or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Mediacom HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mediacom HDTV - Page 5

post #121 of 815
Ummm what does that mean? What is SDV?
post #122 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTyler View Post

Ummm what does that mean? What is SDV?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched_Video
post #123 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTyler View Post

Ummm what does that mean? What is SDV?

If I'm not mistaken, SDV will mean that those with HD TiVos will not be able to receive some of the HD channels. Right? (Guess I better hold off on buying an HD Tivo..)
post #124 of 815
I thought I read somewhere that some people are getting some new hd channels on the 10th of march. Wondering how that is going for ya all tomorrow. Good luck...
post #125 of 815
I live in Cedar Rapids and the 2 we were promised "on or around March 10" have not gone live as of now.
post #126 of 815
We'll see how long they take. It did say "On or around March 10th." I wonder what their definition of "Around" means? My guess is probably 30 days after March 10th.
post #127 of 815
Doesn't sound like your getting them at all. Surprise, surprise..

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r198...s~start=80#end
post #128 of 815
Still nothing in Iowa City 3/15, 12:45pm
post #129 of 815
I was in the local Moline, IL office the other day to try to figure out why my internet cuts out all the time, and the lady told me that she thinks they are adding 3 or 4 new HD channels very soon. I just hope I can get TNT HD before the NBA playoffs start. I WANT NBA IN HD DAMNIT.

BTW my internet is irritating me. It cuts out pretty often. I noticed that if I bypass my splitter and hook the incoming cable directly to my modem, the internet works fine. GOt a new splitter from the office, it still does it. 3 different splitters and it still happens. Man, I want satellite. I just need to figure out what to do about internet. I don't really want DSL, but I don't want to pay Mediacom 60 bucks a month for internet.
post #130 of 815
Mediacom finally launched TNT-HD and Concast Sports Net HD in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City area today.
post #131 of 815
Thread Starter 
anybody having issues with channel 752 (il) MOJO HD being out for the past couple of days?
post #132 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark89 View Post

anybody having issues with channel 752 (il) MOJO HD being out for the past couple of days?

I just checked and MOJO HD is out for me, too. I'm in Central Illinois.
post #133 of 815
Thread Starter 
at least it's not my box
post #134 of 815
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanotheron View Post

I just checked and MOJO HD is out for me, too. I'm in Central Illinois.

Is your channel 752 nameless? Mine is still out and now the channel name is gone. ????
post #135 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark89 View Post

Is your channel 752 nameless? Mine is still out and now the channel name is gone. ????

Yep, no channel name here, either. Besides that the guide reads "To Be Announced" for all time slots and when I go to dial in the channel, I have to go through the parental lock. It must be off the Mediacon lineup.
post #136 of 815
Thread Starter 
so we get 4 new hd channels and they take an old one away? what a crock!! to quote Lando Calrissian; "This deal is getting worse all of the time."
post #137 of 815
You've got like 8 HD channels, and you want MORE? What are you, some kind of HD freak or something?
post #138 of 815
Thread Starter 
lol!
post #139 of 815
Thread Starter 
I see MojoHD (752) is back on finally.
post #140 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark89 View Post

I see MojoHD (752) is back on finally.

Is it actually back on for you? It shows up in my guide again, but I can't actually tune to the station. Then again, I can't tune to a number of the stations currently... probably an issue on my side.
post #141 of 815
Thread Starter 
no, it's off again.
post #142 of 815
It's on for me, but I don't get the guide information. Strange.
post #143 of 815
Well, it came on for me for a little while. TBSHD and CNNHD also came on for a while for the first time. Of course I seem to have lost ABCHD, CBSHD, and HDNET Movies in the process.

I've got a service request in to hopefully get someone out to get this all cleared up since I can't seem to keep a strong signal. (Supposed to have come on Saturday while I wasn't working... I'll have to wait and see if they manage to come out sometime while I'm at home now...)

Of course, for me it is probably all local problems, which my neighborhood seems to get a lot of. New subdivision that just started selling their houses probably cut into our feed and degraded our signal quality. (I assume that is how things work with cable signals, if not, please point out my ignorance/mistake!)
post #144 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by druidj View Post

Well, it came on for me for a little while. TBSHD and CNNHD also came on for a while for the first time. Of course I seem to have lost ABCHD, CBSHD, and HDNET Movies in the process.

I've got a service request in to hopefully get someone out to get this all cleared up since I can't seem to keep a strong signal. (Supposed to have come on Saturday while I wasn't working... I'll have to wait and see if they manage to come out sometime while I'm at home now...)

Of course, for me it is probably all local problems, which my neighborhood seems to get a lot of. New subdivision that just started selling their houses probably cut into our feed and degraded our signal quality. (I assume that is how things work with cable signals, if not, please point out my ignorance/mistake!)

Wow. Just had a great technician come out and fix me up. Discovered that the original installer had actually had the line going to my main TV (HD DVR box) going through two splitters outside my house and then I had it going through one inside my house. He was surprised I was able to get HD at all.

Got that fixed for me. Put an external box on the side of my house since the splitters were just dangling previously.

My box had also stopped working for VOD at times which he said was a problem with the Pace boxes that they hadn't got resolved yet. So he gave me a motorolla box. (I of course did verify nothing good was recorded on my box, but forgot to make note of my season passes... doh!)

Anyway, I just thought I would share a good experience with Mediacom since those seem so few and far between.
post #145 of 815
I am in Ames, IA and have been on a waiting list for an HD box. It has been like 2-3 months. I don't get how they can be out of boxes for this long. Would I be able to get one from a different city or is this "shortage" a state wide thing?
post #146 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac694203 View Post

I was in the local Moline, IL office the other day to try to figure out why my internet cuts out all the time, and the lady told me that she thinks they are adding 3 or 4 new HD channels very soon. I just hope I can get TNT HD before the NBA playoffs start. I WANT NBA IN HD DAMNIT.

BTW my internet is irritating me. It cuts out pretty often. I noticed that if I bypass my splitter and hook the incoming cable directly to my modem, the internet works fine. GOt a new splitter from the office, it still does it. 3 different splitters and it still happens. Man, I want satellite. I just need to figure out what to do about internet. I don't really want DSL, but I don't want to pay Mediacom 60 bucks a month for internet.

I've had this problem for weeks as well, so if you find a solution, please PM me! They have the most amazingly unreliable internet service ever. I just wish I had another choice for high speed because I would do it in a heartbeat!
post #147 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman24 View Post

I am in Ames, IA and have been on a waiting list for an HD box. It has been like 2-3 months. I don't get how they can be out of boxes for this long. Would I be able to get one from a different city or is this "shortage" a state wide thing?

Customer Service told me that I would be on a waiting list for a box too..Seemed kind of odd to me so...I went to my local office (Geneseo, IL) the next day and picked up a brand new Pace HDDVR.....
I wouldn't trust their customer service to make sure you get a box. Be a little more proactive.
They were supposed to contact me when both Phone and HD Channels were available in my area. They didn't either time it took me inquiring at the local
shop to get any results..
post #148 of 815
I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question. I read thru this thread and others in hopes of answering these questions...and only got a partial answers. So, I'm asking for a little help.

I'm in NW FL on Mediacom. Main TV is HD feed from a Pace box thru a Yamaha 663 to a Sony XBR. Bought a Vizio 20" for a guest bdrm. Direct cable connection to the Vizio and autoprogram did not pickup all the HD channels available off the box, like ESPN and 2 and the local FOX and CBS feeds. I understand this is to be expected, correct? May I ask for a brief explanation why?

However, direct hookup to the Sony and autoprogram: still no ESPN or 2 but did pickup the CBS and FOX feeds. Does that mean the Vizio tuner is inferior and should be returned?

Lastly, this situation where you can't get all the HD channels without the box, does that go away with the Feb conversion?

Appreciate your thoughts and help in advance.
post #149 of 815
It was a pleasant surprise to turn on the TV last night and see the Cubs in HD. I had to do a double take to realize Mediacom added WGNHD 825 in Des Moines. Looks like KCWI HD is also there 809. Now if we could replace FoxSports Midwest with FoxSports North, I could watch the Twins and be a very happy man.
post #150 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman24 View Post

I am in Ames, IA and have been on a waiting list for an HD box. It has been like 2-3 months. I don't get how they can be out of boxes for this long. Would I be able to get one from a different city or is this "shortage" a state wide thing?

Gotta be an Ames thing. I had a HD DVR box from the DSM Ingersoll location about two weeks after placing my order.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Mediacom HDTV