or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Special Buys, Discounts and BOGO MASTER THREAD: Put all special deals here!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Special Buys, Discounts and BOGO MASTER THREAD: Put all special deals here!! - Page 7  

post #181 of 3268
I tried CC today after buying a few movies on Tues and no go. The lady wasn't very nice and asked me to come back with my old receipt. Oh well, may try another store.
post #182 of 3268
does anybody know if the deal is still alive in Houston or not ?
post #183 of 3268
I went to the CC in Waterford Lakes in Orlando and they support BOGO for the Blu-Ray and HD DVD discs. I picked up Transformers and FF: Silver Surfer for $30 plus tax.
post #184 of 3268
Went to another CC today to try to score a few more titles but they are not supporting the sale of all titles like some stores were. This was in Temecula, CA BTW. I did not care too much because I probably already bought more movies than I should have this week.
post #185 of 3268
Denied! Circuit City in Wilkes Barre, PA don't know anything about a BOGO deal, not even on the Disney movies. So I walked away empty handed.
post #186 of 3268
I went the a cc today , found day after tomorrow and surfs up, thinking i was going to get a deal, i was turned down, the sales person told me the sale ended yesterday since it was an un anounced sale...
post #187 of 3268
Anyone know if Best Buy has a BOGO on all Blu Ray Disney movies...or just the ones they have on the AD?
post #188 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Ray View Post

Anyone know if Best Buy has a BOGO on all Blu Ray Disney movies...or just the ones they have on the AD?

Only these:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...&type=category
post #189 of 3268
So ive called 5 cc stores and they all have told me the sale ended yesterday....
post #190 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophreak View Post

So ive called 5 cc stores and they all have told me the sale ended yesterday....

So it seems like the deal is officially dead
post #191 of 3268
It was supposedly over yesterday but I was able to pick up
Usual Suspects and Troy DC last night with no problems. I watched the screen and the promotion still showed up on the item line and the cashier had to select it, slide their card and hit enter to activate it. My theory is I think the discount still appears on the screen but ultimately its up to the cashier to whether they put it through or not. So obviously if they were instructed not to they'll ignore the discount and ring it up at full price. I'm going back today to pick up 28 Weeks Later and Top Gun
post #192 of 3268
The cashier at Circuit City in Bel Air, MD could not find any BOGO packages on her screen. I had Fifth Element and Layer Cake in hand. Very disappointed.
post #193 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

The cashier at Circuit City in Bel Air, MD could not find any BOGO packages on her screen. I had Fifth Element and Layer Cake in hand. Very disappointed.

I was dissapointed this morning too...
post #194 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by axmode View Post

The CC store in Vista, CA which I called earlier today honored the deal for today only. I ended up getting the following:

BD

1- Blood Diamonds: $12.50
2- Good Night & Good Luck: $12.50
3- The Terminator: $12.50

HD-DVD

1- An American Werewolf in London: $15
2- Batman Begins: $12.50
3- The Breakfast Club: $15
4- The Deer Hunter: $12.50
5- The Fast and the Furious: $12.50
6- Hulk: $12.50
7- The Mummy: $12.50
8- The Mummy Returns: $12.50
9- The Scorpion King: $15
10- The Sting: $12.50
11- The warriors: $12.50

With the Transformers from yesterday, I now have 12 HD-DVDs and about 70 BD titles. I guess that I am going to go format neutral and pick up a Toshiba A30 soon, as I had returned that awful Toshiba A2 back in June.

Finally, that was the end of the CC's BOGO sale. The clerk had to discount it all manually, as the computer would no longer take the discount/promo code

Heh, Vista was pretty picked over huh? Me and 3 friends ravaged that place and Esco. Encinitas had nothing to begin with, that store was dead from the start. Their BD/HD selection looked like BBY's from like sept 06.
post #195 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post

So it seems like the deal is officially dead

wrong. i hit them again today, scored 6 more. i walked in about 15 mins before they closed. looked to be mostly highschool kids working at that time. took a few mins to talk her into doing it but she manually dropped the price to $15 each.

so tuesday i had no problems getting 10
wednesday i failed and gave up
thursday i managed to get 6 more
post #196 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li'l Jimmy View Post

wrong. i hit them again today, scored 6 more. i walked in about 15 mins before they closed. looked to be mostly highschool kids working at that time. took a few mins to talk her into doing it but she manually dropped the price to $15 each.

so tuesday i had no problems getting 10
wednesday i failed and gave up
thursday i managed to get 6 more

Sorry to burst your bubble bud, but your "forcing the square peg into the round hole" hasn't revived the deal from the dead.

You just circumvented it, creating your own "deal"

I just got back from BB and they "price matched" KofH, Speed, Devil Wears Prada, Pursuit of Happyness, Alexander Revisited and 40-yr Old Virgin for me.

I guess I could also say the "deal is not dead" by a similar assertion.
post #197 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_User_Name View Post

Sorry to burst your bubble bud, but your "forcing the square peg into the round hole" hasn't revived the deal from the dead.

You just circumvented it, creating your own "deal"

I just got back from BB and they "price matched" KofH, Speed, Devil Wears Prada, Pursuit of Happyness, Alexander Revisited and 40-yr Old Virgin for me.

I guess I could also say the "deal is not dead" by a similar assertion.

how did you show best buy the prices you wanted them to price match?
post #198 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophreak View Post

how did you show best buy the prices you wanted them to price match?

I just showed them my CC receipt from Monday, pointed out that all of the HD media I purchased from them on Monday was essentially half-off when purchased in pairs - much like BOGO, but that I didn't have to purchase equivalently priced discs and 50% off was applied when I followed the pair rule.

Did, however, leave out "the deal is dead," "was most likely an error" and "only worked for discs under $30"

Not gonna deny it.

I just had to try for myself after reading about all the success stories here.
post #199 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_User_Name View Post

I just showed them my CC receipt from Monday, pointed out that all of the HD media I purchased from them on Monday was essentially half-off when purchased in pairs - much like BOGO, but that I didn't have to purchase equivalently priced discs and 50% off was applied when I followed the pair rule.

Did, however, leave out "the deal is dead," "was most likely an error" and "only worked for discs under $30"

Not gonna deny it.

I just had to try for myself after reading about all the success stories here.

Im going to try this with frys tomorrow. on 34.99 fox bds.
post #200 of 3268
Deal is definitely dead in Spokane, WA. Strange, considering it was supposed to last until the 20th too..
post #201 of 3268
they've removed the "all titles" BOGO error or whatever it is, at least in my city... i tried a BV+Fox and a Sony+Fox but neither worked. they had to manually enter the BOGO deal in from a sheet of titles that were on sale. ahhh well.
post #202 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBuck1 View Post

Heh, Vista was pretty picked over huh? Me and 3 friends ravaged that place and Esco. Encinitas had nothing to begin with, that store was dead from the start. Their BD/HD selection looked like BBY's from like sept 06.

I actually picked some good titles in the Encinitas store at first (the first day that I read about the CC BOGO), before I headed up to the Vista store to pick up some more titles, later on that day.

The first day at the Encinitas store, they were quite well stocked on BD, but when I went back that same evening, I did notice that most of the good titles were already gone. You and your buddies probably got to the Vista store before me, as the gal over there mentioned to me that some guy had come in before and had bunch of titles (mostly HD DVD?). When I went back on the next day to get the Transformers HD DVD, she told me that more people were coming in. In fact on the last day, she told me that she would honor the BOGO as she did the same thing for someone else earlier that day (maybe you?). She did tell me that the computer would not take the code, so she had to manually input it.

I never bothered to go to the Escondido store. CC and BBY stores employees are mostly annoying to deal with (terrible at the Encinitas store), so I quit whilst I was ahead ;-)
post #203 of 3268
encounter a fat dude with glasses in BB tukwila that was really st-pid. He even
called circuit city himself and was told that they still have the deal, I pick up 2 hd dvd
the bourne movies and even he verified it CC still did not honor the pricematch all I want
is to use my 10.00 reward certificate so I can get rid of it, Did not bother to talk
to the manager. So pissed off with st--id sale associate.

Went back to CC and got my bourne movies.

Fry's has BOGO for disney's and sony title movies.
post #204 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbsezwazup View Post

I don't often post, but I do read the forums alot. I just had to thank everyone on informing the community about this sale as it is not in the CC ad this week. I went to the CC in Mesquite, TX and bought 12 BD's for around $180, which is $15 a piece. I replaced almost everything in my small collection except for movies made by supporters of HD. The manager told me that corporate made a mistake, but they are honoring the sale until the new add comes out. The manager also told me to stock up because it is the greatest deal they have had for BD. Thanks to all.


I too would like to thank the AVS Forum members for the great info.

Paven
post #205 of 3268
can anyone confirm if the deal is still alive in Houston area or not ?
post #206 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post

can anyone confirm if the deal is still alive in Houston area or not ?

Dead in Houston.
post #207 of 3268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_User_Name View Post

Dead in Houston.

thanks for the update
post #208 of 3268
I had to go to CC last night to return/exchange my TV and I decided to check the HDM section..... again to see if the BOGO was there.
Well, they had the little sign/list(8x8") with $24.99 and $29.99 Blu-ray titles available for BOGO.
I started to pick some titles and one of the CC employees walked by and I asked him if other titles besides the ones on the title were BOGO.
He tells me that all HDM are BOGO.
He hung around the register by the DVD section so I took my discs to him.
All discs rung up full price but then he enters a promotional code of 02 and then the disc is half price.

So, I can only assume that the Manager gave them the OK to do this and it's not in the computer and they must manually enter the 02 Promotional code to get the half price discount. May be promotional code 02 gives anything in the store half price.... dunno but I'm glad I went back and tried again when on Monday, the same store denied my BOGO on any HDM disc and didn't have the sign displayed.
post #209 of 3268
When does the Best Buy BOGO deal end? Tomorrow (saturday)?
post #210 of 3268
Has anyone tried any CC in NYC to see if they could still get the deal?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Special Buys, Discounts and BOGO MASTER THREAD: Put all special deals here!!