Originally Posted by The Batman
If you don't mind my asking, why do you think the game is flawed?
1. The controls. While the camera angle has changed, the controls essentially remained the same. The character is still moved in a tank-like, point-in-direction-before-moving fashion.
2. No strafe firing. I don't think games should be uber realistic but come on, if I were facing down a mob of bloodthirsty parasite infested villagers with only a pea shooter handgun, you're darn skippy I would move and shoot instead of just staying still.
3. Camera angle. The over the shoulder view is improved from the fixed camera angles of the past but when Leon draws his gun, visibility on the left side is diminished.
4. The story. It's pathetically bad.
5. Ashley. RE4 is essentially a 75% escort mission game.
Don't get me wrong, RE4 is a great game, just not a high 9s to 10s game. I'd give it a solid 8.5-9.0.