or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Official AX-200 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official AX-200 Owners Thread - Page 4

post #91 of 3108
Quote:


Panasonic product management confirmed it with me today prior to the posting of the review. It was a late change to the product that the dealers probably hadn't heard about yet.

Was just looking at the PP site and they have a two year warranty form that you fill out if you buy from Sept 20 thru Nov 30.
post #92 of 3108
Greetings from Germany,

are there new pictures of the AX200 with HD-DVD, Blu ray or DVD material? I ordered the AX200 this week in Germany and should become it till Friday. Thean i will post pictures and first impressions.

Saint
post #93 of 3108
The link on the PP page says:
"Free 2nd Year Warranty ($250 value). Only valid on purchases made from authorized Panasonic dealers. (emphasis mine)

The TOP of the Panasonic pdf form seems to support this:
Receive a 2-year warranty with the purchase of a PT-AX200U...2 year warranty is only valid if purchased through an Authorized Dealer or Authorized Reseller, with proof of purchase.


However, at he BOTTOM of the same pdf:
"purchase a new Panasonic PT-AX100U projector from an Authorized dealer or Authorized reseller in the United States (or PT-AX200U-EC from Panasonic Direct), between September 20, 2007 to November 30, 2007."

So... PP is saying it's for the AX200 from any authorized dealer, Panasonic is saying, well,... that and something else entirely.
Which is it?
post #94 of 3108
I don't trust anything PP posts. They say valid "only until October 31.2007 in their blurb under the PJ. The rebate form is so messed up, stating in places it's for an AE100U, AX100U, and a AX200U. Plus it's good if you buy before November 30, 2007.

Is it truly a "REBATE" or is it going to be a 2 yr warranty period, no rebate to turn in. I'd wait for a reply straight from Panasonic instead.
post #95 of 3108
I just got mine temporarily hooked up and so far am very pleased with it. I threw in a SD of Monsters Inc to see some color and it's great. I'm not returning my HD 70 until tomorrow so I can do some comparative testing tonight. Light control isn't a problem in the basement but I turned on half the lights to see how bad it got and it hardly affected the picture. The colors certainly pop more in a darkened room but with almost enough light to read the picture was still great and the colors vibrant. Take my opinions with a grain of salt because I am very much new to front projection but my initial impressions are that I'm very happy with the Panny and I can mount in almost anywhere I please as compared to DLP.
post #96 of 3108
I returned an AX-100U earlier this year because of a color uniformity problem (left side of screen shifted to blue and right side shifted to red and noticable on real content, not just test patterns) and virtually no difference between eco and normal bulb mode (hurt blacks in cinema1 mode and picture too bright for my 92 inch screen even in eco mode) . Any word on these two issues from new owners?
post #97 of 3108
Did I order the wrong cable? I just noticed and would appreciate you guys chiming in. Why do I need a Component VIDEO from the receiver to the Panny AX200 which is what I bought? I thought the HDMI was carrying the video and that I needed an audio cable from the Panny to the receiver?
Did I but the wrong cable? Take a look at the Pic I attached. I will have the HDMI and I thought this cable for the audio. Help!!!!!

HD-A2 >> HDMI >> SR800 AVR
HD-A2 >> Digital audio (coax or optical) >> SR800 AVR
Comcast DVR >> HDMI (or Component video if no HDMI) >> SR800 AVR
Comcast DVR >> Digital audio (coax or optical) >> SR800 AVR
Wii >> Component video >> SR800 AVR
Wii >> stereo audio (red/white) >> SR800 AVR
SR800 AVR >> HDMI >> Panny AX 200
SR800 AVR >> Component video >> Panny AX 200
LL
post #98 of 3108
I think the component cable is to carry the Wii signal through the sr800av then to the Panny.
post #99 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post

I just got mine temporarily hooked up and so far am very pleased with it. I threw in a SD of Monsters Inc to see some color and it's great. I'm not returning my HD 70 until tomorrow so I can do some comparative testing tonight. Light control isn't a problem in the basement but I turned on half the lights to see how bad it got and it hardly affected the picture. The colors certainly pop more in a darkened room but with almost enough light to read the picture was still great and the colors vibrant. Take my opinions with a grain of salt because I am very much new to front projection but my initial impressions are that I'm very happy with the Panny and I can mount in almost anywhere I please as compared to DLP.

Mark F,

Can you please show screenshot examples of what you're talking about from 10 feet seating distance? (with no light control, with light control).

Thanks,
ELmO
post #100 of 3108
Just got off the phone after calling the number on the rebate form and they were not familiar with the form. They said since it is so new that don't know about it yet. They are supposed to check on it and get back to me.
post #101 of 3108
Ended up ordering the AX200U with a DaLite Hi Contrast Matte White Screen. I was going to order Hi Power but the Projector People convinced me that it was not a good screen for that much brightness. Hope to post up posative reviews when I get it!!!
post #102 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspianM View Post

You really like to go to extreme bashing when it comes to Sony! Don't you?!!
Sony is brighter than panny when everything is said and done with movies with higher ansi and on/off. I own one and it is no dim with my 98"wide (not diagonal) but I am in the market for a pj with CH capability.


98in that is a little screen Caspian.When you want to play with the big boys get a real screen and a ax200 and it will light it up.We need a forum for small screens.
post #103 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot2300 View Post

Did I order the wrong cable? I just noticed and would appreciate you guys chiming in. Why do I need a Component VIDEO from the receiver to the Panny AX200 which is what I bought? I thought the HDMI was carrying the video and that I needed an audio cable from the Panny to the receiver?
Did I but the wrong cable? Take a look at the Pic I attached. I will have the HDMI and I thought this cable for the audio. Help!!!!!

HD-A2 >> HDMI >> SR800 AVR
HD-A2 >> Digital audio (coax or optical) >> SR800 AVR
Comcast DVR >> HDMI (or Component video if no HDMI) >> SR800 AVR
Comcast DVR >> Digital audio (coax or optical) >> SR800 AVR
Wii >> Component video >> SR800 AVR
Wii >> stereo audio (red/white) >> SR800 AVR
SR800 AVR >> HDMI >> Panny AX 200
SR800 AVR >> Component video >> Panny AX 200

You don't need an audio cable going to the Panny. Does the panny even have a speaker? You already have the Wii hooked up with audio to your receiver.
post #104 of 3108
lol bob! just terrible.
post #105 of 3108
I'll try my hand at some screen shots shortly and like Ed I tried to get some info on the rebate. I have to say that Panasonic's customer service is a total joke. 45 minutes of on hold and getting bounced around to different departments brought me back to a lady I had already spoken with. She had just been handed the form and couldn't really tell me anything and instructed me to call Panasonic corporate. I wound up back with an operator at Panasonic that was very reluctant to help . She told me she could try sending me to a different department but I'd probably wind up back with her. I asked her how I could go about getting an answer to my question after spending my money on their product and she told me I'd have to open a case and someone could get back to me in 24 - 48 hours and she tried to persuade me not to go to the trouble. I told her as nicely as I could that after spending 1300 dollars I'd like an answer or I could easily return the projector and buy one from a different manufacturer. I now have a case number and will be awaiting a return call that I'll be somewhat surprised if I receive.
post #106 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

98in that is a little screen Caspian.When you want to play with the big boys get a real screen and a ax200 and it will light it up.We need a forum for small screens.

Agree 98" is not huge. But problem is with panny it has to be run in presentation mode (brighter mode) with crappy black to provide the lumen needed for bigger screen. No free lunch.
post #107 of 3108
Can anyone tell me if the AX200 will accept 1280x720 (1:1 pixel mapped) @ 47.952 (or 23.976 or 71.928) "native" using the HDMI input?

What I mean (by "native") is with no FRC - ideally tested with "JudderTest" or using the judder test pattern in a VP50 or similar.

Thanks,

Rob.
post #108 of 3108
Quote:
But problem is with panny it has to be run in presentation mode (brighter mode) with crappy black to provide the lumen needed for bigger screen.

And you know this how?

How does the sony do with a 120" screen, 18' throw and some ambient light?
post #109 of 3108
I'm having a AX-200 overnighted to me so should have it tomorrow. I didnt know about the 2yr warranty offer and the salesgirl I spoke to at PP didnt mention it either. I will be mating the PJ with my current 106" hi power screen and will report on the results of that pairing. This is a new deal for me as in the past I've bought my pj's at the end of their cycles instead of new releases but I feel like the AX-200 is more like an AX-100 debugged....hence the low starting price...not as much engineering cost to recover. My first pj was the NEC-LT-150 and then an upgrade to the panny AE-700 both used with the dalite hi-power so those will be my frame of reference for comparison. I really have enjoyed my 700 but crave more light for sporting events. I have a light controlled room but I am still wowed by the punch the increased brightness brings. The 700 is bright enough in dynamic mode but the colors are skewed a bit in the mode. I am hoping the greater horsepower in the 200 will supply the dynamic level brightness with more accurate colors.

KO
post #110 of 3108
Anyone in Canada have the PT-AX200U? I went to a store today and they were trying to sell me the PT-AX100U.

How's the contrast and black level? I'm considering the Optoma HD6800 (HD72 clone) DLP because it comes at a great price packaged with the mount and a screen, but the PT-AX200U seems like it's priced right. Now, is it $1299 MSRP or $1599 MSRP? One problem with the Optoma is the lack of flexibility with placement.

Oh and how quiet is it real world?
post #111 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspianM View Post

Agree 98" is not huge. But problem is with panny it has to be run in presentation mode (brighter mode) with crappy black to provide the lumen needed for bigger screen. No free lunch.


I would not even come close to saying the ax100 0r 200 has crappy blacks.Only a few sick people on here would not appreciate the blacks/All lcd have pretty much the same on off blacks.Would I trade all the advantages of the ax200 for just a littel better blacks ansi.Hell no.On this forum blacks are so over blown it is allmost criminal.I had a freind who bought the sony aw15 for his 110in screen and had a outdoor movie night,The dam lighting bugs washed out the pic.He took it back and got a ax100 and has been happy ever since. BOB
post #112 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

I had a freind who bought the sony aw15 for his 110in screen and had a outdoor movie night,The dam lighting bugs washed out the pic.He took it back and got a ax100 and has been happy ever since. BOB

Wouldn't it have been easier to scare the lightning bugs away by showing the movie "Arachnophobia"?
post #113 of 3108
You guys are funny. I have not even seen any reputable reviewer to put the panny on the bench. Have fun.
post #114 of 3108
I bought an AX200 on Monday from a site sponsor based on all the learnin' I did researching this and the AX100. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I will be setting it up this weekend (can't wait as it is my first projector!). I want to buy a portable screen for the short term, probably the Sony Dynaclear 80", and then buy a motorized ceiling screen once I settle on a size that will work for the long term.
post #115 of 3108
why motorized just fix it
post #116 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

The dam lighting bugs washed out the pic.He took it back and got a ax100 and has been happy ever since. BOB

most hilariuos post ever
post #117 of 3108
Because the screen is going to be in front of a window is why I want it motorized...not ideal I know, but I've got to work with the room I have
post #118 of 3108
you can do it, let me know how it turns out.
post #119 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

Is the a30/a35 better than the xa2?

I heard it's not the same processor...I want the best SD/DVD/HD pic along with 5.1 analog outs...

The XA2 is an actual 1080P output....the A2 A3 are not...
post #120 of 3108
Old Slow, that is not totally correct, the a30 and a35 both output 1080p. I believe one or both also do 5.1 analog outs (for dolby true HD for those without HDMi receivers like me).

But I don't thikn either has the REON chip that the XA2 has that people rave about for video...I will probably pick up an XA2 instead...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Official AX-200 Owners Thread