Okay. So I've been thinking about the bracing and handling of the long 34" ports.
Before I did any more cutting/glueing I wanted to ensure the design was perfect.
Below are some Sketchup drawings of what I am thinking. Note that the orientation of the subwoofer will be vertical similar to a SonoSub. In my drawings it does not include the dowels and base plate at the end where the sub is located. I welcome peoples comments/advice on this design:
A couple questions.
1) Around the perimeter of the bracing I am leaving 1.5". Could I go thinner? or is 1.5" okay? Does this current bracing I am proposing restrict the airflow to much?
2) Does having the internal ends of the port being flush mounted to the bracing add any adverse effects?
3) Is 5.75" between the end of the port and the back of the driver enough room?
4) How much room should be left between the face of where the subwoofer is and the base plate? Basically how long should the dowels be?
5) I'm leaving 2 5/8" inches in between the ports and the side walls. Is this suffice or should I move the ports closer together, more towards the center leaving more room? What is the effect if the ports are very close together?
Better shot of the bracing itself: