or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Chuck on NBCHD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chuck on NBCHD - Page 2

post #31 of 4046
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJW View Post

It is 2007 - how much more does it cost to air it in HD 16x9? I don't get it, this is a show they want to succeed, right?

What are you talking about? Chuck was in HD and 16x9 where I live.
post #32 of 4046
mah.... laughed twice... i dont see this show surviving past fall...
post #33 of 4046
Excellent show, really enjoyed it. Great pilot, the previews look even better.
post #34 of 4046
DC had an HD/16x9/5.1 mix version (nice 5.1, by the way). KNBC should have aired the HD version. Maybe you mis-tuned to the SD feed or something?
post #35 of 4046
Hokey, dumb show. Won't last. Season pass cancelled after one episode.
post #36 of 4046
I liked it. I disagree about the lack of comedic timing for chuck... the wife and I thought that his timing was similar to Ryan Reynolds but with less sarcasm. I appreciated the underware shots as well.
post #37 of 4046
It was hidef in Milwaukee, although my guide said it wasn't.

From a show perspective, obvious plot holes, silly and at the beginning I was not sure about it, but in the end it grab us. We'll watch it next week.
post #38 of 4046
I'll give it another chance next week, if for no other reason than Yvonne Strzechowski is burned into my brain. Wow.
post #39 of 4046
i mean the episode was meh, the problem is this kind of show never lasts. It is supposed to be funny but turns out to be more of the same every week.

Shows like Burn Notice and others are good because its serious with some funny.

IMO
post #40 of 4046
Here in Albuquerque our network affiliates spend too much time eating red and green chiles to pay attention to network feeds. Our NBC affiliate is probably the worst missing the HD markers from network all the time. Because of this I wont be watching chuck since I gave up after the second commercial break on no HD. Luckily KKOB woke up in time for heroes and journeyman.

Sad thing is KRQE is our CBS affiliate who never has problems and is asking for a carriage fee, and thus is only available in HD OTA. We get what we pay for apparently.
post #41 of 4046
I like it. It's amiable. Compare with Big Bang Theory (low brow and heavy handed) it's comic gold. and the girl is cute. I'll be back.

I do agree the premise may be limited. Something like this probably works much better as a 2 hr movie. We'll see.
post #42 of 4046
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

This show needs more Hero of Canton...

Ha! "Hero of Canton." Sweet reference.
Man I miss that show...
post #43 of 4046
This show looked great in HiDef, although I hate, hate the snipes that preview the upcoming shows at the beginning of each return from commercial break.

But looking good isn't enough.

I mean, really....

I guess I just didn't get it. All that hype and this is what we got? Frankly, I miss Studio 60, compared to this stuff.

It isn't funny enough to be a comedy. It isn't serious enough to be a drama. It isn't realistic enough to be a thriller. A it isn't smart enough to be a satire.

I just don't like it.
post #44 of 4046
I thought it was excellent; certainly had my son, (16), and me laughing multiple times. Season pass set-up.

BTW: HD here but guide didn't show it.

Bish
post #45 of 4046
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhdtv View Post

I thought the "fruit of the loom" ad inserts looked marvelous!!!!!

I can't believe that scene with Sarah in her underwear got past S&P, especially for an 8pm show. One shot really skated the edge. I'm not complaining, though.

I really enjoyed this episode, but I don't know how it'll hold up for a whole season or more. (I mean, doen't the info in his head become less and less useful over time?) The whole concept sounds like it would've worked better as a feature film.

I'll be coming back for more... and having Yvonne Strzechowski and Julia Ling in the cast definitely doesn't hurt.
post #46 of 4046
the show was alright, and while i'd like it to succeed (most shows take a few episodes to get into the swing of things - look at The Office and Heroes), I don't think this one has that special hook that sets it apart. This is a 6-and-outer at worst, and at *best* a 1 season show.
post #47 of 4046
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsArcade View Post

I can't believe that scene with Sarah in her underwear got past S&P, especially for an 8pm show. One shot really skated the edge. I'm not complaining, though.

Who's got the screen caps? Come on AVS, you guys record everything!
post #48 of 4046
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottro View Post

Who's got the screen caps? Come on AVS, you guys record everything!

Seriously, stop teasing us and show us what you mean.
post #49 of 4046
Well it seems as though some got the feed in HD and others didn't. What's the excuse, Heroes and Jouneyman were presented in HD.

TWC Los Angeles / SouthBay
post #50 of 4046
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would (actually giggled a few times).

I think the only reason I even tuned in was because of the constant promotion of it that NBC had been airing for the past few weeks.

Agree with others that this one won't last long. It seemed more like a movie, than a serial television show. Over time it will be hard to keep the plot line semi-believable. I'm also guessing the explosions / car chases make it fairly expensive to produce.

Yvonne however (yowza!), has likely received a lot of attention and has set her self up for a lot more parts in TV and movies.
post #51 of 4046
awww, cmon... the one where he's explaining his 'Medal of honor' blisters? nice.

The wifey and I enjoyed it, good, light fare. "Record all episodes".
post #52 of 4046
DVR missed it for some reason - have to catch the pilot online.
post #53 of 4046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoraudio View Post

awww, cmon... the one where he's explaining his 'Medal of honor' blisters? nice.

The wifey and I enjoyed it, good, light fare. "Record all episodes".

The game was "Call of Duty"

Pretty sure NBC is repeating Chuck on Saturday.
post #54 of 4046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Punter View Post

The game was "Call of Duty"

Pretty sure NBC is repeating Chuck on Saturday.

My guide is showing Heroes at 8:00, Bionic Woman at 9:00 and L&O:SVU at 10:00. I'm sure it's subject to change, but that's what it's showing right now.
post #55 of 4046
The 1st half of exposition (necessary) to setup the 2nd half was a little slow. But it definitely got better in the 2nd half and - like everyone else, I'll throw in an additional Yowsa! for Yvonne/Sarah. That is one gorgeous hunk of lady. I'll be back for more of both (the show and her).

If you want to see what was probably her most/best revealing and appealing scene -
http://uncutvideo.aol.com/tags/yvonn...b1d539?index=2
post #56 of 4046
I'm predicting it'll last....one season, anyways. The shows that don't grab me always make it.
post #57 of 4046
Whole family enjoyed it.

Guess he won't have much real time info available in future episodes though.
post #58 of 4046
I liked it a lot. It was silly but smart. Maybe it won't run for seven years, but if they can keep the pop references, the lingerie scenes, and the tongue-in-cheek action, I'll watch.

From this day forward every big box store I mention in any context will be referred to as LargeMart.

Did anyone notice that the bomb's timer stopped at 0000000:07 a la Goldfinger?
post #59 of 4046
basically a waste of an hour...had high hopes for it...30 minutes of story then juvenile iblonde chick body clips.
post #60 of 4046
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJW View Post

It is 2007 - how much more does it cost to air it in HD 16x9? I don't get it, this is a show they want to succeed, right?

- It was HD 16:9 here in CT. Great picture too.

I liked the pilot. I'll definitely be back next week since it was silly and had some funny moments.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Chuck on NBCHD