or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › JL Audio Gotham 213 In Stock In Milwaukee
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JL Audio Gotham 213 In Stock In Milwaukee

post #1 of 114
Thread Starter 
We have received our JL Audio Gotham and have it set up in our showroom for demos if anybody would like to set something up to see it please feel free to give us a call.

Global Sight & Sound
611 N. Mayfair Rd
Wauwatosa WI
414-475-7171
post #2 of 114
Perhaps you could snap some photos and post them here.
post #3 of 114
Thread Starter 
I will do that tommorow morning but hearing and seeing it in person is an experience in itself.
post #4 of 114
how much??
since your advertising it on here i'm sure you have a great avs forum discount for the members here??
post #5 of 114
hmm I think the retail is 11K
post #6 of 114
Sweet I'm on my way there again for work, I'll have to check it out.
post #7 of 114
Thread Starter 
Not really looking to sell only because they are next to impossiable to get your hands on. The price is 11000 if anyone would be interested. I just wanted to let anyone who lives close and had an interest in hearing and seeing it to know that there is one on display.
post #8 of 114
To bad I am so far away I would love to hear one
post #9 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike View Post

Perhaps you could snap some photos and post them here.

Yeah, take some pictures, the gotham is one great looking sub!
post #10 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Global S&S View Post

Not really looking to sell only because they are next to impossiable to get your hands on. The price is 11000 if anyone would be interested. I just wanted to let anyone who lives close and had an interest in hearing and seeing it to know that there is one on display.

for 11 grand, i would want mine brand new in the box

for that money, you could get 7 svs pb13-ultra's

actually, you could probably get 9 with the discount of such a large purchase (i've inquired)
post #11 of 114
I don't think the Gotham is really trying to be the biggest bang for the buck any more than the Velodyne 1812 does.
post #12 of 114
i know, the gotham is going for accuracy (i hope)

it's still a fun comparison
post #13 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by otk View Post

for 11 grand, i would want mine brand new in the box

for that money, you could get 7 svs pb13-ultra's

actually, you could probably get 9 with the discount of such a large purchase (i've inquired)


By this logic people would buy a few of Nissan G35X's in place of a BMW M6 or a Porsche GT2...

The people who will buy the Gotham do not care how many lesser subs you can buy. The Gotham is a gorgeous,luxurious piece of high end audio. As great as a Fathom f113,SVS Ultra 13 or competitors are the Gotham has a level of quality not found in any sub under 5K.The cabinet itself makes all the MDF boxes look and feel like...budget units.

Would I buy ten lesser tube amps in exchange of my Tenor Audio OTL's...NEVER.
post #14 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Global S&S View Post

We have received our JL Audio Gotham and have it set up in our showroom for demos if anybody would like to set something up to see it please feel free to give us a call.

Global Sight & Sound
611 N. Mayfair Rd
Wauwatosa WI
414-475-7171

Is this the store that used to be called "Flanner and Haffsoos" at the Mayfair Mall? When I lived in Milwaukee some 24 years ago, I used to frequent that store. It was a great high-end store back then. (It likely still is, if you're carrying the Gotham ).

Craig
post #15 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEAR View Post

By this logic people would buy a few of Nissan G35X's in place of a BMW M6 or a Porsche GT2...

The people who will buy the Gotham do not care how many lesser subs you can buy. The Gotham is a gorgeous,luxurious piece of high end audio. As great as a Fathom f113,SVS Ultra 13 or competitors are the Gotham has a level of quality not found in any sub under 5K.The cabinet itself makes all the MDF boxes look and feel like...budget units.

Would I buy ten lesser tube amps in exchange of my Tenor Audio OTL's...NEVER.

oh, hi ear, i've missed you

my post was more of a playful, time to waste at work, non logical post (people do do that here from time to time)

i saw the gotham video, very impressive

when i was 18, i used to own a brand new 1987 buick grand national which was the fastest production car that year, actually, it was the fastest production car out of detroit in 20 years (at that point). maybe it's just my illogical self but i wouldn't have traded it for one of those slower porches or vettes for anything in the world. they might have been able to go around corners faster but i would have been at my destination already

live long and prosper
post #16 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by otk View Post

oh, hi ear, i've missed you

my post was more of a playful, time to waste at work, non logical post (people do do that here from time to time)

i saw the gotham video, very impressive

when i was 18, i used to own a brand new 1987 buick grand national which was the fastest production car that year, actually, it was the fastest production car out of detroit in 20 years (at that point). maybe it's just my illogical self but i wouldn't have traded it for one of those slower porches or vettes for anything in the world. they might have been able to go around corners faster but i would have been at my destination already

live long and prosper

I'D much rather have the Grand National/GNX than a Porsche. They have become nothing more than Hopped up Volkswagen
post #17 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike View Post

I don't think the Gotham is really trying to be the biggest bang for the buck any more than the Velodyne 1812 does.

I could buy several 18" drivers for the price of a Gotham so it definitely is far from bang for your buck. Heck, you could probably buy 2 fathoms for the price of a gotham (Im pretty sure)

The gotham is just so beautiful to look at.

post #18 of 114
You can easily get three Fathoms for the price of one Gotham but yes, they are gorgeous. They also look menacing at the same time.
post #19 of 114
Beautiful.
Absolutely stunning.
When is the quad 18" W8 version due?
post #20 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacksfan51 View Post

......than a Porsche. They have become nothing more than Hopped up Volkswagen

Sorry, there is so many things wrong about that statement that I don't know where to begin. Have you even driven a Porsche lately? But alas, this is an audio forum and I don't want to get into arguments and get this thread closed.
post #21 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

Sorry, there is so many things wrong about that statement that I don't know where to begin. Have you even driven a Porsche lately? But alas, this is an audio forum and I don't want to get into arguments and get this thread closed.

A wise man...
post #22 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post

I could buy several 18" drivers for the price of a Gotham so it definitely is far from bang for your buck. Heck, you could probably buy 2 fathoms for the price of a gotham (Im pretty sure)

The gotham is just so beautiful to look at.


Drooling uncontrollably on my screen. Anyone want to buy my pair of F113s so I can buy this? Just kidding, my room layout suits the pair of F113s better. Maybe I can convince my wife that I need 2 gothams?
post #23 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bogg View Post

Drooling uncontrollably on my screen. Anyone want to buy my pair of F113s so I can buy this? Just kidding, my room layout suits the pair of F113s better. Maybe I can convince my wife that I need 2 gothams?

While your at it, convince my wife!
post #24 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

Is this the store that used to be called "Flanner and Haffsoos" at the Mayfair Mall? When I lived in Milwaukee some 24 years ago, I used to frequent that store. It was a great high-end store back then. (It likely still is, if you're carrying the Gotham ).

Craig

Flanner's still exists, but has located several miles west. They are a separate business. Some of my existing equipment is from there.
post #25 of 114
Thread Starter 
yes we are definatly not flanners but we have been in milwaukee for 25 years and do carry quite a few high end lines such as jl, lexicon, sunfire, fujitsu and many others.
post #26 of 114
Thread Starter 
once your wife sees how well the gotham looks it wont take that much convincing it may just be the 11k that takes some convincing
post #27 of 114
As beautiful as that is, wives usually just don't get it.
post #28 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Global S&S View Post

once your wife sees how well the gotham looks it wont take that much convincing...

Wanna bet?
post #29 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike View Post

As beautiful as that is, wives usually just don't get it.

So true. So many times I'm fondling some beautiful piece of gear and my wife comes over and says "that's ugly".
Er, that didn't sound right.
post #30 of 114
Thread Starter 
well i guess you just have to tell them how its going to be then just kidding we all know that wont work
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › JL Audio Gotham 213 In Stock In Milwaukee