmware "1.36" was no brainer but is there a way to check which MDC boards and versions my receiver have?

Thanx for a great thread smile.gif

//Lunkentuss
Edited by Lunkentuss - 3/18/13 at 5:23am
post #4119 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdk View Post


Unfortunatly the email never got through frown.gif Maybe it's because of blocked files? Can you try zipping it and resend please?

My email is: itdk01@gmail.com

Many thanks for your help
Jim

Does anyone have the newest firmware for T785 they can send me? I think I'm running 1.34 now.

Thanks in advance
/Jim
post #4120 of 4288
I don't remember where I put the zr2 remote. I wonder if that is how I turn off zone 2.

You can turn off Zone 2 through the OSD in Zone controlls
post #4121 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdk View Post

Does anyone have the newest firmware for T785 they can send me? I think I'm running 1.34 now.

Thanks in advance
/Jim

As far as I know the latest firmware is 1.39 . Was released a couple of weeks ago.
I do not have it myself. Sorry
I currently run 1.37 on my T787.
post #4122 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiske View Post

As far as I know the latest firmware is 1.39 . Was released a couple of weeks ago.
I do not have it myself. Sorry
I currently run 1.37 on my T787.


Thanks for info, Fiske. Anyone have FW 1.39 for T785?

Thanks
Jim
post #4123 of 4288
Hi Jim,

i think the xx5 Series has even numbers, so the last one is the 1.38. I can give you this version if you want.

Axel
post #4124 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by axoelt View Post

Hi Jim,

i think the xx5 Series has even numbers, so the last one is the 1.38. I can give you this version if you want.

Axel

That would be excellent, please send to itdk01@gmail.com not sure if you need to rename the exe file for gmail.

BR Jim
post #4125 of 4288
I don't think there is any dependency on odd or even numbers for the xx5 vs xx7 models.
post #4126 of 4288
Since the VM150 and the first compatible version 1.32 there are only even numbers. May be that there is a version 1.39 but not for the xx5 Models.

I believe the next version will be 1.40. May be in Mai or June, we will know soon.
Edited by axoelt - 3/26/13 at 10:56am
post #4127 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by axoelt View Post

Since the VM150 and the first compatible version 1.30 there are only even numbers. May be that there is a version 1.39 but not for the xx5 Models.

I believe the next version will be 1.40. May be in Mai or June, we will know soon.
I know for a fact that version 1.39 exists for the 775hd.
post #4128 of 4288
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone here has the latest FW for the T785 (before the HD version). I've had mine in a box for 2 years (worked great when I packaged it). At the time I wanted Audyssey XT32 and decoding of all the new codecs and it was not available on NAD models so I went with the Denon A100 toget XT32 (very happy with this correction) and SubEQ (i'm using 2 subs). Anyway, I'm pulled out the T785 - still looks like new since it was only used for a year and may use it for another room (have not decided on that yet), but want to upgrade it with the latest FW that will work with this model.

Much Appreciated!
Ray
post #4129 of 4288
I'm having the clipping out problem others have talked about on my T/757, but I'm not sure how to check my firmware. My house is also full of Macs, is it possible to do the firmware w/o a PC?
Edited by qwckdraw - 3/26/13 at 9:33am
post #4130 of 4288
i've got a NAD T777 and i have a strange problem. i'm wondering if anyone else has seen this.

i factory reset it, and from a new setup, i can play movies through it, and cycle through the various audio surround sound modes like PLII or NEO or whatever.

but after i run audyssey, i can only do 'direct' or 'stereo downmix'. that's it. weird, huh?

i've tried turning off audyssey in the DSP options, but it still only allows me direct or stereo downmix. this seems super lame.

so, if i do a factory reset again, it goes back to working.

anyone seen something like this??
post #4131 of 4288
I love my new 787. Can someone tell me where to look to know what firmware I'm running? If there is a newer version I'm not sure I'd want to change it since this avr seems nearly perfect. I guess if it added something good or a chance for the better, I might.
post #4132 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwckdraw View Post

I'm having the clipping out problem others have talked about on my T/757, but I'm not sure how to check my firmware. My house is also full of Macs, is it possible to do the firmware w/o a PC?

Do you have a 775 or a 757? This thread is primarily for the 775/785 receivers. Not sure if the 757 uses similar firmware updates. I have not had any clipping problems in my 775. I am using the MDC modules AM200 and VM150. Everything is working beautifully and I am running the latest firmware 1.39. On my receiver, I just press down the source left and source right buttons simultaneously and it shows the firmware version for the MCU and then I can press the down key (from the circular arrangement) to get the version for other components like video and DSP. I also have an iMac but use a windows 7 laptop from work to do the firmware updates. Unfortunately, NAD uses a windows program to do the update. I wish they had a ethernet port and an embedded webserver and just use a browser to do the updates. Then we can be platform neutral.
post #4133 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSouth View Post

I love my new 787. Can someone tell me where to look to know what firmware I'm running? If there is a newer version I'm not sure I'd want to change it since this avr seems nearly perfect. I guess if it added something good or a chance for the better, I might.

On my 775, I use the source left and right simultaneously to display the firmware version on the front panel.
post #4134 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefetch View Post

i've got a NAD T777 and i have a strange problem. i'm wondering if anyone else has seen this.

i factory reset it, and from a new setup, i can play movies through it, and cycle through the various audio surround sound modes like PLII or NEO or whatever.

but after i run audyssey, i can only do 'direct' or 'stereo downmix'. that's it. weird, huh?

i've tried turning off audyssey in the DSP options, but it still only allows me direct or stereo downmix. this seems super lame.

so, if i do a factory reset again, it goes back to working.

anyone seen something like this??

What kind of source are you playing? Is it a two channel PCM or one of the fancy codecs? Depending on what you are playing, the DSP choices might be limited.
post #4135 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavchameleon View Post

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone here has the latest FW for the T785 (before the HD version). I've had mine in a box for 2 years (worked great when I packaged it). At the time I wanted Audyssey XT32 and decoding of all the new codecs and it was not available on NAD models so I went with the Denon A100 toget XT32 (very happy with this correction) and SubEQ (i'm using 2 subs). Anyway, I'm pulled out the T785 - still looks like new since it was only used for a year and may use it for another room (have not decided on that yet), but want to upgrade it with the latest FW that will work with this model.

Much Appreciated!
Ray

I believe the latest firmware version will still work with the original T785. Whenever I update my 775, it asks me what MDC modules I have and the choices are original 775/785 or the AM/VM series.
post #4136 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

Everything is working beautifully and I am running the latest firmware 1.39...

I agree with Bommai, I am running 1.39 on my T775HD with AM200/VM100 and it has been fine. No issues to report.

Anyone know what might be in V1.40?
post #4137 of 4288
I have the original T785 with V 1.18 (obviously has not been updated for some time). Can someone ping me the FW update? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray
post #4138 of 4288
It is probably better if you contact NAD through their customer service and get them to email you a link for the firmware update.

You will need a windows pc with a serial port or a compatible USB to serial converter and a straight through 9 pin serial cable. Follow directions to the T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavchameleon View Post

I have the original T785 with V 1.18 (obviously has not been updated for some time). Can someone ping me the FW update? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray
post #4139 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

It is probably better if you contact NAD through their customer service and get them to email you a link for the firmware update.

You will need a windows pc with a serial port or a compatible USB to serial converter and a straight through 9 pin serial cable. Follow directions to the T.

Thanks Bommai,

I'll do that. I wonder if they'll still give it to me consindering the age of the unit (way out of warranty). I do have the correct cable to update.

Ray
post #4140 of 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

What kind of source are you playing? Is it a two channel PCM or one of the fancy codecs? Depending on what you are playing, the DSP choices might be limited.

all ripped blurays from my own discs. but yeah, i figured it out (sort of.)

audyssey changes the speakers sizes/types, and this kills the DSP options for some reason. i don't know if it's a bug or not, but what i did was just manually put in the speaker distance and relative db values in but i left the speaker size/type alone. it works fine now. of course, i can't enjoy the key feature of audyssey without killing the DSP options, which kind of sucks.

i'll tinker with it more, but yeah, kind of lame.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The NAD T775/T785 AVRs w/ HDMI 1.3 Thread!