or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › DirecTV HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DirecTV HDTV - Page 427

post #12781 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3trojan View Post

Got the latest FW (HR-24) and I can't find anything wrong with it. Dare I say they got it right finally?

Version please? Slow response issues fixed (fingers crossed)?
post #12782 of 14741
I have the HR 24-500. The software version is Ox59e. My HR 24 also runs slow & to help fix that problem, I do a reset (red button). That does help until such time as the receiver is running slow again. You should have the latest software version, but if not, after you hit the red reset button, and when the Directv welcome screen appears, hit the numbers 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote and the receiver will then check for a new software update. Hope that helps.
post #12783 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhard911 View Post

version please? Slow response issues fixed (fingers crossed)?

0x5c8 and I did find one thing. When i deleted a show it took a while to respond but channel changes and trick play features seem to be back.
post #12784 of 14741
Am I wrong or does the 'red' button no longer work on sports stations to bring up all sporting event scores?
post #12785 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 View Post

Am I wrong or does the 'red' button no longer work on sports stations to bring up all sporting event scores?

Haven't tried 'em all, but it worked from FSD for me last night.
post #12786 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 View Post

Am I wrong or does the 'red' button no longer work on sports stations to bring up all sporting event scores?

I don't know for sure if it matters, but I was trying to use that feature and it wasn't working, the thing is I was viewing a recorded game and even though I was current with the "live" game it wasn't working. When I view a game live it works. Haven't verified that difference as a fact, but it seemed to work for me.
post #12787 of 14741
I was watching the Dodgers on 693 live and it worked on my HR24.
post #12788 of 14741
I just tried it on both YESHD and ESPNHD with no luck

This is on a H23, I will try it on my DVR's again later.
post #12789 of 14741
If you're recording Treasure Island on Syfy better check it. They seem to have gotten the dates screwed up so it's not seen as a new program. Mine wasn't recording the second 2 hours.
post #12790 of 14741
My HR34 recorded the 6pm - 8pm CST Treasure Island and is currently recording the 8pm - 10pm showing.

I might have set mine up manually, however, as I could tell it looked weird in the guide when I set it up.
post #12791 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

My HR34 recorded the 6pm - 8pm CST Treasure Island and is currently recording the 8pm - 10pm showing.

I might have set mine up manually, however, as I could tell it looked weird in the guide when I set it up.

HR24 here - I can't remember how I set it up either, except that I did have it as a series recording (but I might have manually selected the first (7-9 EST) episode. First aired date is showing 01/01/2012 for me.
post #12792 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 View Post

Am I wrong or does the 'red' button no longer work on sports stations to bring up all sporting event scores?

The sports stations I have tried it on still works. I have noticed if you press Exit either out of the banner and/or out of the Score guide it will disable it until you turn off that channel and then come back to it.
post #12793 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

The sports stations I have tried it on still works. I have noticed if you press Exit either out of the banner and/or out of the Score guide it will disable it until you turn off that channel and then come back to it.

The only thing I haven't tried is resetting my boxes. Since it still works for others I will have to investigate it further as it seems to be something in my system.

Thanks for the help guys.
post #12794 of 14741
Does anyone know if there is a way to search for movies in HD with a minimum popcorn (fans) and/or tomato (critics) rating? I have an HR-34 and am still trying to figure out the interface. Thanks in advance for any hints.
post #12795 of 14741
I know it's pretty much moot as far as HD goes, but is anyone else having trouble with D10/119 recently?

99-101-103-110 are all still 90+

Since the trouble started with spring leaf growth, I've been assuming that it's some kind of (tree) blockage (or LNB/wiring.) I just wanted to check and make sure the satellite is healthy and not wobbling about, before I take any further action.
post #12796 of 14741
Active xponders on 110 8, 10, and 12 are showing 87, 94, and 89 here in Texas using slimline 5.
post #12797 of 14741
I do not know if this has been already reported here, but MeTV is now being simulcast on Channel 20 in Los Angeles, in addition to Channel 56-3.

The major significance is that now ALL Los Angeles DirecTV subscribers can watch MeTV without an OTA antenna and AM21 receiver...

Check out Svengoolie on Saturday nights --- reminds me of his predecessor, Marvin, on Shock Theater in Chicago late 1950s...
post #12798 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 View Post


The only thing I haven't tried is resetting my boxes. Since it still works for others I will have to investigate it further as it seems to be something in my system.

Thanks for the help guys.

Once I reset the box the scoreguide returned.

Thanks for the help
post #12799 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3trojan View Post

Active xponders on 110 8, 10, and 12 are showing 87, 94, and 89 here in Texas using slimline 5.

Thanks ... 110 not the problem (getting 92, 95, 97 there) ... it's 119 that's the issue.

As far as I know, the only thing that matters in my case is one SD LiL on spot beam @ 119 which I don't care about ... and guide data, which I might care about, if that's the only guide data stream these days. HR21 complained about not receiving any guide data for an hour, which is what alerted me to the signal loss. Anyway, I take it from the general lack of screaming on the interwebs, that it's probably a "local" installation issue.
post #12800 of 14741
I have the hr23 and ever since the update it's been sooooooo sloooow. Press list, wait 2, 3, 4 seconds for it to pop onto the screen. EVERY command is like this. Doesn't help that the remote that came with it was a POS and I have to slap it around so it will work. Been this way since the day I had the box and remote replaced. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
post #12801 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

I have the hr23 and ever since the update it's been sooooooo sloooow. Press list, wait 2, 3, 4 seconds for it to pop onto the screen. EVERY command is like this. Doesn't help that the remote that came with it was a POS and I have to slap it around so it will work. Been this way since the day I had the box and remote replaced. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

What software version do you have? I received an update a little over a week ago and my receivers have been running much quicker and smoother. Also, call DirecTV and have them send you a new remote. Just let them know that yours no longer works.
post #12802 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

Thanks ... 110 not the problem (getting 92, 95, 97 there) ... it's 119 that's the issue.

As far as I know, the only thing that matters in my case is one SD LiL on spot beam @ 119 which I don't care about ... and guide data, which I might care about, if that's the only guide data stream these days. HR21 complained about not receiving any guide data for an hour, which is what alerted me to the signal loss. Anyway, I take it from the general lack of screaming on the interwebs, that it's probably a "local" installation issue.

My bad. Must be an installation issue. Active xponders on 119 21-32: 6 of them are 100, 3 are 99 and 81 and 88 on the others.
post #12803 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

As far as I know, the only thing that matters in my case is one SD LiL on spot beam @ 119 which I don't care about

Only thing I will say about that, do you have any (119) SD locals, that are NOT duplicated in HD, that you DO watch? If so, you'll still have issues with them, as they (the 119 SD markets) are NOT duplicated whatsoever on the Ka birds.

Quote:
... and guide data, which I might care about, if that's the only guide data stream these days. HR21 complained about not receiving any guide data for an hour, which is what alerted me to the signal loss.

If you have an SWM (single wire) LNB, the guide data is pulled from the 101 bird, which then wouldn't matter if you lost 119. But since your receiver IS complaining about "no guide data", I'm assuming your LNB is a legacy. (4-output version) NO, it is not the satellite & YES, you WILL continue to have guide issues...

If you cannot "fix" a tree/leaf issue, (either by doing trimming or moving the dish) you could simply change your legacy 5LNB to a 3LNB type. It's as easy as swapping the LNB, then re-running the dish setup on each receiver to a (legacy) 3LNB type. You would NOT have to alter anything else in your setup; of course, you will NOT get anything off the 110 (no loss there) or 119 birds anymore. (possible SD locals, spanish prog, a few music channels & a couple of free religious PI channels) You can find these LNB's pretty cheap on flea-bay...
post #12804 of 14741
Try doing a reset via red button and see if your back to normal after that firmware update....
post #12805 of 14741
I recently upgraded to a HR-24 and the remote is the RF one.

Now the Remote is very sensitive in that it jumps lines.
For instance : If I hit the 3 button it will add 2 or 3 3's.
If I scroll down it will skip a few lines.

I have had the remote for about 2-3 years and used it with no issue on a HR-21

Anything I need to correct and is it a receiver issue or remote incompatibility

Thanks,

Greg
post #12806 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post

Only thing I will say about that, do you have any (119) SD locals, that are NOT duplicated in HD, that you DO watch?

Yeah ... one CW that's actually a sub-channel on my CBS affiliate, but I have backups including an HD affiliate OTA from the next DMA over. So no big deal there. The LiL is feed is the lowest priority choice.

Quote:


If you have an SWM (single wire) LNB, the guide data is pulled from the 101 bird, which then wouldn't matter if you lost 119. But since your receiver IS complaining about "no guide data", I'm assuming your LNB is a legacy.

You are correct ... Legacy 4 wire/WB68 setup. At this point, the guide data is the bigger concern.

Quote:


If you cannot "fix" a tree/leaf issue, (either by doing trimming or moving the dish) you could simply change your legacy 5LNB to a 3LNB type.

I managed to get the local spot beam xponder (25) back up to 88% (should be 100) ... I don't suppose there's any way to just force the receiver to use 3LNB without changing the LNB assembly on the dish???

Thanks for the input ... I mostly just wanted to be sure that there wasn't an issue with the satellite(s) before I start "fixing" things. ... I haven't been keeping up with all of the technical issues for the past year or two.
post #12807 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHergenrader View Post

What software version do you have? I received an update a little over a week ago and my receivers have been running much quicker and smoother. Also, call DirecTV and have them send you a new remote. Just let them know that yours no longer works.

Sorry but a new remote is not going to fix his problem, its the software. He should call and demand an HR24, but D* can't guarantee that either.
post #12808 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

I don't suppose there's any way to just force the receiver to use 3LNB without changing the LNB assembly on the dish???

Unfortunately not. But a little FYI...if you had SWM system, the guide info ALWAYS comes from 101 - regardless if you have a 3 or 5 LNB.
post #12809 of 14741
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPatrol View Post

Sorry but a new remote is not going to fix his problem, its the software. He should call and demand an HR24, but D* can't guarantee that either.

He said in his post that his remote doesn't work well either. Two separate issues so he needs to call and get a new remote, too.
post #12810 of 14741
I just saw E! has finally gone HD, my god that's nearly 10 yrs later than everyone else. Seriously, things looks so much better esp the Kardashians I just watched their wedding train wreck for the 1st time this morning. They were clawing at each other days before the wedding...not a good sign.

Anyways there's another show biz family making their debut this month Meet Mrs Eastwood & co. so those who tune in the Kardashians will prob enjoy this too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › DirecTV HDTV