or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Pioneer Kuro Pictures Thread.......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Pioneer Kuro Pictures Thread....... - Page 222

post #6631 of 7288
Me can do black void too smile.gif

Whilst waiting for Oz to start........



biggrin.gif

SAM_0781_zps002d0d7d.jpg~original

This last one was moving so its got a slight blur frown.gif

flower.jpg~original
Edited by RobMacLennan - 1/7/14 at 4:45am
post #6632 of 7288
I'll try not produce its New Sony BD :





I'd like to see what his contribution can bring on my Kuro ...
Released in France on January 15 ... wink.gif
post #6633 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu03 View Post

Hi guys...

Great little read this thread/link... Little being the word lol... Only a few posts long but extremely relevant and to the point (or should be should i say relevant) to this thread. Even though it is a short thread regarding the 8G but that isn't important it's all Kuro's right.

Hopefully we can get some images up with the equipment some people have nowadays coupled with the abilities of the Pioneer Kuro 9G (or 8G's) please. Of course there is only so much we can see on here but certainly can get an idea of clarity and sharpness and 'good' color. And obviously source technology and material has moved on slowly but surely since the start of the revolutionary 8G Kuro wink.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/926205/does-the-pioneer-pro150fd-do-deep-color-and-x-v-color

When i turn off Deep Color in PS3's settings the kuro doesn't display the 36 bit info at the top right off the screen. When i turn it back on it's back. I guess that means i can take advantage of the extended gamut on Sony's MI4K disc?
post #6634 of 7288
After more searching it seems like mixed info. Yes you can but your display has to be calibrated for it. I read somewhere else that only Sony's 4K TV's can take advantage. And that so far, Sony says, only their bluray players, including PS3, supports it. The simplest info i found is that all you need is a TV and bluray player that has xvYCC color.
post #6635 of 7288
I have just received Elysium i need to watch it 1st then i will try and do some pictures.

Will i find out that my Blu Ray player is capable of that xvYCC colour (i am british smile.gif) from my manual, i really need to dig that out of my attic frown.gif
post #6636 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

After more searching it seems like mixed info. Yes you can but your display has to be calibrated for it. I read somewhere else that only Sony's 4K TV's can take advantage. And that so far, Sony says, only their bluray players, including PS3, supports it. The simplest info i found is that all you need is a TV and bluray player that has xvYCC color.
also the xvYCC is a Sony term, my Pioneer BDP-320 supports it (as does my Pro-111fd). Check your manuals, I'm sure there are others that support it as well.

Edit, my Panasonic blu ray players also support xyYCC.
Edited by dsskid - 1/8/14 at 3:03pm
post #6637 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

also the xvYCC is a Sony term, my Pioneer BDP-320 supports it (as does my Pro-111fd). Check your manuals, I'm sure there are others that support it as well.

Edit, my Panasonic blu ray players also support xyYCC.

I board xvYCC on Pio BD320, Pio LX55 and Sony S790 ...
The Sony S790 is upscal 4K ...
post #6638 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

After more searching it seems like mixed info. Yes you can but your display has to be calibrated for it. I read somewhere else that only Sony's 4K TV's can take advantage. And that so far, Sony says, only their bluray players, including PS3, supports it. The simplest info i found is that all you need is a TV and bluray player that has xvYCC color.
You should abandoned the PS3 for BD, an LX55 with its Qdeo chip is well above the Kuro ...
The S790 with SMBV (Super Mapping Bit Video) 14 Bits per Primary ... wink.gif
Edited by Urga - 1/9/14 at 1:40am
post #6639 of 7288
Checked manual and it will indeed do the xvYcc smile.gif.
post #6640 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

also the xvYCC is a Sony term, my Pioneer BDP-320 supports it (as does my Pro-111fd). Check your manuals, I'm sure there are others that support it as well.

Edit, my Panasonic blu ray players also support xyYCC.

I know, a lot of BD players have support for it. Sony just likes to creat names and call it there own. On my PS3 it's called deep color. My 151 shows 36 bits with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urga View Post

You should abandoned the PS3 for BD, an LX55 with its Qdeo chip is well above the Kuro ...
The S790 with SMBV (Super Mapping Bit Video) 14 Bits per Primary ... wink.gif

The PS3 does bluray video just as as good as any player. I remember it was tested and it was said to not add anything to the picture. It gives you the video as is, which is what we should want. Other players have features to enhance the picture giving the impression of better video quality.

Now if we are talking about SD video then yes, there are other players that do a much better job. But I hardly watch SD anymore.


Tubby, what kuro is that? Your pics look really good. As does yours, Urga. While people stomp around ces looking for the next best TV we have this. smile.gif
Edited by saprano - 1/9/14 at 6:10am
post #6641 of 7288
Be confused xvYCC and Deep Color, were two different things ...
XvYCC = Wide Gamut
Deep Color = Upsampling 30 , 36 ou 48Bits ... wink.gif
post #6642 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

When i turn off Deep Color in PS3's settings the kuro doesn't display the 36 bit info at the top right off the screen. When i turn it back on it's back. I guess that means i can take advantage of the extended gamut on Sony's MI4K disc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

When i turn off Deep Color in PS3's settings the kuro doesn't display the 36 bit info at the top right off the screen. When i turn it back on it's back. I guess that means i can take advantage of the extended gamut on Sony's MI4K disc?

Saprano... Hi,

Do you know if there is anyway to get the PS3 to force 1080 with full pixel mapping (dot by dot) when playing ps3 games. I have tried everything and when i have got any PS3 demos on it "only" displays 36 bit, 720p, and 'FULL' screen mode.

Ps3 dashboard displays 1080P and dot by dot no problems.

If there isn't anyway of doing pixel mapping with the PS3/Kuro combo i guess it's not a huge deal as it looks utterly and ridiculously gorgeous anyway without it smile.gif.

Is there any games out there that the PS3 allows the Kuro to do dot by dot ?.

I have tried checking and unchecking all the obvious boxes but to no avail - could it be the way the games were made for PS3.

:edit: I have only just started using the PS3 as a games machine after recently retiring the 360. It a fully refurbished, four different ways internal cooling upgrades, backwards compatible 60GB launch PAL done by a pro console specialist, running the latest official Sony firmware 4.53. Runs super cool and quiet - beautifully upgraded/refurbished machine tbh. And have so many ps3 exclusive games to catch up on, quite a few cross platform games i have kept back just for the PS3, and 'one or two' ps1 and ps2 games to play - that i have no intention of going PS4/ONE for a long time yet. Not to mention the Ps3's reference blu-ray playing abilities wink.gif

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else before regarding Kuro's and PS3 i'm sure (hoping) it probably has wink.gif
post #6643 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urga View Post

Be confused xvYCC and Deep Color, were two different things ...
XvYCC = Wide Gamut
Deep Color = Upsampling 30 , 36 ou 48Bits ... wink.gif

I thought it was the same except for different names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu03 View Post


Saprano... Hi,

Do you know if there is anyway to get the PS3 to force 1080 with full pixel mapping (dot by dot) when playing ps3 games. I have tried everything and when i have got any PS3 demos on it "only" displays 36 bit, 720p, and 'FULL' screen mode.

Ps3 dashboard displays 1080P and dot by dot no problems.

If there isn't anyway of doing pixel mapping with the PS3/Kuro combo i guess it's not a huge deal as it looks utterly and ridiculously gorgeous anyway without it smile.gif.

Is there any games out there that the PS3 allows the Kuro to do dot by dot ?.

I have tried checking and unchecking all the obvious boxes but to no avail - could it be the way the games were made for PS3.

:edit: I have only just started using the PS3 as a games machine after recently retiring the 360. It a fully refurbished, four different ways internal cooling upgrades, backwards compatible 60GB launch PAL done by a pro console specialist, running the latest official Sony firmware 4.53. Runs super cool and quiet - beautifully upgraded/refurbished machine tbh. And have so many ps3 exclusive games to catch up on, quite a few cross platform games i have kept back just for the PS3, and 'one or two' ps1 and ps2 games to play - that i have no intention of going PS4/ONE for a long time yet. Not to mention the Ps3's reference blu-ray playing abilities wink.gif

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else before regarding Kuro's and PS3 i'm sure (hoping) it probably has wink.gif

Anything other than 1080p and the kuro will scale it. If the game is native 1080p then kuro works in dot by dot. You can try unchechecking all the resolutions options except 1080p to force it. The game won't look as good though.

If you want pixel mapping you have to play it in PC mode. I've heard that works.
post #6644 of 7288
post #6645 of 7288
Thanks Urga.

So what exactly is deep color doing with the kuro at 36 bits?

Never mind. I found out from stu's link, post 6.
post #6646 of 7288
" The Amazing " ( BD ) .

LX55/Kuro mode " Cinéma " Space Color REC 709 RGB 0-255 :

p1210334_1.jpg
p1210335_1.jpg
p1210337.jpg
p1210338_1.jpg
p1210339_1.jpg
p1210343_1.jpg
p1210344.jpg

Warning, this is not the master 4K ... wink.gif
post #6647 of 7288










Not quite as i see it on the set, its as if the gamma is wrong and i see more detail on the screen than comes on the photos???

What do i do? increase f or exposure?
post #6648 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMacLennan View Post

Not quite as i see it on the set, its as if the gamma is wrong and i see more detail on the screen than comes on the photos???

What do i do? increase f or exposure?

you need to turn down highlights
they are way to high with the whites probably clipping.
you see that if you use camera raw.
you also see if the blacks are clipping.

if you see more details near black on the tv you need to adjust shadows or blacks.
you can get the photo to match the tv screen but you need the right tools.

so the suggestion here is to get camera raw or adobe lightroom
also to shoot RAW so you can adjust more afterwards without destroying the picture.
JPG has less information so adjustments is very limited.
Edited by pg_ice - 1/9/14 at 5:05pm
post #6649 of 7288
I have just checked and i was on input 1 on ISF day @ 2.2 + about iirc 45ftl so it may have been a bit bright, the ISF night on that input as@ 2.4 and 32 ftl i think its 32.

I think that i will try the night setting and see what occurs, i have ISF night on input 4 @ 2.2 and 35 ftl and day at 45 ftl, may even try the night on input 4 @ 2.2 as well.
post #6650 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMacLennan View Post

I think that i will try the night setting and see what occurs, i have ISF night on input 4 @ 2.2 and 35 ftl and day at 45 ftl, may even try the night on input 4 @ 2.2 as well.

what program do you use for adjusting the images?
no camera can get a correct picture without some adjustments needed afterwards.
maybe the Hasselblads can wink.gif
post #6651 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMacLennan View Post







Not quite as i see it on the set, its as if the gamma is wrong and i see more detail on the screen than comes on the photos???

What do i do? increase f or exposure?

" Elysium " my Kuro :

p1210289_1.jpg
post #6652 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMacLennan View Post



" Oz " my Kuro :

post #6653 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_ice View Post

what program do you use for adjusting the images?

Manual and have to adjust the settings myself but used auto wb, sorry re read it, i dont use any program to adjust the pictures, there straight off the camera, why what are you doing with them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_ice View Post

no camera can get a correct picture without some adjustments needed afterwards.
maybe the Hasselblads can wink.gif

Yeah , i will just nip and ask my mate Wayne Rooney if he can sort me one for my birthday nice and early biggrin.gif.

@ Urga, will try gamma 2.4, i seem to be losing detail and a bit too much clipping with those ISF day shots.
post #6654 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMacLennan View Post

Manual and have to adjust the settings myself but used auto wb, sorry re read it, i dont use any program to adjust the pictures, there straight off the camera, why what are you doing with them?
Yeah , i will just nip and ask my mate Wayne Rooney if he can sort me one for my birthday nice and early biggrin.gif.

@ Urga, will try gamma 2.4, i seem to be losing detail and a bit too much clipping with those ISF day shots.

You need to do a manual WB with 75% gray pattern on camera ...
Otherwise Auto WB is wrong ...
You should work with RGB 0-255 on Kuro ... wink.gif
Edited by Urga - 1/10/14 at 7:27am
post #6655 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urga View Post

You need to do a manual WB with 75% gray pattern on camera ...
Otherwise Auto WB is wrong ...
You should work with RGB 0-255 on Kuro ... wink.gif

you dont need to do that if you have camera raw or lightroom
if your kuro is calibrated at 6500K you can just set the temperature at 6500 with 0 tint in camera raw.
the colors and the wb is then spot on an matches the tv screen on every photo
thats how i do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urga View Post

" Elysium " my Kuro :

yes he needs to turn down the highlights to your level smile.gif
post #6656 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_ice View Post

you dont need to do that if you have camera raw or lightroom
if your kuro is calibrated at 6500K you can just set the temperature at 6500 with 0 tint in camera raw.
the colors and the wb is then spot on an matches the tv screen on every photo
thats how i do it.
yes he needs to turn down the highlights to your level smile.gif
I am not using "raw" is the picture retouched ...
I made ​​the gross output Jpeg my camera, resize and upload ... : Cool:
post #6657 of 7288
I do not know what "turn down the highlights" even means? What is that?

I have now set the camera to 6500k same as the TV is calibrated to.
post #6658 of 7288
Also i cannot alter anything on ISF there locked out, all i can do is ISF day @ 2.2, ISF night @ 2.4 and Isf night @ 2.2.
post #6659 of 7288
got Elysium Mastered in 4K today
i need to watch it again since i only have watched the standard blu ray
but i can say that the details is much better on the 4k version
pin sharp!

as for the expanded xvcolor i have not seen any different yet.
but i have only watched to this point to take a picture
need to restart again smile.gif



colors is definitely more rich in this version
moire!

Edited by pg_ice - 1/10/14 at 4:51pm
post #6660 of 7288
Nature pics:









New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Pioneer Kuro Pictures Thread.......