or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Moonlight (CBS)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Moonlight (CBS) - Page 5

post #121 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycruiser View Post

Perhaps she has found a cure for vampirism.

Doubtful, as Joseph had stated, you cannot cure what you are. As Garrett pointed out, maybe she was wearing some sort of human pheromone made to fool Nick. I guess we won't know unless the show plays out, which I seriously doubt.
post #122 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Doubtful, as Joseph had stated, you cannot cure what you are. As Garrett pointed out, maybe she was wearing some sort of human pheromone made to fool Nick. I guess we won't know unless the show plays out, which I seriously doubt.

Ok, let's get his name right, it's Mick not Nick I like the show a lot, and hope it makes it.
post #123 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

I only have one nit about Friday's show. Covering the tattoo with makeup was fine but how come Nick couldn't smell her for what she was? We've been led to believe that the sniff test was a foolproof way of determining if the person is a vampire. Perhaps there's a special antiperspirant for Vamps.

If "Moonlight" makes it through a full season, I suspect that we'll be seeing more on this storyline. It seemed very apparent to me that the producers were leaving more than a few threads hanging loose at the end of this show so that they can continue this storyline.

It worked on me -- I very curious to see how they resolve the apparent contradiction. And I'll be very annoyed if the show goes off the air before they do get to resolve it.
post #124 of 283
I'd really like to see another season as well, but with the strike going on, are we even going to see all of the first season? I thought there was an episode or two that wasn't finished or something.
post #125 of 283
It was an okay episode, but one thing I am starting to get annoyed with is how Mick gets his ass kicked every week. It's one thing to be weaker than an older vampire (i.e. Lola, aka the smoking hot Holly Valance, that pimply face teen who was 200 yrs. old) because that's how the lore goes, but he should not have had any problem taking a recently turned vampire like tonight. Instead, aside from a well placed sword strike, that serial killer was owning Mick.
post #126 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

It was an okay episode, but one thing I am starting to get annoyed with is how Mick gets his ass kicked every week. It's one thing to be weaker than an older vampire (i.e. Lola, aka the smoking hot Holly Valance, that pimply face teen who was 200 yrs. old) because that's how the lore goes, but he should not have had any problem taking a recently turned vampire like tonight. Instead, aside from a well placed sword strike, that serial killer was owning Mick.

Yep...there's alot they could do to tighten up the vamp lore, make it logical and basically...just better, but they seem to be focusing and doing a pretty good job on developing the Beth/Mick relationship. I agree this was a very weak episode and Mick needs to vamp-up or become the Nero Wolfe or Ms. Marple of the bloodrinking set.
post #127 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Yep...there's alot they could do to tighten up the vamp lore, make it logical and basically...just better, but they seem to be focusing and doing a pretty good job on developing the Beth/Mick relationship. I agree this was a very weak episode and Mick needs to vamp-up or become the Nero Wolfe or Ms. Marple of the bloodrinking set.

That was interesting, and surprising, that Beth has now made the connection. Actually, perhaps they are planning for the eventual demise of the series. That way, it could stand up as a "mini-series".

It would be nice if freshmen series could use that concept as a model. At least then people who put in the investment of time would at least have a conclusion of sorts.
post #128 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

That was interesting, and surprising, that Beth has now made the connection. Actually, perhaps they are planning for the eventual demise of the series. That way, it could stand up as a "mini-series".

It would be nice if freshmen series could use that concept as a model. At least then people who put in the investment of time would at least have a conclusion of sorts.

It's funny, but the shows that do that sort of thing best are often the ones that are the most successful - and don't need to. I found that more often than not, the prematurely cancelled shows are often the ones that have a long lead-up to a cliff hanger. Jericho is the most recent example, though it did get a stay of execution for a few episodes. Off hand, The Pretender is another one that comes to mind.

Sure, some successful shows end a season with a cliff-hanger, but that event usually comes about well toward then end of the season after the success or failure of the show is more obvious. Lost is a good example of this - each cliffhanger "holy cow" moment has been within the last minute of the show and could simply be left out if it didn't look like it would eventually be resolved.

Perhaps maybe that's because a truly good show that people are drawn to doesn't need a gimmick to get people to come back.
post #129 of 283
I missed something from last week's episode with the ex-wife (is your wife an ex if you kill her?) What happened the the guy that was her accomplice? Was he a vamp? Did Mick kill him...I must have missed it if he did. If he "got away," why didn't Mick try to find him to pump him for info?
post #130 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

It's funny, but the shows that do that sort of thing best are often the ones that are the most successful - and don't need to. I found that more often than not, the prematurely cancelled shows are often the ones that have a long lead-up to a cliff hanger. Jericho is the most recent example, though it did get a stay of execution for a few episodes. Off hand, The Pretender is another one that comes to mind.

Sure, some successful shows end a season with a cliff-hanger, but that event usually comes about well toward then end of the season after the success or failure of the show is more obvious. Lost is a good example of this - each cliffhanger "holy cow" moment has been within the last minute of the show and could simply be left out if it didn't look like it would eventually be resolved.

Perhaps maybe that's because a truly good show that people are drawn to doesn't need a gimmick to get people to come back.


Amen to that.

In general, I have come to distrust "cliffhangers" these days----especially the ones where everybody dies. Smallville (though I still like the show) is notorious for that. Usually within 10 minutes of the next season's opener, everybody is alive again with some absurd explanation.

Anyway, I do hope this show manages to survive into a second season. I think that the writers could have some fun with continuing to revise vampire "canon".

Like the comments from other posters....maybe the strength and abilities of a newly turned vamp come from the quality of the blood of the one turning him/her. So the scary cult guy vamp could have gotten better juice from the scary priest vamp than Mick got from his scary dead ex-possibly-alive-undead wife.
post #131 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

Amen to that.


Like the comments from other posters....maybe the strength and abilities of a newly turned vamp come from the quality of the blood of the one turning him/her. So the scary cult guy vamp could have gotten better juice from the scary priest vamp than Mick got from his scary dead ex-possibly-alive-undead wife.

Yeah, a quick explanation during Micks narrative to explain vamp logic would be helpful. Something like Anne Rice's lore...a combo of who made you and age = potency, trumped by getting an occasional drink from the Queen of the Damned, creates a real badass.
post #132 of 283
I as well thought he should have dispatched the new guy faster. But maybe now he'll use that sword more often.
post #133 of 283
Quote:
Women’s Murder Club won the 9p-10p slot in terms of viewers, but Moonlight won the 18-49 demo and handily...

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2007/11/17...r-win-for-cbs/
post #134 of 283
Quote:


But Moonlight did improve the viewership too compared to last week and has shown CBS it is series people watch
post #135 of 283
The Ex Wife being "human" holds out the "carrot" of a possibility that Rick,......er..Nick,..er..Mick .. Can someday be normal, & be with the Hot Blonde (that seems to have no problem cheating on her current boyfriend.. )
Also , there seems to be WAY too many vampires, just in the 4 mile radius of Mick's city alone ...
Unless 95% of vamps all live in MIck City, there can't be such a huge population all these years without more widespead knowledge, & blood drained body havoc ...
post #136 of 283
Los Angeles is a bit more than 4 miles square, in fact, Los Angeles is one of the 5 largest cities in the world in square miles with over 2500 sq mi in area, there's a reason it's the freeway capitol of the world.
post #137 of 283
And that's just LA proper, the many adjoining cities add up to a sprawl larger than some small countries.
post #138 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

And that's just LA proper, the many adjoining cities add up to a sprawl larger than some small countries.

Yup, the greater LA metro area is the largest "city" in the world. LA is over 2.5 times the size of the state of Rhode Island. (that's one of the reasons I don't live there anymore )
post #139 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Yup, the greater LA metro area is the largest "city" in the world. LA is over 2.5 times the size of the state of Rhode Island. (that's one of the reasons I don't live there anymore )

...and for the trivia buffs:

1. Sitka, Alaska (2,874 sq.miles)

2. Juneau, Alaska (2716.7)

3. Anchorage, Alaska (1697.2)

4. Jacksonville, Fla. (757.7)

5. Anaconda, Mont. (737)

6. Butte-Silver Bow, Mont. (716.1)

7. Willow, Alaska (684.8)

8. Healy, Alaska (669)

9. Oklahoma City (607.0)

10. Houston (579.4)
post #140 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

...and for the trivia buffs:

1. Sitka, Alaska (2,874 sq.miles)

2. Juneau, Alaska (2716.7)

3. Anchorage, Alaska (1697.2)

4. Jacksonville, Fla. (757.7)

5. Anaconda, Mont. (737)

6. Butte-Silver Bow, Mont. (716.1)

7. Willow, Alaska (684.8)

8. Healy, Alaska (669)

9. Oklahoma City (607.0)

10. Houston (579.4)

1. Sitka, Alaska (2,874 sq.miles)<- with a population density of .3 people per sq mi.

Where did you get that list? I seen a few and they all seem to list different cities than those.
post #141 of 283
San Francisco - 7sq.mi.
post #142 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

1. Sitka, Alaska (2,874 sq.miles)<- with a population density of .3 people per sq mi.

Where did you get that list? I seen a few and they all seem to list different cities than those.

That list was from the Houston, TX architecture forum. I thought it was kind of funny because since I have lived here in Jacksonville, FL, all I've heard from people here was that it is the largest city in the continental U.S. (obviously not by population, but by size). Now I can tell them about Sitka!

I also checked here:

http://geography.about.com/od/specif.../sitkaarea.htm


Semi-back on topic, I presume there would be real slim pickings for a vampire in Alaska!
post #143 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

Semi-back on topic, I presume there would be real slim pickings for a vampire in Alaska!

I think Mick's on a diet...only takes a 1/4 glass at a time. Must be one of those small multi meal jobbers.
post #144 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

I think Mick's on a diet...only takes a 1/4 glass at a time. Must be one of those small multi meal jobbers.

O, don't B negative, B positive. I give him an A+ not an A- for keeping his weight down. (The first, and hopefully last of the "blood" jokes).
post #145 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by taffyrose View Post

But Moonlight did improve the viewership too compared to last week and has shown CBS it is series people watch

You're missing the point. the 18-49 win is really the important number. That's the one advertisers really care about.
post #146 of 283
If you guys are interested in ratings, check here. Read the comments from "Friday 11/16/07". There are some really great discussions with the majority thinking ML will get a full season pickup, and possibly getting a second season if the 18-49 numbers stay consistent. It's holding the 18-49 audience from Ghost Whisperer which is good news.
post #147 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroguy View Post

It's holding the 18-49 audience from Ghost Whisperer which is good news.

That's really saying something considering what a worthless POS Ghost Whisperer is.
post #148 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

That's really saying something considering what a worthless POS Ghost Whisperer is.

There are a couple of good things about it.
post #149 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

There are a couple of good things about it.

Indeed! Plus, it's has some excellent PQ to be able to see those things clearly.
post #150 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Indeed! Plus, it's has some excellent PQ to be able to see those things clearly.

You guys are talking about owls, right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Moonlight (CBS)