or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Burn Notice on USA HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Burn Notice on USA HD - Page 2

post #31 of 1225
Topics merged.
post #32 of 1225
Caught some of the Burn Notice marathon today on USA--in HD. A little soft, but better than the SD version.
post #33 of 1225
Thread Starter 
Ok, July 10th at 10pm is the premiere for season 2. There's an extended scene at the official USA site...here.There are some clips of the actors discussing the show, etc. Fun!

Here are the titles for the first four new eps:
July 10th: Breaking and Entering
July 17th: Turn and Burn
July 24th: Trust Me
July 31st: Comrades

Can't wait!!!
post #34 of 1225
Thread Starter 
While nosing around on the official site (see post above) I discovered that Tricia Helfer is going to be in the cast. She plays Carla (at least that's what Michael calls her). Lucy Lawless, now Tricia Helfer. Next thing you know, we'll have Edward James Olmos on.
post #35 of 1225
Those of you relying on EPGs for scheduling, TitanTV has all of the showings of "Breaking and Entering" listed as repeats, even the first one.
post #36 of 1225
In case you haven't seen it, http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....rd-a-talk.html is a must read for fans of Burn Notice.
post #37 of 1225
Thread Starter 
^^Thanks so much Jabba. That's a great interview of Matt Nixon. The guest stars for this season look awesome! I'd already seen the first clip, but the second is CLASSIC. I laughed out loud. Man, the 10th seems so far away.
post #38 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsimnal View Post

Next thing you know, we'll have Edward James Olmos on.

He could reprise his role from Miami Vice and come back as "retired Lt. Castillo."
post #39 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

He could reprise his role from Miami Vice and come back as "retired Lt. Castillo."

Dude....that's actually a good idea...
post #40 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Dude....that's actually a good idea...

Nah, neither Olmos nor his character would be 'light' enough for a dramedy like Burn Notice. Dexter would be the better choice, and we still hang onto the Miami connection.

__________________________________________________
Palladin

Chance favors the prepared mind
post #41 of 1225
just finished 13 episodes from the first season. fiona = i'm in love.
post #42 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeykid View Post

just finished 13 episodes from the first season. fiona = i'm in love.

You can check out Gabrielle Anwar in the first season of "The Tudors", she played Henry's sister.
post #43 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post

Nah, neither Olmos nor his character would be 'light' enough for a dramedy like Burn Notice.

Miami Vice had Phil Collins as a guest actor. If Vice can get away with that, I think Burn Notice can squeeze some laughs out of Olmos.
post #44 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeykid View Post

just finished 13 episodes from the first season. fiona = i'm in love.

Tell me about it. I'd like to eat her............. I mean that I can eat her up.
post #45 of 1225
Love this show and Michael/Fiona are outstanding together .. I'm hoping these two are going to get back together in season 2 .
post #46 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFH View Post

Tell me about it. I'd like to eat her............. I mean that I can eat her up.

Then you'd have to consider her an appetizer. Not a lot of meat on those bones.
post #47 of 1225
Gabrielle Anwar did some brief nude scenes in Body Snatchers (1983). I've adored her ever since.
post #48 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggo View Post

Gabrielle Anwar did some brief nude scenes in Body Snatchers (1983). I've adored her ever since.

1993. In 1983 she was only 13 years old.
post #49 of 1225
First fell in love with her with Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken.
post #50 of 1225
I hope they do season 3 in Miami. It's a nice economic boom for us. Please support this show.
post #51 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post

I hope they do season 3 in Miami. It's a nice economic boom for us. Please support this show.

I would expect that a broadcast network show like 'CSI Miami' would contribute to the local Miami economy by a significant higher amount than this little cablenet show. But both combined won't amount to the proverbial hill o' beans - a small fraction of a percent of Miami's local economy I would suspect; barely even measurable. Unless you personally are involved in the local TV production scene, of course. That's a different story.
post #52 of 1225
LOL, CSI Miami is NOT filmed here. They only fly in to shoot some outdoor shots a couple of times a year and that is it. Same thing with Dexter. There actually was a big article in the Miami Herald regarding this show and it was very informative. Unfortunately the high insurance rates thanks to the horrible hurricane seasons we've had year have scared off film production. Also with the poor economy, film subsidizing may get cut as well. Burn Notice executives admit that is one of the main reasons why they chose our market. The film was originally going to be set for Newark.

Here is one of the articles that was in my paper.

http://www.miamiherald.com/business_...ry/595214.html

Quote:


Burn Notice expects to spend about $12.5 million in Florida this year filming the second season, as Westen grapples with his shattered career, clingy ex-girlfriend and other hassles awaiting him back home in Miami.

Also I don't have the face nor body for television. Just a guy trying to support his local market in the face of poor economic times.
post #53 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsimnal View Post

Ok, July 10th at 10pm is the premiere for season 2.

Man! Either I'm gonna have to give up a show or record this at a different time. I have Swingtown and Fear Itself then as well.

Can't wait for the days when DVRs allow you to record two shows and watch a 3rd. You know they'll eventually figure out how to make them, if they haven't already.
post #54 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Man! Either I'm gonna have to give up a show or record this at a different time. I have Swingtown and Fear Itself then as well.

Can't wait for the days when DVRs allow you to record two shows and watch a 3rd. You know they'll eventually figure out how to make them, if they haven't already.

All dual tuner DVR's will allow you to record two shows while watching a third previously recorded. To watch a third show not already recorded would require, obviously, a third tuner in that one box. Doubt you'll ever see that. But you could get another DVR, and have 4 tuners - that's what I do. And if I ever need a fifth, I can record OTA to my computer. Hasn't happened yet.

Besides, Burn Notice, being a cablenet show, is repeated several times during the week including 3 hours later that same "night". But I can't promise your DVR won't just up and quit on principle when it discovers those two shows you say you're recording Thursday night at 10.
post #55 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

All dual tuner DVR's will allow you to record two shows while watching a third previously recorded. To watch a third show not already recorded would require, obviously, a third tuner in that one box. Doubt you'll ever see that. But you could get another DVR, and have 4 tuners - that's what I do. And if I ever need a fifth, I can record OTA to my computer. Hasn't happened yet.

Besides, Burn Notice, being a cablenet show, is repeated several times during the week including 3 hours later that same "night". But I can't promise your DVR won't just up and quit on principle when it discovers those two shows you say you're recording Thursday night at 10.

With the advancements being made every day with electronics, no offense, but it would be ludicrous to say there will never be a DVR that has three tuners. I bet people never imagined DVRs at all 10 years ago and look at us now.

As for the two other shows, actually, I only record one while I'm watching the other, but I could see myself giving up Fear Itself because frankly that show really does suck.
post #56 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

With the advancements being made every day with electronics, no offense, but it would be ludicrous to say there will never be a DVR that has three tuners. I bet people never imagined DVRs at all 10 years ago and look at us now.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done; sure it could. In fact, I believe one or both of the satellite services have DVR's with 3 tuners, but only one is OTA. I guess what I meant to say is that I can't see a cable company offering a DVR for lease with more than 2 tuners; they wouldn't see a need.

Incidentally, I believe they've tested DVR/drive combos that can record up to 10 HD streams at once, and play back an 11th. I guess just to prove it's possible.
post #57 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I'm not saying it couldn't be done; sure it could. In fact, I believe one or both of the satellite services have DVR's with 3 tuners, but only one is OTA. I guess what I meant to say is that I can't see a cable company offering a DVR for lease with more than 2 tuners; they wouldn't see a need.

Incidentally, I believe they've tested DVR/drive combos that can record up to 10 HD streams at once, and play back an 11th. I guess just to prove it's possible.


Yeah, I have DirecTV and my box only has 2 tuners. At least that's what the installer told me. He didn't go into anything about OTA as I never asked.

Anyway, didn't mean to get this topic off track. Back to Michael Weston.
post #58 of 1225
Westen. They've shown it on screen, always spelled Westen.
post #59 of 1225
Thread Starter 
Well, we've got less than 12 hours until the east coast broadcast of season 2's first episode. I'm so excited! Definitely recording it, will have to rewatch it with everyone who can't see it tonight. I need me some Sammy.
post #60 of 1225
I'm excited...too bad USA-HD is the worst looking HD channel on Comcast...oh well, better than the 4:3 like last year
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Burn Notice on USA HD