or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › CRT Projectors › It's Not Stupid, It's A Crt!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's Not Stupid, It's A Crt!

post #1 of 35
Thread Starter 
Things are geting dull around here. This mod challenge is never going to happen at least in a controlled meaningful way and most people could give two fecals but that's another thread.

So a fresh topic. I have no idea what the title really means or says, but hey go at it. Consider it an improv.
post #2 of 35
hey weren't you the guy switching his Sony G90 against some unreliable digital?
post #3 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by axellagerlf View Post

hey weren't you the guy switching his Sony G90 against some unreliable digital?

Its A marquee 9500LC.

Mark wrote:
Quote:


This mod challenge is never going to happen at least in a controlled meaningful way and most people could give two fecals but that's another thread.

I hope it happens and will try to continue the push to at least Gary. I think greg wont go through with it just from old threads that dealt with the same issues between him and Mike in regaurds to barco mods.

And there are people who give two fecals about it, me being one. but to be honest i know where my money will go . We at least have seen on here what one persons mods will do via ,not all truthfull but reaveling, Screen shots.

If i knew they had a return policy i'd buy all of garys and gregs boards and do the shoot out myself!! I'm Getting tired and sick of this run around that is going on. This might be my last opst on it, but who knows . Its not stupid It's CRT and a Passion.

Athanasios
post #4 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

Its A marquee 9500LC.

Mark wrote:


I hope it happens and will try to continue the push to at least Gary. I think greg wont go through with it just from old threads that dealt with the same issues between him and Mike in regaurds to barco mods.

And there are people who give two fecals about it, me being one. but to be honest i know where my money will go . We at least have seen on here what one persons mods will do via ,not all truthfull but reaveling, Screen shots.

If i knew they had a return policy i'd buy all of garys and gregs boards and do the shoot out myself!! I'm Getting tired and sick of this run around that is going on. This might be my last opst on it, but who knows . Its not stupid It's CRT and a Passion.

Athanasios

Let's be clear here. It's Gary that wants a shootout. I've just been responding to him calling me out in the thread.

And so that it's also clear. I'm not concerned with who buys who mods. That's anybody choice to do so. It's the street corner tactics that bother me about my 'so called competitors'

And to respond to this:

Quote:


We at least have seen on here what one persons mods will do via ,not all truthfull but reaveling, Screen shots

It puzzled me sometimes that I'm always being asked to prove that my mods work. I've been doing Marquee mods for about five years. And for some reason, it's almost like I've jumped up on deck about the same time these other guys have. No, there's a bunch of reports on my mods on the forums. And it has been like that for the past five years, and because I won't spew out claims the way the others will, it's because I don't think it's necessary. I've always let my mods talk for themselves.


If you want to wait on which mods are confirmed to be the best then wait on this shootout. If you're waiting on me to go out of my way to make it happen so that someone would feel better about this - ain't gonna happen!


Both Gary or Greg should be willing to give you a money back if not satisfied, so go that way. But don't expect me to get involve with that, I'm just not willing to get involve that way.

All Gary has to do is send a set of boards down to Greg, and we'll go from there.

I'll make this short sweet and simple...
post #5 of 35
I didnt want to get you upset mike. Sorry if i did. Its not you i'm trying to get to do this shoot out . I know who the culprits are, i'm just trying to be a catylist. I think the Marquee CRT owners on this forum all would like to know what each persons mods will do. some ones mods might be a better mod for some and not for others. I just want to see for my self who's mods i want to buy. and so far i have seen nothing from the Other two that would make me choose theirs over anyone else's.

Athanasios
post #6 of 35
Mark said:

Quote:


Things are geting dull around here.

How are things now Mark

Athanasios
post #7 of 35
Thread Starter 
GUYS! (Tim's lead in)

There is a shoot out thread. Go there. This one is supposed to be for fun. Remember fun? Put brain in gear and come up with something cleaver. Poke FUN at something or somebody even yourself is necessary.

This thread is the play ground and its recess!


Where is Raster when we need him?
post #8 of 35
Quote:


Where is Raster when we need him?

I think he's on some tube face. corny i know!

Athanasios
post #9 of 35
Thread Starter 
post #10 of 35
Well itried the side by side stack last night on a 12 foot screen and everyone is correct. it cant be done. No upper and lower keystoning. Does anyone know if they have a newer software that has this? I tried to compensate by going into the green convergance and adjust the grid to be square on the screen but ran out of adjustment room. I wonder if anyone can do a mod for this? maybe some resistor would give more adjutsment to the convergance horizontaly , just like in the anamorphic squeeze mod.? VDC should add this into a next software upgrade. Alll i need is to adjust the grid 2 inches on the screen on the top and bottom.

Athanasios
post #11 of 35
Can I sidetrack somewhat here and announce my revealing mods that I've been working on for months for 8 track players?

I lowered the s/n ratio by a full 3 db and have a timecode stripe on one edge of the tape..

Funny thing is though, the tapes won't allow me to record anything but 70s and early 80s hair metal bands. Pardon me while I rock out to Cat Scratch Fever one more time..
post #12 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

I just want to see for my self who's mods i want to buy. and so far i have seen nothing from the Other two that would make me choose theirs over anyone else's.

Athanasios

Man, with the thing with the modern digital cameras, you would think that either of them would have purchased a $150.00 camera and camped out on that "screenshot Shootout" thread.

What better way to put your stuff out there for others to see your work. So whatever images that has giving them the confidence they have, they should have been sharing that with us on the forum with screenshots.

I'm not out to prove that my mods make a difference, I only want to shut these two guys up once and for all.
post #13 of 35
haha I've heard your mods only makes 10% difference....

anyhow, would it be possible to use that kind of glass that doesnt reflect any light, but that uh lets it out on a crt projector to reduce haloing? I mean that type of glass used in police interrogational offices... has anyone ever tried this?
post #14 of 35
Thread Starter 
Screen shots are contrary to my religeous beliefs, tenuous as they are. Case anyone doesn't know being either too oblique or too obtuse (clearly noone here is 90 degrees (yuk, yuk normal) please take hoot outstuff to the shoot out thread. Please. Stop hijackinga good times thread to spread hate, ugliness, whtever, frustration. Peace and love to all.
post #15 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme View Post

Can I sidetrack somewhat here and announce my revealing mods that I've been working on for months for 8 track players?

I lowered the s/n ratio by a full 3 db and have a timecode stripe on one edge of the tape..

Funny thing is though, the tapes won't allow me to record anything but 70s and early 80s hair metal bands. Pardon me while I rock out to Cat Scratch Fever one more time..

Curt how much for the mods? and can you tell me exactly what they improve apon?

hehehehe

Athansisos
post #16 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Screen shots are contrary to my religeous beliefs, tenuous as they are. Case anyone doesn't know being either too oblique or too obtuse (clearly noone here is 90 degrees (yuk, yuk normal) please take hoot outstuff to the shoot out thread. Please. Stop hijackinga good times thread to spread hate, ugliness, whtever, frustration. Peace and love to all.

interesting advice from someone who calls anyone that offers him $100. less than his asking price a "bottome feeder"
post #17 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme View Post

Can I sidetrack somewhat here and announce my revealing mods that I've been working on for months for 8 track players?

I lowered the s/n ratio by a full 3 db and have a timecode stripe on one edge of the tape..

Funny thing is though, the tapes won't allow me to record anything but 70s and early 80s hair metal bands. Pardon me while I rock out to Cat Scratch Fever one more time..

Screenshots please.
post #18 of 35
Umm
post #19 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm View Post

interesting advice from someone who calls anyone that offers him $100. less than his asking price a "bottome feeder"

Dang graganm, did you miss the part about hijacking a thread and spreading hate and ugliness?

We must make sure we adhere to that good advice coming from Mark, because it's something he'll never do..

Oh, what's the topic?
post #20 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post

Dang graganm, did you miss the part about hijacking a thread and spreading hate and ugliness?

We must make sure we adhere to that good advice coming from Mark, because it's something he'll never do..

Oh, what's the topic?

LMAO!!!

Athanasios
post #21 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Screen shots are contrary to my religeous beliefs, tenuous as they are.

Here, here! I know a lot of people enjoy them, but I certainly don't. I'm glad Cliffy started the screen shot thread. That has slowed down the posting of screen shots in other threads.
post #22 of 35
Come on now Phil, we all know that you're just jealous because you still haven't figured out how to attach 35mm prints to your posts.
post #23 of 35
In about 1/2 hour the paint will be dry on my paint by numbers 100Ghz test pattern. I'll attach it to this post when I can handle it so the high frequency lines don't smudge.
post #24 of 35
Damn Matt, you busted me!

Screen shots wouldn't bother me, but because they're usually wide, it makes me have to use the side to side scroll bar to read the text in other posts. One big screen shot messes up the whole page. That bugs the hell out of me!
post #25 of 35
I usually just zoom to 75% or 50% on my browser so that I can see the entire image.
post #26 of 35
Thread Starter 
It's not stupid, its a screen shot.
post #27 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Please. Stop hijackinga good times thread to spread hate, ugliness, whtever, frustration. Peace and love to all.

Perhaps words in your earlier post (# 7) were transposed and read as "cleaver in the brain".

Dyslexics untie!
post #28 of 35
What's a screenshot..
post #29 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Smith View Post

Screen shots wouldn't bother me, but because they're usually wide, it makes me have to use the side to side scroll bar to read the text in other posts. One big screen shot messes up the whole page. That bugs the hell out of me!

Like this?



post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Put brain in gear and come up with something cleaver. Poke FUN at something or somebody even yourself is necessary.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

This thread is the play ground and its recess!

This forum is a playground but haflich's the dog that visits whenever he feels like taking a squat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: CRT Projectors
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › CRT Projectors › It's Not Stupid, It's A Crt!