or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Sanyo PLV-Z2000: 1080p for under $3K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sanyo PLV-Z2000: 1080p for under $3K - Page 72

post #2131 of 2158
Has anyone calibrated their Sanyo with the Eye One Display and the HFCR sotware that is running around, if so what results did you get???
post #2132 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapper View Post

Has anyone calibrated their Sanyo with the Eye One Display and the HFCR sotware that is running around, if so what results did you get???

Where is the program located?--gil
post #2133 of 2158
The Eye one is a Colormeter that measures grayscale, etc for your dispaly in this case the Sanyo, you can buy it at Amazon the lower end is about $130 and the Software you can download it free at this Forum and instructions on how to set it up and calibrate the projector.
post #2134 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjibber View Post

Do you guys have any tips for extending lamp life?

I have had my z2000 for about a year and a half now and already have 3400 hours on the lamp and am sure it is about to fail at any second. I am wondering what reccommendations you guys have so I can make my lamps last as long as possible as I use the z2000 for all of my TV viewing and expect to keep putting quite a few hours on it.

How many hours have you guys, who have had the z2000 for a while, been getting out of your lamps?

I am not complaining as I feel I have gotten quite a few hours out of this lamp especially considering I have not done any maintenance at all to the projector.

When I turned the projector on today it said replace lamp and would not come on. I unplugged the projector and turned it back on and it came on just fine, but I am sure it is close to going at any second. It still seems plenty bright and the picture is still amazing.

What mode are you running the lamp to get this extended life?
Full blast, A1 or A2 ?
post #2135 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Arroyo View Post

CONGRATULATIONS !!
My lamp lasted just 2150 hours. Now running an Epson 8500 (blacks are terrific). gil

Lamp mode used ?
Just trying to gauge if longer lamp life is related to the mode used(full blast, A1 or A2).
post #2136 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Lamp mode used ?
Just trying to gauge if longer lamp life is related to the mode used(full blast, A1 or A2).

almost all in the economy mode--never quick off and on cycles. I think it is a crap shoot on lifetime with no owner intervention improvement. gil
post #2137 of 2158
I've been trying to search around for this. It said that the remote codes for the Z2 works on this PJ. I haven't had that much luck using them on my venerable Pronto Pro. Can anyone confirm this or are there specific hex codes for the Z2000?
post #2138 of 2158
I believe I saw IR codes on the Sanyo website if that applies.

My bulb has 2010 hrs on it and the replace lamp light has come on...Run in full lamp for movies, and Auto 1 or 2 for TV. This is my main display as I watch everything on it.
post #2139 of 2158
Does anyone know if the Z2000 does 24fps? If so, how do i set it up/confirm that? I use PS3 as my Bluray source.
post #2140 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohmony View Post

Does anyone know if the Z2000 does 24fps? If so, how do i set it up/confirm that? I use PS3 as my Bluray source.

Bump -- Did all the Z2000 users upgrade their PJs already?
post #2141 of 2158
I'm still running mine. Yes, it does 24fps. There is an information screen within the menus which displays the vertical frequency.
post #2142 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohmony View Post

Bump -- Did all the Z2000 users upgrade their PJs already?

Yes I can confirm it does 24p properly, I think everyone is too busy enjoying the projector after all the tweaking that we're not following the thread.lol
post #2143 of 2158
Still loving mine and it doesn't feel like it's been 2 years but I guess it has. Also just bought my second lamp this week.

The first one had around 2800 hours on it before I decided to replace it. This one has 2500ish and is starting to look dim.

Can't wait till it arrives... just like new projector again, woohooo!
post #2144 of 2158
Will the Z2000 fill a 110 1.78 screen from 10 to 11 ft back.
post #2145 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax View Post

Will the Z2000 fill a 110 1.78 screen from 10 to 11 ft back.

Yes Easily, I do 106" from 11 feet and still only using eco mode and its still plenty bright enough with some ambient lighting even with 800 hours.
post #2146 of 2158
I can confirm as well. I have a 114" screen and am 12-13' back. Plenty bright.

In general, I'm still extremely happy with the Z2000 and have had no inclination to upgrade. I've never had any picture issues and the most maintenance I've had to do is clean the air filter. Great PJ.
post #2147 of 2158
Hi, sorry to ask this question but my PC crashed and lost my favorites and had the Sanyo calibrations done by a couple of members on this thread and my PJ was turned off and back at default settings, would appreciate if someone could direct me to the both calibration postings.

Thanks
post #2148 of 2158
zapper, check my recent posts in this thread... I did a step/step with screenshots for the best settings I have found.
post #2149 of 2158
Thanks, gnolivos you saved my butt once again by the way I was in Ohio today but at the top end Toledo, my youngest daughter is attending the Toledo Medical school and is changing apartments in the meantime with her sorority friends for the final stretch of her school and when I was working had most of the training either in Cinci, if I remember right was in Cinci in the early 80's when that bank in downtown closed its door and people where panicking, don't blame them also had training in Cleveland and had good times on both cities, met a lot of nice Buckeyes.
post #2150 of 2158
Hopefully there are still some Z2000 owners out there who have experienced this problem and can help me out. I was messing around with menu options and I was changing the background from blue to the default setting. Just as I did this everything froze. The remote is unresponsive as are the buttons on the unit itself. It's basically the same problem this OP had http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post19676082.

Has anyone come across this problem? There are no warning lights or any other indications of a problem, short of the filter warning message being projected to the top right-hand corner of the image/screen.
post #2151 of 2158
Oh man... That's no good! Please post when you find out. My Z2000 is still running strong (knock on wood) but I understand Sanyo customer support on PJ's is rough...
post #2152 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewplen View Post

Hopefully there are still some Z2000 owners out there who have experienced this problem and can help me out. I was messing around with menu options and I was changing the background from blue to the default setting. Just as I did this everything froze. The remote is unresponsive as are the buttons on the unit itself. It's basically the same problem this OP had http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post19676082.

Has anyone come across this problem? There are no warning lights or any other indications of a problem, short of the filter warning message being projected to the top right-hand corner of the image/screen.

Have you tried disconnecting the power cord for about 5 minutes and plugging it back in?
post #2153 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Have you tried disconnecting the power cord for about 5 minutes and plugging it back in?

Yes, I've tried a variety of lengths of time ranging from 5 minutes to several hours. This is with the power cable disconnected, not just the master switch turned off.

I had forgot that these projectors have a nice 3-year warranty with them and since I bought in April '08 mine is still covered. I plan on calling Sanyo tech support when I get home from work this evening.
post #2154 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtownsend View Post
Oh man... That's no good! Please post when you find out. My Z2000 is still running strong (knock on wood) but I understand Sanyo customer support on PJ's is rough...
So far I'd have to agree. The rep I spoke to seemed generally uninterested with my problem. I have to fax them a copy of the invoice to prove the purchase date and then they're going to generate some paperwork to allow me to send it in for warranty repair. Looks like no projector for Christmas though
post #2155 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtownsend View Post

Oh man... That's no good! Please post when you find out. My Z2000 is still running strong (knock on wood) but I understand Sanyo customer support on PJ's is rough...

I just got my projector back yesterday and I was very impressed with Sanyo's service. I called them on the 20th, e-mailed my proof of purchase that afternoon and received instructions on their QRP process that evening. I packed the projector and dropped it off at FedEx that night. Sanyo received it the afternoon of the 21st and a tech repaired in on the 22nd. I guess the holidays got in the way, otherwise, I probably would have had it back within 3-4 days after shipping it to Sanyo!

The only note from the tech was that he "updated IIC data." I'm not exactly sure what that refers to, however, I guess its equivalent to a firmware update. The projector is working great again and it actually retained all of my picture settings. I didn't spend a red cent during the whole process and really couldn't be happier with the service.
post #2156 of 2158
That is awesome! Good to know there is hope!
post #2157 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewplen View Post

I just got my projector back yesterday and I was very impressed with Sanyo's service. I called them on the 20th, e-mailed my proof of purchase that afternoon and received instructions on their QRP process that evening. I packed the projector and dropped it off at FedEx that night. Sanyo received it the afternoon of the 21st and a tech repaired in on the 22nd. I guess the holidays got in the way, otherwise, I probably would have had it back within 3-4 days after shipping it to Sanyo!

The only note from the tech was that he "updated IIC data." I'm not exactly sure what that refers to, however, I guess its equivalent to a firmware update. The projector is working great again and it actually retained all of my picture settings. I didn't spend a red cent during the whole process and really couldn't be happier with the service.

Thats assuring to know.. Looks like i have a problem, On and off.. the Image seems to be flickering/shaky (if u watch it for 3/4 mts its straining on your eyes). When i recycle power to PJ and on it back - The issue is gone (till it comes up again). Will call up Sanyo CS for support on Monday.
post #2158 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohmony View Post

Thats assuring to know.. Looks like i have a problem, On and off.. the Image seems to be flickering/shaky (if u watch it for 3/4 mts its straining on your eyes). When i recycle power to PJ and on it back - The issue is gone (till it comes up again). Will call up Sanyo CS for support on Monday.

hmm.. I did call Sanyo US Support and the guy said it is the lamp most propably and he wants me to replace the lamp. I dont think i have more than 600~700 Hrs on the lamp. Could this be true?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Sanyo PLV-Z2000: 1080p for under $3K