or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Mediacom HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mediacom HDTV - Page 27

post #781 of 815
Note that in their statement they said the channels will start appearing "...beginning March 6." Obviously that means they will trickle the additional HD channels over a period of time....apparently several months. Again, quoting -- "...customers can expect to see several more HD channels added in coming months." Idiots. I hope I'm proven wrong in what I'm reading here....they seem to contradict themselves in the statement.
post #782 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierboy View Post

Note that in their statement they said the channels will start appearing "...beginning March 6." Obviously that means they will trickle the additional HD channels over a period of time....apparently several months. Again, quoting -- "...customers can expect to see several more HD channels added in coming months." Idiots.

Starting in early 2011, I have found that Mediacom has done a very good job of keeping their printable lineups updated over at http://www.mediacomtoday-lineup.com/, also posting future lineups with the specific date they plan on adding channels.

I just counted 68 of their printable lineups have been updated with dates from March 3, 2012 through to March 27, 2012 (and none with April, May, June, etc. dates). So, 25 days seems like a respectable time frame to me. (Then again, my area got this same upgrade - minus a couple of those channels for some bizarre reason - back on November 22, 2011, so I have no dog in this hunt.)
post #783 of 815
Well, most of the new HD channels are there this morning. However, there's still some issues. For instance, NBCSN 727 is supposed to be part of the Family Cable HD tier, but I'm getting the "not authorized" message. Hopefully it's just a glitch and not a mistake in Mediacom's advertising and online listings...
post #784 of 815
NBCSN is part of the Sports and Information Pak here in Albany, GA (additional monthly fee). I'm not sure if this is supposed to also be the case for the Quad Cities area, but it may shed some light on why you are getting the 'not authorized' message.
post #785 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by SowegaBowler View Post

NBCSN is part of the Sports and Information Pak here in Albany, GA (additional monthly fee). I'm not sure if this is supposed to also be the case for the Quad Cities area, but it may shed some light on why you are getting the 'not authorized' message.

In some Mediacom systems, it is part of the S & I package, but, in others, it is not. It is specifically listed on Mediacom's Web site (http://www.mediacomtoday-lineup.com/..._valley_c.aspx) and in a mailer we received this week that it should be part of the HD Family Cable package at no extra cost. I called their tech support this morning, and they sent a "hit" to our box, but it's still not there. Nor is ION HD, which also is supposed to be in the HD Broadcast Basic package.
post #786 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierboy View Post

In some Mediacom systems, it is part of the S & I package, but, in others, it is not. It is specifically listed on Mediacom's Web site (http://www.mediacomtoday-lineup.com/..._valley_c.aspx) and in a mailer we received this week that it should be part of the HD Family Cable package at no extra cost. I called their tech support this morning, and they sent a "hit" to our box, but it's still not there. Nor is ION HD, which also is supposed to be in the HD Broadcast Basic package.

Now we've lost another channel we're supposed to receive -- National Geographic HD 749 is missing. I spoke with a customer service rep last evening for nearly a half hour who had no clue even what our lineup was supposed to be. I had to direct him to the Web site....unbelievable.
post #787 of 815
I love DirecTV. Best move I made away from MC.
post #788 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotkey View Post

I love DirecTV. Best move I made away from MC.

Not an option with my TiVos...
post #789 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierboy View Post

Not an option with my TiVos...

I know. I feel your pain. Your HD wait has been a long time coming.
post #790 of 815
My Windows Media Center guide isn't showing any of the new channels yet. I thought maybe the guide wasn't updated, but KWQC-HD is still showing up on 705, but is suppose to change to 706 when the new channels are added, so it leads me to believe mine hasn't changed yet. I wonder if I need to call them or something.
post #791 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber8742 View Post

My Windows Media Center guide isn't showing any of the new channels yet. I thought maybe the guide wasn't updated, but KWQC-HD is still showing up on 705, but is suppose to change to 706 when the new channels are added, so it leads me to believe mine hasn't changed yet. I wonder if I need to call them or something.

Actually, this is what I did early last week -- I emailed both Zap2It and TiVo with a full updated channel listing from Mediacom's Web site and a copy of the press statement in the local paper. Zap2It is Tribune Media Services which provides the guide info to TiVo. The day before the Mediacom switchover, both my TiVos had updates channel information, so I was ready to roll when they were added...
post #792 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierboy View Post

Actually, this is what I did early last week -- I emailed both Zap2It and TiVo with a full updated channel listing from Mediacom's Web site and a copy of the press statement in the local paper. Zap2It is Tribune Media Services which provides the guide info to TiVo. The day before the Mediacom switchover, both my TiVos had updates channel information, so I was ready to roll when they were added...

Hmm. Windows Media Center's guide is powered by ZapIt. I wonder why it isn't updated? I'll have to check out their website.
post #793 of 815
Hey Bierboy, did you get ION HD (724) back yet? I,m over in Bettendorf & I just started receiving ION HD yesterday 3/12/2012. I'm still missing NBC Sports HD (727) &
National Geographic HD (749)
post #794 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc99 View Post

Hey Bierboy, did you get ION HD (724) back yet? I,m over in Bettendorf & I just started receiving ION HD yesterday 3/12/2012. I'm still missing NBC Sports HD (727) &
National Geographic HD (749)

Yeah, I got it back about one day later. But what I would suggest for you is to go to the DSLReports Web site and to the Mediacom thread (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/mediacom) and find MediacomChad. Then send him a PM about your problems getting 727 and 749. He helped me...good luck!
post #795 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierboy View Post

Yeah, I got it back about one day later. But what I would suggest for you is to go to the DSLReports Web site and to the Mediacom thread (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/mediacom) and find MediacomChad. Then send him a PM about your problems getting 727 and 749. He helped me...good luck!

I figured out my issue and got the new channels up and running except those same two, NatGeo HD & NBC Sports HD. They suddenly started working last yesterday, so all channels are functioning as expected.

If anyone is having the issues I had with the CableCard, apparently you have to delete your future recordings then update the guide and the channels will update automatically. I guess it wouldn't update it with the future programs set to record.
post #796 of 815
Has Mediacom's new channel lineup in Des Moines, thats supposed to be effective today, gone live yet?
post #797 of 815
Medicom Marion Iowa. Seems they took away my science channel tonight, all I get is Not Authorized, had it this morning.
post #798 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post

Medicom Marion Iowa. Seems they took away my science channel tonight, all I get is Not Authorized, had it this morning.
I'm in NE CR. Just checked and I still have it here.
post #799 of 815
That is because you have the kid pac. I don't so effect july 12th they take away a channel from me because they include it in a new package. Looks like I start finding another service. This is the second time in three years they did this to me. I pay the same amount for less channels each year.
post #800 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post

That is because you have the kid pac. I don't so effect july 12th they take away a channel from me because they include it in a new package. Looks like I start finding another service. This is the second time in three years they did this to me. I pay the same amount for less channels each year.

I don't understand, what have you been paying for (and how much) since they created those three new digital "paks" (Sports & Information, Kids & Variety, and Movies & Music) back in late October 2011?
post #801 of 815
They may have but in the medicom channel lineup it states effect July 12. So after creating these paks they let me slide with one for a year? No matter what I still lose a channel and that will not happen again.
post #802 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post

That is because you have the kid pac. I don't so effect july 12th they take away a channel from me because they include it in a new package. Looks like I start finding another service. This is the second time in three years they did this to me. I pay the same amount for less channels each year.
Actually I have Family Cable (Broadcast Basic and Expanded Basic), Digital Plus, and the Starz/Encore package. They haven't switched me to any of the new packages, and I haven't asked to be switched. Did you get some sort of notice that they were switching you? Were you getting it as part of an introductory deal? What services from them do you actually have?
post #803 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post

They may have but in the medicom channel lineup it states effect July 12. So after creating these paks they let me slide with one for a year? No matter what I still lose a channel and that will not happen again.

That date reflects that they updated that lineup web page, either due to fixing an error (as was the case for my town's lineup web page recently) or when they add new (HD) stations, which they have been doing every so many months in their various locales. In terms of what you are paying for and receiving, I know of nothing that would have changed this week. What did their customer support say?
post #804 of 815
I subscribe to the regular family cable package with no extras. For several months after getting my first HD box a few years ago I had access to all channels for free, but eventually Mediacom fixed that error. Then, about a year and a half ago I'm guessing, when Mediacom added several new HD channels I suddenly had free access to Golf HD, Science HD, and Outdoor HD. I continued to have free access to those three channels until last week. Golf HD and Science HD, unfortunately the two I watch, both now say 'not authorized'. I still have Outdoor HD. I knew at some point Mediacom would fix the error that gave me free access, but it still sucks. I'm certainly not going to subscribe to a couple paks just to get few channels I'd like but don't need.
post #805 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber8742 View Post

Quick question. Mediacom is charging me a $4.00/mo Digital Gateway Fee. I got rid of all my boxes and only have a CableCard and have no premium level channels. I was under the impression that I wouldn't have this hidden charge anymore when I got rid of the boxes. Does anyone know if this charge should still be there or not? I don't want to pay it if it's not suppose to be there, but I'm not opposed to paying it if I legitimately owe it. I called and the CS was not much help. Supposedly his supervisor is suppose to call me about it.
A Digital Gateway Fee is what they call their Wi-Fi router - apparently you had it (either included in or separately) at some point when you had their CableModem. They offer it as FREE for 6 months and then begin charging you $3.95 - 4.00/mo for not deleting it from your service. You may even be asked to return the device to them before they will delete it from your monthly bill.

MediaCom goes to great lengths to bill you for things prematurely, offer FREE services and later charge for them on the off chance you'll forget to check, cancel or recall the exact "deal" you were offered.
post #806 of 815
Time to make a call to MC again. Bill just went up $10/month and I didn't make any changes. Did I miss an announcement about something?
post #807 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWCR View Post

Time to make a call to MC again. Bill just went up $10/month and I didn't make any changes. Did I miss an announcement about something?
So I checked against last months bill and here are the differences.

1 Star went up $3
Family Cable went up $2
Online went up $4
Rest of the increase is in the taxes.

Anyone know of any current customer deals that don't include the phone service?

Thanks!
post #808 of 815
Yeah, it was listed in our August bills, about the rate increases. We bitched about it over in that other forum:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,27392675?hilite=rate+increase
post #809 of 815
That's what I get for not paying attention. Thanks for the link. I used to read that forum all the time. Guess I need to go back there!
post #810 of 815
Yeah I love how they can do that even under contract. rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Mediacom HDTV