or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Sanyo PLV-Z2000: 1080p for under $3K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sanyo PLV-Z2000: 1080p for under $3K - Page 3

post #61 of 2158
Thread Starter 
Okay, I figured out how to fix it.
post #62 of 2158
Thread Starter 
That's odd.....the title is changed within the thread but not in the actual link.
post #63 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopianemo View Post

That's odd.....the title is changed within the thread but not in the actual link.

As I recall, you can edit the title, but only for a limited time, after that it requires a moderator to make changes. As the OP, you may want to try a PM to the moderator (madpoet) yourself !
post #64 of 2158
Anybody know if the PLV-Z2000 is going to have 12v relay trigger(s)? If so, just a sinle out, or both in/out?

I would have pushed the Z series years ago if it had at least a 12V relay out to trigger a screen. There really is no excuse IMO for a $2k+ (MSRP)projector to not have 12v trigger support. Granted, there are easy work-arounds to this, but it should still be there...
post #65 of 2158
first small test:
http://www.heimkinomacher.de/news_11...Kurztest-.html

nice images. in German...hope your German is not rusty. achtung!

some paraphrasing: larger than predecessor. points out a cold-device (rather than hot-device) plug. more quiet than mitsu 5000, and apparently their new record for quietness. sanyo added filter to take care of dust...laments that others don't have it. bigger remote control, with direct choice buttons...which they also find terrific. iris can be fast or firm...but can be heard to operate in fast mode. does not take a c4h filter, because their glass filter does not fit. (apparently, they use this for tuning.) contrast is 65% better when color-corrected than plv-z5. they liked the DVD 576i mode and the 1080p mode (scaler is bypassed over hdmi if sent w/o overscan), but were not impressed by the 1080i mode (not sharp enough). They are pointing out that this is a preship model, and they hope this will improve. they plan to do a real test when the final device comes out.

and I hope this helped.

/iaw
post #66 of 2158
Let me add---is someone thinking of putting together a group buy, preferably for the avscience folks or other sponsors of avsforum? I would participate.

/iaw
post #67 of 2158
me too, me too, me too
post #68 of 2158
Wow!...this is one "ugly" looking projector....I'll be going with the new Panny 1080P which has even more lumens...
post #69 of 2158
Many thanks to madpoet -- the title of this thread is now "Sanyo PLV-Z2000: 1080p for under $3K" !
post #70 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHDMan View Post

Wow!...this is one "ugly" looking projector....I'll be going with the new Panny 1080P which has even more lumens...

Won't the 2000U be 4999$US????????????

I owned 2 Panasonic device the Ae300 and Ae500, both exhibited Lamp Flickering, i'll never go back to them until someone can prove me that it's been fixed, even the AX100 have it, there's a demo in my local store and it flicker to hell. Don't know about the AE1000 tought.. but it's too much money for my Wallet, max for me is 1999$...
post #71 of 2158
http://www.focusedtechnology.com/san...FQaXIwodq0FQKg

The street price is looking better and better...

PLUS, check it out... and i hope it's true. $300 cash rebate. Oh yeah...
post #72 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroendless View Post

http://www.focusedtechnology.com/san...FQaXIwodq0FQKg

The street price is looking better and better...

PLUS, check it out... and i hope it's true. $300 cash rebate. Oh yeah...


If they are showing it as in stock, I'm surprised its not listed with other retailers yet.
post #73 of 2158
It just showed up on a very popular projector retail site for a very nice price. An these PEOPLE know PROJECTORS
post #74 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsprance View Post

If they are showing it as in stock, I'm surprised its not listed with other retailers yet.

Can't wait for cine4home to post the review, I mean this unit has huge potential to reach $2k with rebate.
post #75 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlreddragon View Post

My very first projector was a Z4 and I loved it. If the Z2000 has good black levels then I wouldn't hesitate one second to get it. Right now I got the VW60, UB1080, and Z2000 on my list. It'll be interesting to see who pulls ahead once they're all put to the test. Right now there are just too many variables. The VW60 has to be sharper than the VW50, the UB1080 has to be cheap, and the Z2000 has to have good contrast. Oh and they all have to have vertical stretch and 1080/24p support.

I'd wait for the Epson TW2000, very promising preliminary info, but i can guarantee you that the build quality will not even come close to Sanyo. This is from a Sanyo Z3 as a first PJ guy, i loved it, now got the HC5000.

50,000:1 dynamic contrast on the Epson, LCD growing in leaps and bounds, so does devaluation (:

In reference to the Z2000 one of the "People" told me today it will be in stock around the 20th I am too chicken to be a beta tester so will let a few vets bite the bullet and comment first.
post #76 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroendless View Post

http://www.focusedtechnology.com/san...FQaXIwodq0FQKg

The street price is looking better and better...

PLUS, check it out... and i hope it's true. $300 cash rebate. Oh yeah...

Yes, I saw that rebate too -- starting to salivate ! If they are in stock, then we should start seeing reviews soon! If the Powerlite HC 1080 UB is relatively expensive, the Sanyo at that price is turning into a no brainer.
post #77 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorS View Post

Yes, I saw that rebate too -- starting to salivate ! If they are in stock, then we should start seeing reviews soon! If the Powerlite HC 1080 UB is relatively expensive, the Sanyo at that price is turning into a no brainer.

This will be nothing but good news. The panny and UB will now be forced to break the 3k barrier.
post #78 of 2158
It's all good news because all of these 1080p unit's are coming out around the same time. We'll be able to see how they compare in performance, and then hopefully there will be some healthy competition in the pricing
post #79 of 2158
Great news,Can't wait to see the reviews.BOB
post #80 of 2158
not clear to me from this thread if this PJ displays 24fps or does 3:2 pulldown, no specs on Sanyo's site, thanks
post #81 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoohki View Post

Won't the 2000U be 4999$US????????????

I owned 2 Panasonic device the Ae300 and Ae500, both exhibited Lamp Flickering, i'll never go back to them until someone can prove me that it's been fixed, even the AX100 have it, there's a demo in my local store and it flicker to hell. Don't know about the AE1000 tought.. but it's too much money for my Wallet, max for me is 1999$...

I started out with Panasonics also. AE100, AE500, AE700. All had problems. Then I moved on to Optoma. Even worse. I hear good quality, for the most part, comes from Sanyo. Although it is a bit ugly and the name Sanyo doesn't exactly have much coolness to it.
post #82 of 2158
Do we have valid MSRP prices on the EPSON and Panny?
post #83 of 2158
Quote:


the name Sanyo doesn't exactly have much coolness to it

You should have seen the face of my dealer when i asked about Sanyo projector. He said they don't sell "cheap"... , i meant we only sell high end projector. LOL.
post #84 of 2158
At least their &COUGHT&BULB&COUGHT&DON'T&COUGHT&FLICKER&COUGHT

LoL i Had 2 Pana, 1 sanyo. Sanyo is flawless since 2 years. Had multiple problems with AE300 and AE500 with bulb flickering. Saw a AX100 the other day in a store, the bulb was flickering ... 4 gen later... so i'll probably never buy a Pana Projector ever again..
post #85 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroendless View Post

You should have seen the face of my dealer when i asked about Sanyo projector. He said they don't sell "cheap"... , i meant we only sell high end projector. LOL.

Sanyo projectors made in Japan are amazing pieces of engineering, perfectly matching surfaces, tight tight tolerances. Read on Z series and you will find a lot less complaints and defects than in any other PJ group, correct me if i am wrong please!

Unfortunately, on the street the marque is synonymous with WalMart junk, and the shelves at that and other Chinese direct import retailers bear testimony with hundreds of pieces destined for obscurity. Trust me, i had grave reservations and did an extra month of research before i got the Z3. I will spring for a Sanyo again anytime, BUT NO OFF WHITE BRICKS PLEEEEASE !
post #86 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZ View Post

I started out with Panasonics also. AE100, AE500, AE700. All had problems. Then I moved on to Optoma. Even worse. I hear good quality, for the most part, comes from Sanyo. Although it is a bit ugly and the name Sanyo doesn't exactly have much coolness to it.

I'am a solid Sanyo fan since my Z4. I'll continue to buy their products and i'am recommending it to my friends when they ask..
post #87 of 2158
After dealing with projectors like Optoma and Panasonic, reliability has just as much or more value, to me, than a name or sleek look. I'm definitely going to consider this one as my next projector. Although the look of the Pearl and the JVC don't hurt when it's hanging in a living room.
post #88 of 2158
If the new Sanyo displays 1080p24 at multiple of 24Hz and it is on the same PQ level as the other 1080p LCD models I think I found my new HD projector.

I bet by this time next year most 1080p LCD unit will be streeting for under $2k unless there is another technology breakthrough that they can price gouge us for.
post #89 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigW View Post

If the new Sanyo displays 1080p24 at multiple of 24Hz and it is on the same PQ level as the other 1080p LCD models I think I found my new HD projector.

I did see SOMEWHERE????

That it did support 1080p/24.

Maybe the manual will be online soon to read it.
post #90 of 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post

I did see SOMEWHERE????

That it did support 1080p/24.

Maybe the manual will be online soon to read it.

I spent plenty of time searching online and found nothing regarding 24fps support . Here's the response I got from Sanyo support:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...8&postcount=36
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Sanyo PLV-Z2000: 1080p for under $3K