I'm having trouble assigning my iPod Dock (ASD-3N) to my AVR-988.
I used the menu picks (Menu -> Input Setup -> Assign). In this assign menu (3-1 Assign), I set:
HDMI ................ None
Digital In............ None
Component In..... None
It looks like this works. The selection is renamed to VCR/iPod (or DVR/iPod, etc. depending on which port I'm assigning) on the VAVR-988 display. This all seems okay.
The problem is, I don't see a menu for the iPod. According to the Owner's Manual, I should now have a new menu option (Menu -> Input Setup -> iPod)
I'm not able to see the menu: 3-5 iPod.
The real problem is that when I select the assigned port (DVR/iPod), I don't get any video or sound when I've docked an iPod.
I don't have access to the internet radio either.
Here's what I've tried (in rough order)
- assigning to 3 different ports (VCR, DVR, HDP) with the corresponding cable changes
- swapped out the supplied iPod dock cable with 2 RCA, 1 S-video, 1 3.5mm stereo
- read the Owner's Manual
- searched this thread & other Denon threads in the Receivers, AMPs & Processors forums
- reset the microprocessor in AVR-988
(I know it worked because I had to rename my ports to Comcast, etc)
- looked through the very readable docs at: www.batpigworld.com
- called & talked to Denon Tech Support
- reset the iPod Dock (paperclip in small hole bottom front, suggested by Denon Tech Support)
I know all the hardware works (or worked at one time) because I've used the internet radio feature before.
Any clues? What should I try (or re-try)?
At a high level, should I be able to configure the port on the AVR-988 and then see the 3-5 iPod menu even without hooking up any cables?
Should I be looking at: AVR-988 menu issue, cable/connections, or the iPod Dock?
Thanks for any guidance/suggestions.Edited by deedub_63 - 9/12/12 at 11:00pm