or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Olevia 65 inch 1080p lcd
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Olevia 65 inch 1080p lcd - Page 2

post #31 of 1760
Hi folks - sorry, got derailed last night but will do my best to get the pictures up this evening. I'm a new poster/reader so it would be much appreciated if someone would email me (dcr2429@yahoo.com) with directions on how to post pictures (save you all from reading that!). I see the icon in the text box but it asks for a URL, as opposed to a browse and locate type interface.

As for the PIP--yeah, I'm generally pretty good with GUIs and I have figured out the wheel but it honestly looks like there are NO OPTIONS for position and source (sub menus). Very odd. I need to register the TV in order to update the firmware so will probably try that tonight.

Thanks for your help--sorry about the novice questions.
post #32 of 1760
And to quickly answer the speaker question, my XBR sounded MUCH better. I don't like the Olevia speakers, and the volume control actually stays on the screen for an annoyingly long time. Ridiculous that they didn't attach numbers to the adjustment bars (for any function). These are the small corners tier 2's cut...
post #33 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbaron View Post

And to quickly answer the speaker question, my XBR sounded MUCH better. I don't like the Olevia speakers, and the volume control actually stays on the screen for an annoyingly long time. Ridiculous that they didn't attach numbers to the adjustment bars (for any function). These are the small corners tier 2's cut...

Regarding the speakers I would imagine that most wouldnt be using them. If you can afford a 65" TV you most likely have a surround sound system is probably Olevia's thinking. Regarding the numbers on the adjustment bars it has something to do with a Sony patent on them or something like that and Olevia didn't feel like paying Sony for the use.
post #34 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbaron View Post

Hi folks - sorry, got derailed last night but will do my best to get the pictures up this evening. I'm a new poster/reader so it would be much appreciated if someone would email me (dcr2429@yahoo.com) with directions on how to post pictures (save you all from reading that!). I see the icon in the text box but it asks for a URL, as opposed to a browse and locate type interface.

As for the PIP--yeah, I'm generally pretty good with GUIs and I have figured out the wheel but it honestly looks like there are NO OPTIONS for position and source (sub menus). Very odd. I need to register the TV in order to update the firmware so will probably try that tonight.

Thanks for your help--sorry about the novice questions.


You need to get the pics up to your ISP's free personal web site, assuming they have one for you. I have comcast, and I load them to my free personal page and then use that link in the thread to show the pics, bit of a pain really, but AVS probably couldn't host all the pics loaded on this forum.... so all they support is a link to the post on a third part web site.
post #35 of 1760
I don't watch a lot of sports, so I haven't noticed the judder or blur that everyone refers to. Also the Reata chip helps to prevent it.
post #36 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail View Post

Techaholic...Nice pics...I like the Pioneer. It looks more natural to me. The 747i is brighter and eye popping, but how is the video processing. It does appear sharper as well, but the plasma's glass gives it the more subtle and home theater like look. Just an observation.

Chris

Ehhh what are we comparing at all? The 747i has the most advanced video processor of the market, smae Christie projectors use - there's no chance in hell any other TV can even come close to its HQV Realta. It's only the question of the panel and knowing the 747i has a very nice but not top-tiered panel this Pio looks exceptionally bad for me.
OTOH 747i looks blown up in some cases though... or is it the camera only?
post #37 of 1760
hey techaholic, do you have a ps3? how well does the realta upscale games? and also, do you know if it supports that setting Full Range RGB on the ps3 settings?
post #38 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by dainbramaged1984 View Post

hey techaholic, do you have a ps3? how well does the realta upscale games? and also, do you know if it supports that setting Full Range RGB on the ps3 settings?

PS3 games are not even 1920?
post #39 of 1760
some of them are not
post #40 of 1760
Anyone picked up one of these from Costco yet?
post #41 of 1760
Could the cost get lower at Costco on BF, pre/post xmas and before super bowl? If so, can you get some money back?
post #42 of 1760
wtr_wkr, sounds like you want to buy?
post #43 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcope01 View Post

wtr_wkr, sounds like you want to buy?

Ya, but 65" from 8' is a bit too close (we live in a marginal world of HD lite.) I'm thinking about making the house bigger. You know, that fire place is taking up a lot of valuable space. I need to catch the wife at a moment of weakness. Maybe I'll ask for permission when she is asleep.
post #44 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2k View Post

Ehhh what are we comparing at all? The 747i has the most advanced video processor of the market, smae Christie projectors use - there's no chance in hell any other TV can even come close to its HQV Realta. It's only the question of the panel and knowing the 747i has a very nice but not top-tiered panel this Pio looks exceptionally bad for me.
OTOH 747i looks blown up in some cases though... or is it the camera only?

This 747i review optimizes my thoughts as the same as UltimateAVmag.com

Chris
post #45 of 1760
The 65"er includes a better panel than it's older, little brothers, Sharp's 65" from K1 (no banding.) If you want to know just how good that panel is, just ask Westa69.
post #46 of 1760
I noticed this unit has a pretty fabulous price at Costco at the moment... hmm, maybe lower as we get into CES timeframe?
post #47 of 1760
Has anyone bought the 265t yet?
post #48 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mml265 View Post

Has anyone bought the 265t yet?

If someone has, he/she hasn't found this forum. Probably too happy watching HDTV!
post #49 of 1760
Has this tv been reviewed anywhere?
post #50 of 1760
Also interested to read a review of this TV which is currently available for less than $4k according to fatwallet.
post #51 of 1760
more pics and reviews please!
post #52 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchback View Post

Also interested to read a review of this TV which is currently available for less than $4k according to fatwallet.

hatchback:

Can you post a link to the 4K price on fatwallet? I could not find it.
post #53 of 1760
I notice it's gone from costco.com (as are all Olevia TVs).
post #54 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeKid View Post

hatchback:

Can you post a link to the 4K price on fatwallet? I could not find it.

It was actually my post on fatwallet.

link for fatwallet thread
post #55 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post

It was actually my post on fatwallet.

link for fatwallet thread

Thanks!
post #56 of 1760
Stopped by Sam's Club today and they just got a shipment of these. Wasn't able to view it yet as 3 guys were trying to muscle up the panel with a fork lift to a top shelf. (I won't be buying any demo units there after viewing their silly struggle to get it up on display). Looks like it will be priced at 4 Cleveland's...
post #57 of 1760
$4349 at target and Amazon. Amazing.
post #58 of 1760
under 4k @ sam's
post #59 of 1760
Maybe this is the start of the after Christmas price war. I was in an Ultimate Electronics store in Denver and the salesmen said sales were way down. Prices at the brick and morter stores for the large LCD's and is still beyond 90 % of the consumers. If I could only find one of these to look at I might pull the trigger. Maybe we will start to see some major price drops.
post #60 of 1760
I sure wish Olevia would put a Realta in a non glass front LCD HDTV, or Vizio or Sharp would put a Realta in some new sets. Damn it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Olevia 65 inch 1080p lcd