or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › D-cinema Equipment and Theaters › Helene: Prototype system of tomorrow...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Helene: Prototype system of tomorrow... - Page 4

post #91 of 792
Thread Starter 
Hi Greg,

I have not hooked it up yet. It came with a disk power supply and usb cable as well as a disk receiver tray.

I will let you know how it works. I relocated the test/development server to the closet.



Media Loading simulated.

ACRONOVA DUPLIQ USB

post #92 of 792
Thread Starter 


Hey Ruben we need more cotton panels...









Ok the surround speakers are going back up 80" to the bottom, instead of 72" to the top as the drawing was calling.
post #93 of 792
Thread Starter 


Somehow the cad guy is having a hardtime grasping the TORUS concept.

In an ever escalating ANSI CR quest this should be the mother of all ANSI.
post #94 of 792
Thread Starter 
post #95 of 792
Is it Helene that has the Thigpen Rotary sub ?

Art
post #96 of 792
Thread Starter 
The rack in the mechroom is now this one from Omnimount.


And this is the HP RACK LCD KEYBOARD.

post #97 of 792
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

Is it Helene that has the Thigpen Rotary sub ?

Art

Yes shooting under the seats. Hope they keep some prep H arround the house.
post #98 of 792
Thread Starter 
FINALLY I FIND A CAMERA THAT CAN DO THIS...



post #99 of 792
I know the TRW will be reproducing the Infrasonic content, will there be a subwoofer(s) to fill in the space between the mains and the TRW? If so, where do you plan on placing them?
post #100 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

Hi Greg,

I have not hooked it up yet. It came with a disk power supply and usb cable as well as a disk receiver tray. Yesterday I found the oEM thoruogh google but I can't find it now.

I will let you know how it works. I relocated the test/development server to the closet.



Media Loading simulated.

That autoloader would be really freakin' sweet if it could just load dvds with its own drivers with anydvd running in the background...
post #101 of 792
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post

I know the TRW will be reproducing the Infrasonic content, will there be a subwoofer(s) to fill in the space between the mains and the TRW? If so, where do you plan on placing them?

Yes there are two JL audio Fathom 113's going in up front slightly sideways' unequidistant (that's a tongue twister).

I am sure there are no complains there, right?
post #102 of 792
Thread Starter 
Great news... but I can't post them. At this point I can only say one thing to anyone considering a Sim 5000 or RuncoVX-44/55.

(That is my third ,final and yet most earnest redundant post).
post #103 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

Yes there are two JL audio Fathom 113's going in up front slightly sideways' unequidistant (that's a tongue twister).

I am sure there are no complains there, right?

Those JL's are great subs with excellent build quality but personally I am more of a bang for the buck type of guy

Is the DBox going in the Helene system?
post #104 of 792
Thread Starter 
no.
post #105 of 792
Wow, the Nazis had tanks that were made by Barco?
post #106 of 792
Thread Starter 
LOL!

Let's clarify the humorous montage follows my post analyzing the Industrial design of the Barco.



I compare it to the tiger 2 mega tank of ww2. Interestingly 13 of these were abandoned in Belgium in the Ardeness forrest not too far from Kuurne where Barco's are made.

The scene depicted above is from the Hollywood made film The Battle of the Bulge, one of my favorite 3 HD DVD's.

[POLITICAL DISCLAIMER: My Granfather had an interesting link to the White House during WW2, of which I am very proud. Having Graduated in 1904 from Harvard with FDR, he was able to obtain insider information to preempt Germany's declaration of War to the US by 48 hours with the Cuban Declaration of war to Nazi Germany (largely symbolic and for oneupsmanship, yet a few U-Boats were sunk). In addition the same contact was used to get a Checkoslovakian family of 8 (Pilsner Master Brewers) out of a cruiseship that was denied entry into Havana port(see movie SHIP OF FOOLS),several vessels were returned to Nazi Germany for final destination in Poland. Hey the list was shorter than Schindler's, but life is life. Therefore I come from a family that fights opression and tiranny in every shape way of form, therefore my admiration for the movie Battle of the Bulge, and my respect for German Engineering at it's best are well reconciled with my political views]. There.
post #107 of 792
Kind of an eerie resemblance there! Looks like it's built like a tank.
post #108 of 792
Thread Starter 
The projectors are designed by a chick no less. I am sure she went to one of the museums where the T2 is shown and got inspired.

I say it is fitting becacuse with the MIT/Cineramax DP1500 offensive we are definetley going to make a Bulge in the underperforming supposedly high end market. This time however we fully expect to lick the competion.
post #109 of 792
Awesome stuff, for sure. Now tell me where I can get a job that pays enough that it'll allow me to afford this!



CJ
post #110 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

The projectors are designed by a chick no less. I am sure she went to one of the museums where the T2 is shown and got inspired.

I say it is fitting becacuse with the MIT/Cineramax DP1500 offensive we are definetley going to make a Bulge in the underperforming supposedly high end market. This time however we fully expect to lick the competion.

Peter,
What is the final on off CR on that unit after modification ?


Art
post #111 of 792
Thread Starter 
They can make it to 5k like DPI did, but due to 3-d capability desireability they will come out initially at 4k-1. There are some concerns with the dmd temperature. Still if only at 4k, the level of excellence in all other aspects will more than earn the PJ the Blue Ribbon.

I am now looking at Dolby digital servers, as I believe it will be far easier with this superencrypted stuff for the owner of a digital cinema projector to rent a cartridge at the same time the Bel Air crowd does. We will see. My immmediate goal is Beowulf in 3-d, with the 3-d starwars down the line.
post #112 of 792
i had a phone conversation with barco in belgium 1 hour ago about such a pr.

they told me that till today they not decided to make such pr. but
it is very likely that they will have such a high cr. 1500 unit till middle 2008.

i ask about what they can get out in cr. and they told me that with this new
0,98" cinema chip (that is btw already dc4!) they will get 3000:1 or a bit more.
post #113 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Mayer View Post

i ask about what they can get out in cr. and they told me that with this new
0,98" cinema chip (that is btw already dc4!) they will get 3000:1 or a bit more.

Is this native or D65?
post #114 of 792
i not ask about it but i guess because the guy know me and you
that i talk about d65.

i am not sure but if that is at nativ than where is the improvment?

my christie have at d65 today over 2600:1.
to bad that christie "only" have a fix focus lens 1.2 that have a adjustable
cat eye iris.
post #115 of 792
The improvement is from native 2000:1 with the 1.3" DMD to 3000:1 with the current smaller DMD. Unfortunately, my guess is that he was talking about native. I am also guessing that the best they will do is 4000:1 at very tight D65 and about 4500:1 with dE increased to 2, which would still be better color performance than any consumer projector.
post #116 of 792
Thread Starter 
I think it is around 4k d65 with the aperture plate in.
post #117 of 792
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Mayer View Post

i not ask about it but i guess because the guy know me and you
that i talk about d65.

i am not sure but if that is at nativ than where is the improvment?

my christie have at d65 today over 2600:1.
to bad that christie "only" have a fix focus lens 1.2 that have a adjustable
cat eye iris.

Wolfgang the projector is made in Kuurne but selected components are made in the USA for a Barco Var that caters to postproduction. This is not a fantasy. Most likely there will be demoes come January.
post #118 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

The guy did not pass out, it's a zombie, and he has an electric guitar traversing his head (hence the brains on the floor), there is another Zombie playing the guitar and an Atomic mushroom cloud as the backdrop.

Can you post a close up of that tat?

BTW, nice theatre!
post #119 of 792
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber View Post

Can you post a close up of that tat?

BTW, nice theatre!

For you anything is possible.



His Metal band is touring now.

He also delves in 8bit Metal:
post #120 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

For you anything is possible.

His Metal band is touring now.

He also delves in 8bit Metal:

Sweet. It looked like a work in progress since it was only in the outline stages. It looks like it is turning out good. Thanks for posting it!

LOL, that 8-bit metal is pretty funny!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: D-cinema Equipment and Theaters
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › D-cinema Equipment and Theaters › Helene: Prototype system of tomorrow...