I promise I will summarize this once I am done...but for now...I have taken my projector apart to deal with the assumed dust blobs that are noticeable on red screens (see my postings of Netflix pics above).
Here is the projector apart. This is easiest part.
1. Unplug Projector
2. Tilt Lens to point up and lock it in. This is to ease he removing of the cover]
3. Remove all the screws that have Arrows
4. Remove screws from the back panel where all your Input connections are
5. [Gently remove cover
Should look like this
This is the tricky, be careful, part:
You must disconnect the ribbon cables.
To disconnect (on the PT-AX200u as I am unsure of other models), you must, push the BLACK sliders on each end of the GREY ribbon bar towards the hole where the ribbons comes from. You can gently use your fingernails for this but be gentle.
It will look like this once they are slid back.
Now, do all of them and then
1. Take off the screws holding that circuit board down
Now...my questions...before I start "dusting". What am I looking at here?
2. Be sure to have removed the screws from the outside, rear, Input panel. (this will allow the panel to move out of the way to remove the circuit board.)
3. Disconnect several of the wires but you can leave the bunch of connections in the upper right quadrant as you will then be able to fold over the panel exposing the lens and polorizer panels.
I see for each Red, Blue, Green ribbon configuration, 2 sets of glass "panels". One on the outside and one on the inside. What are these? Are both polarizers?
As you will see in the image below, I point out the 2 RED glass panels and 2 GREEN glass panels.
What is panel 1 and what is panel 2?