or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HDTV Software Media Discussion › You know you are addicted to AVS Forum if...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you are addicted to AVS Forum if... - Page 4

post #91 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlw2000 View Post

...you are on vacation and willing to spend $40 to get internet access for the week so I can read AVS .

Sounds like you were on a cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaesare View Post

- You have a dual head machine with monitors at 1600x1200, and you STILL don't have enough screen real estate when responding to a thread and cross referencing all the links you need to add at the same time!

The mikemorel corollary...When you are responding to two different threads simultaneously, and reference the wrong link to each. I hate it when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soremekun View Post

...you have more people in your ignore list than your email block list.

The howardstern corollary... When you don't put anyone on your ignore list because you want to hear what they'll say next, no matter how much you can't stand it.

One more...

When you actually know how to use the "multi quote" feature to reply to posts.
post #92 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post

We should number all of these and when we catch someone doing one of the, we can just say, "guilty of #22."

Now, what is the number for posting close to midnight....

...when somebody mentions posting at midnite and you think to yourself, 'Wait... that's considered EXTREME??'
post #93 of 257
+1
or you make your staff to wait for you at a meeting so you can post about being a poster (happening right now...)
post #94 of 257
I have to add this....

...When you have to ask the admins to please ban your IP for you can not get any work done.

(This is true and has happned like 7 times that I recall.)
post #95 of 257
....When you tell your wife (who never goes near this place) about a postand she knows who you're talking about--- by name.
post #96 of 257
...each day you post the new distance you are sitting from your display (and whether you can see the SDE).

...you're not aware there are new shows starting soon, because you're too busy "Discovering" when you're not posting.

...you saw none of the touchdowns last weekend, because you were adjusting colors.
post #97 of 257
...When hanging out with the guys means posting on AVS.
post #98 of 257
Your wife just left you and walked out the door and you didn't notice!
post #99 of 257
...when you decide not to buy a movie because another poster said it was not good.
...when you decide not to buy a movie because a post reveals the bit rate is low.
post #100 of 257
- Rather than call your wife by her name, you slip and refer to her as "J6P".
post #101 of 257
...when you bring your BlackBerry (et el) to a place of worship, funeral, wedding, movie theatre, and use said device to check AVS while the event is going on.
post #102 of 257
When you watch Star Wars and see a blue light saber you think of Blu-ray. And when you see a red light saber you think of HD-DVD (and the evil empire).
post #103 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelrio View Post

- Rather than call your wife by her name, you slip and refer to her as "J6P".

rofl.
post #104 of 257
When a great episode of your favorite show is over, you run upstairs to the computer to see what everybody else thought about it.
post #105 of 257
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post

When you watch Star Wars and see a blue light saber you think of Blu-ray. And when you see a red light saber you think of HD-DVD (and the evil empire).

I think we need a new thread that says, "you know are addicted to the format war if....."

post #106 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by soremekun View Post

...when you bring your BlackBerry (et el) to a place of worship, funeral, wedding, movie theatre, and use said device to check AVS while the event is going on.

I've done that at school, while out with friends in the bar, at a movie theater, and even while stopped at a red light.

AVS Mobile = Crack.
post #107 of 257
...when you tell other posters, your friends and your family you're "bi" and proud of it.
post #108 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrebnh View Post

...you boycott going to see a movie at the theater because its studio supports the other format.

...You boycott going to movies because it will be better at your house when it comes out on video.
post #109 of 257
- You gauge a woman's attractiveness with a bit-meter.
- Your wife tells you she's "in the mood" and you say, "Not tonight. I'm watching Hairspray."
- You plug your laptop into your TV so you can surf AVS at 1080p.
- You're unhappy with the pixelated look of the forum smileys.
post #110 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

You are treated as an expert on everty possible HT subject in PMs just because you have an astronomical post count

You refer to fellow AVsers like pop stars that only have one name eg Darin, Amir,Cineramax and everyone knows who you are talking about.

ROFL!!!!
post #111 of 257
You know your an AVserrrrr when..

you start calling everyone Big Dog?

you see the RS2 rumors, then immediately have panic attacks about your RS1 purchase.

You understand the importance of fruit pizza.

You have Avsforum as your home page on every PC/Mac

You Have played the whose theater this is game.

You can state LFE range of various movies.

Receive random requests from people you have never met to stop by.

All of these are good things just so you know...
post #112 of 257
...your wife asks "How much is there to learn about HD, and will you ever be done?"

I'm afraid of the answer...
post #113 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by bviss View Post

...You boycott going to movies because it will be better at your house when it comes out on video.

guilty!
post #114 of 257
...it's 3 in the morning, the kids are crying, your wife has packed her bags, because you're staring at the monitor and screaming "XXX went neutral!!!"

(edit: don't worry, it didn't happen to me ...... yet )
post #115 of 257
I found out I was addicted as soon as my wife pointed out that every conversation at supper I had with her or our 6 year old daughter always had me saying somewhere along the line " Well you know what this guy on the forums wrote today......"

I needed help and maybe still do.
post #116 of 257
This is my 3rd post ever and I am scared!!!

- Peter
post #117 of 257
When you have built three theaters in the same house with in two years.
post #118 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

+1 ...this one really bothers me. Especially when that is all the post consist of. Post Whoring, is what it looks like.

+1











Ok, you knew someone had to do it.
post #119 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Kellogg View Post

When you have built three theaters in the same house with in two years.

I going to make a ban list starting with you and Art of home theater links I won't click on because they make me too damn jealous!
post #120 of 257
When you watch Star Wars and see a blue light saber you think of Blu-ray. And when you see a red light saber you think of HD-DVD...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Software Media Discussion
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HDTV Software Media Discussion › You know you are addicted to AVS Forum if...