Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
I just got back to my hotel after attending Toshiba's CEDIA press confrence with Jon Spackman, AVS HD DVD/BD Moderator.
The theme was Star Trek and the presenters and the stage was set with Star Trek memobelia. The first presentation was all about their new LCD panels, however, I'll just discuss the HD DVD side of the presentation here.
Here's the jist of the new news.
1. All Gen 3 players will be packed with Born Idenity and 300.
2. Buy a HD DVD player and the Star Trek box set and their is a mail-in rebate for a Star Trek HD DVD phaser remote control unit, very cool looking and sound effects.
3. The 5 fre HD DVD movies wil be extended til 2/28/08 and new titles are added to the selection. xBox and notebook PC with HD DVD drives will qualifly for the 5 free HD DVD movie offer.
4. Just considering Warner, Universal, Paramount, Dreamworks and Dreamworks Anamation more than 125 new titles will be release by the end of '07.
5. Shinco, Ventura, Alpine, Onkyo and Integra and the 3 new Gen 3 HD DVD players will all ship by early Q4 '07.
6. Total HD DVD player unit sales are expected ot reach more than 30 million stand alone units by the end of '07.
7. Amazon and ValueEletronics.com report the A2 is the #1 best seller.
8. According to NPD daa, BD stand alone players have 16% market share, while HD DVD enjoys a 33% market share, while SD DVD holds 51%.
9. All studios are going to expand the conectivity features, like on the Star Trek HD DVD you can connect to CBS' server and get a tour of the Star Ship Enterprise.
10. All Toshiba products are Earth friendly and will carrythe "Earth Protection" logo on their packaging. Their is a long list of thigs Toshiba has developed to ensure their Earth friendly complayance.HD DVD boldly goes where no other format has gone before.