I don't see how this sub would be a better choice than the SVS SB12Plus
The SB12 is/has
- about the same size (just slightly larger 13.5 x 13.5 x 14.5)
- uses a superb 12 inch custom driver (much better than most other drivers in this price class)
- 45 day trial guarantee
- more power: 425W bash vs 300W
- has room compensation and one band PEQ to get a flat response for almost any room (this is a BIG advantage IMO)
- more inputs/outputs
- excellent verified specs (flat down to 22Hz anechoic which is excellent for a small sub)
- superb build quality
Originally Posted by JJ666
I might take a look at the SVS SB-12. I hear it's a pretty good sub. I have orbs right now. This is the only reason I was thinking of staying with an orb sub because I'm not sure how another brand of sub would sound with the orb sats.
How a sub sounds is a matter of your room and the way it integrates with your mains. Integration is done by calibrating its controls and choosing your location carefully. With all the options that the SB12 has (PEQ, room, phase, high level inputs and outputs), there is no way that SB12 cannot be successfully integrated with ANY speaker.