Looks and feels awesome. I have been a Yamaha fan for a loooong time.
Wanted to try Denon. Got this for $130! Could not say no!
My setup is:
2 Energy C-7 (Fronts)
1 Energy C-C1 (Center)
2 Energy C-R3 (Rears)
1 Energy 12 Subwoofer
2 Old Infiniti satellites (not connected, don't know what to do with them in this setup, yet)
Comcast Cable box (Motorola) via Component cables
Sony PS3 via HDMI
Pioneer DVR via component
Older [c. 2004-5] Samsung DLP 50" TV (1080i)
VanSevers Super Companion PLC
Have read some forums, manual and played with the remote. Sound is decent, not in awe yet (vol seems low)! Some questions:
1. Anything very basic I need to do first?
2. I have decided to keep all my main and surround speakers in the front (surrounds on top of the fronts
, since I cannot drill holes in the back wall of my rented condo.
3. Have not run Audyssey yet (waiting for the Mic).
4. I noticed that the levels for the channels were at different #s: for example:
FL = -2.5 db
FR = -3.5 db
C = -1 db, and so forth.
Should I set these to the same #? And does it matter what # that is? And when I do that, shd I set the Vol knob to 0 db (max.)?
5. In the future, I want to add 3D capability. Will that mean primarily upgrading my TV, or can I pull it off without upgrading anything?
6. Networkable only thru' ipod 3N/W, correct? Can it ever play my media from my network drives?
Thank you all for contributing to this thread. It always amazes me when I see a thriving online community. Again, thank you. Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings.