or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Triad Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Triad Owner's Thread - Page 152

post #4531 of 6133
^^^

amen from the choir.... smile.gif
post #4532 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Thanks for the kind words. We need to improve on a few of those bullet points, though.
The biggest bullet point is that most Triad products are built-to-order in America. This is advantageous for many reasons. First, we pay American workers to make our stuff in an industry that almost exclusively outsources. (There should be penalties for all outsourcing, and no tax breaks for companies that kill American jobs, but that's another discussion.) Second, building here allows Triad to control quality. When a company receives a container of speakers that all have a flaw, they are either sold with that flaw, or the container goes back and the company is out of stock for months. You figure out what they do. Third, building one at a time (literally) allows for customization; size, color, finish material, etc. Custom paint is at no extra charge. Paint matching is free, too. And although veneer is expensive (it's exquisite), the matching of the veneer to a wood sample is free. If done properly, "just-in-time" manufacturing can be very efficient, with no 1/2 acre warehouses full of stock that sits for three years, and no huge stockpiles of materials and parts. It's a good business model that initially requires some courage to implement. Larry Pexton, Triad founder and president, is to be applauded.
No one else does this because it's easier to boat in a bunch of speakers made by underpaid or slave labor in environmentally-ghastly environments. Speaking of which, the Triad factory uses no harsh solvents, and even uses all water-based paints and stains. You can walk through the factory and not have trouble breathing due to dust or chemicals. Triad has surpassed regulations, and has been self-policing in that respect.
And one more comment, which I hope doesn't stir things up. I know something about small business. Triad is not strapped by regulations or over-taxing. At all. Most companies aren't. What small businesses need more than anything else is CUSTOMERS, and that requires a middle class with spendable income.

Thanks for the input and I agree with all points ..............................but only one concern.

I live give or take 60 miles from the factory, yet I have to fly down to Southern California to listen to the Triad Plats! Talk about inefficiencies................

Triad does offer tours of their plant, but the company should have a listening room for customers to hear the product line!!!!!!! Just my honest opinion............
post #4533 of 6133
This has been a paid and approved message by PSCRAP for President.
post #4534 of 6133
Read this whole thread over the last few weeks , looking to wake up my home theather room with new front end. (lcr) will a B&K 200w amp 375 4olm drive the gold lcrs in a 16x24 room . 100% movies . anybody in virginia have the gold lcrs willing to give a listen.
post #4535 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post

Thanks for the input and I agree with all points ..............................but only one concern.
I live give or take 60 miles from the factory, yet I have to fly down to Southern California to listen to the Triad Plats! Talk about inefficiencies................
Triad does offer tours of their plant, but the company should have a listening room for customers to hear the product line!!!!!!! Just my honest opinion............

It's a real estate and cash issue. Does Triad spend $100,000+ to do a demo room? Or put it into R&D. Or a trade show. Or upgrading manufacturing equipment. Or whatever. Triad has plans for a demo room, but they're low on factory space, too. Maybe someday.
post #4536 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post

This has been a paid and approved message by PSCRAP for President.

"If nominated, I shall not run, and if elected, I shall not serve."
post #4537 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post

This has been a paid and approved message by PSCRAP for President.

Who is PSCRAP? Did you mean the rapper P. Scarp? Or were you referring to the enigma, P. S. Crap? Or maybe the now-retired PSC AARP?

biggrin.gif

Craig
post #4538 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

Who is PSCRAP? Did you mean the rapper P. Scarp? Or were you referring to the enigma, P. S. Crap? Or maybe the now-retired PSC AARP?
biggrin.gif
Craig

Hey, who are you calling an enema??
post #4539 of 6133
My age old acronym for Paul.
post #4540 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

"If nominated, I shall not run, and if elected, I shall not serve."
Dude, or should I say Lyndon, you are showing your age.
I'm probably one of the few who understands your reference.

But re-reading the part "if elected, I shall not serve", applies to most current incumbents. wink.gif
post #4541 of 6133
Can we drop the politics?
post #4542 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

Can we drop the politics?
Good idea. wink.gif
post #4543 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

Can we drop the politics?
Good idea. wink.gif

Thanks Paul.

AVS is one of my few internet refuges from politics. Not trying to single anyone or any views out, just hoping we can keep our heated debates to important topics such as which banana plug is the best :-)
Edited by bfreedma - 9/16/12 at 10:46am
post #4544 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

Thanks Paul.
AVS is one of my few internet refuges from politics. Not trying to single anyone or any views out, just hoping we can keep our heated debates to important topics such as which banana plug is the best :-)

Agreed. But if you want to calibrate your left channel or right channel a few dB hot, that's your call. I'm more of a center channel guy.
post #4545 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

  • Product Map- this should be an industry standard spec sheet.

Thanks for posting! GREAT to know the list price of each model in one place.
post #4546 of 6133
Wondering how Triads subs compare to others especially the ID subs such as Seaton, JTR, Empire and such? Not many reviews nor comparisons out there about Triads subs. I have an older Triad Platinum sub with the rack 1000w amp. Which by the way sounds amazing to my non audiophile ears!

Eventually wanting to get a second sub when my room is complete, but wasn't sure if getting another Plat or maybe even going down to two Golds to help out room response.

Other option is the competition of course.
post #4547 of 6133
While I'm enamored with Triad speakers.............I've found I prefer other brands for subs. I've been an avid Velodyne owner and have been extremely happy with my DD-12.

I've heard Triad' full line of subs with the except the of the Platinum .............so far I prefer my DD in all cases.

The best sub I've ever heard was a DIY sub built using the LMS 5400 Ultra..............the loudest, cleanest sub I've ever heard! Think DD-18 but on steroids! I would like to hear the Seaton Submersive HP but no owners in Oregon.
post #4548 of 6133
Is this JBL Synthesis S650 amplifier good match for Triad Classic Gold Speaker.
post #4549 of 6133
My home theater is an area in the basement where a TV used to be. A drywall niche was created in a larger wall for a rear projection 65" widescreen DLP. This TV broke down a few years ago and was removed. A 120" screen now hangs over the area. Since the niche went to the floor, the area under the screen is covered with acoustically transparent material. This is where the two subs and the center are currently.

I have replaced the previous left and right builder-grade in-walls with in-wall Triad Bronze LCR/4's. These sound great. I am currently using an Energy C series freestanding center channel. This seems to do fairly well, but may be able to be improved. I am considering a Triad.

The front of the center speaker is essentially on the same plane (recessed into the niche 1") as the wall, but it's edges are 30" away from the wall of the niche. Should I be considering a matching Triad Bronze LCR/4 (that would essentially be freestanding in the niche), or should I be looking at a in-room version of the same? I would believe that the in-room would be appropriate since the boundary effect would be minimal, but this may be hard to determine until I get it in the unique application.

Any experience or starting direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #4550 of 6133
Triads InWall and InRoom Bronze should sound the same.
post #4551 of 6133
How far behind are Silver Monitors compared to Golds Monitors or Gold LCRs?
post #4552 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 View Post

How far behind are Silver Monitors compared to Golds Monitors or Gold LCRs?

The Triad Gold Monitors are one of my favorite speakers.......period.

Sure, there may be better sounding speakers for lower mids...........but the Revelator tweeter is absolutely stunning. When comparing the Gold LCR to the Gold Monitors......it was like taking a veil away when listening to the Gold Monitors. I love well executed ribbon tweeters and the Scan Speak Revelator is on par with ribbons IMHO.

Anyhow......to each his own. BTW, I know a well respected Plat owner wink.gif who prefers the Gold LCR over Gold Monitors for home theater...............

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Gold LCR and Silver Monitor have one thing in common............... I think it's the tweeter..............
post #4553 of 6133
I'm a big fan of the Gold Monitors too. What I like best is their ability to sound great for both movies and music. My audiophile friends and clients come over with new material to play on them from time to time.
post #4554 of 6133
Hello all,

Just wanted to say hello, we are opening an A/V store in Illinois and one of our brands will be Triad. Looking forward to selling a product that I really believe in. We are planning on having a representation of all lines, bronze, silver, gold and platinum on display, so if you are in the Chicagoland area, stop by and listen. We will be opening in the next few months.
post #4555 of 6133
On that note. If you're ever near Jupiter, Florida, come over to our showroom and have a listen to our Triad demo.
post #4556 of 6133
I'm looking at in-walls for an LCR system.

What are the differences in the Gold minimonitor and the Silver 6 monitor?

I like to avoid the crossover between bass/mid drivers and prefer two ways.

Thanks.
post #4557 of 6133
I did some research and found a few other in walls that I think are good quality.

http://www.dali.dk/en-US/Loudspeakers-1/PHANTOM-EUPHONIA-IWS-3.aspx


http://www.jamesloudspeaker.com/productdet.cfm?page=itemdetail&id=323


http://www.genelec-ht.com/active-2-way/aiw26/

The Genelec is active as well, which is much better than passive. Haven't been able to find any though, may have been discontinued.
post #4558 of 6133
The Genelec is still current. Do you have a local dealer? They will be tough to find on the internet. If you are in the US give Bart LoPiccolo a call 508-652-0900 and he'll tell you who is the closest dealer. All the speakers you are considering are great choices.
post #4559 of 6133
OK.................bad news..............I miss Paul with his sense of humor. Can understand why he is MIA regarding posting here at AVS. This thread seems to have lost its pazazz with his departure. Hope retirement is treating him well............wink.gif

Now the good news............after 2.5 years I've finally sold my home and have started a build thread ie. going over the process, planning etc. This new construction will participate in the local "Tour of Homes" and I plan to contact Triad personally to see it they might be interested in sending a Rep. for one day to show off their products.

The plan is to use either Plats or Gold LCR...........I'd love to use Gold Monitors, but the room is too big. Which speaker I plan to use will be based upon room and budget...........

Keeping fingers crossed............hope to close the 2nd week of November and am currently in the process of finalizing construction plans. For now, the room is 26ft X 17ft X 11ft.

Craig john/Tony.............I hope to read your insight.............and I hope not to disturb you too much with a few PM's. biggrin.gif
post #4560 of 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post

OK.................bad news..............I miss Paul with his sense of humor. Can understand why he is MIA regarding posting here at AVS. This thread seems to have lost its pazazz with his departure. Hope retirement is treating him well............wink.gif
Now the good news............after 2.5 years I've finally sold my home and have started a build thread ie. going over the process, planning etc. This new construction will participate in the local "Tour of Homes" and I plan to contact Triad personally to see it they might be interested in sending a Rep. for one day to show off their products.
The plan is to use either Plats or Gold LCR...........I'd love to use Gold Monitors, but the room is too big. Which speaker I plan to use will be based upon room and budget...........
Keeping fingers crossed............hope to close the 2nd week of November and am currently in the process of finalizing construction plans. For now, the room is 26ft X 17ft X 11ft.
Craig john/Tony.............I hope to read your insight.............and I hope not to disturb you too much with a few PM's. biggrin.gif

Awesome news. You can reach out to me anytime.

I owned the Gold LCR's prior to the Plats. Very good speaker but if you want to get kicked in the gut, the Plats are the only answer right now. Besides, that's a nice sized room. You need Plats smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Triad Owner's Thread