Im really stuck in what to do regarding speakers, here are the 2 setups I am currently looking at (I'll be posting this in the eD and Ascend threads):
Ascend Acoustics Setup:
- 2x Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE Front Channels on matching TP-24 Pedestal Stands
- 2x Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE Rear Channels on matching TP-24 Pedestal Stands
- 1x Ascend Acoustics CMT-340C SE Center Channel
- 1x Elemental Designs A3-300 Subwoofer
Elemental Designs Setup:
- 2x Elemental Designs A6-6T6 - Tower Front Channels
- 2x Elemental Designs A6-6T6 - Tower Rear Channels
- 1x Elemental Designs A6-6T6 - MTM Center Channel
- 1x Elemental Designs A5-350 Subwoofer
The eD setup will have a better subwoofer, but I like how the Ascends have matching L/C/R speakers. Which do you guys think is a better sounding setup? The size of the room is (LxWxH) (23'x19'x8') A concern I had is that the Ascends are rear ported and needs to come out from the wall a little. Whereas the eD towers looks to be front ported (I haven't seen pictures of the back on the eD site) so I would be able to place them closer to the wall.
If anyone has had personal experience with the 2 setups compared, or even just the CMT-340 vs. the A6-6T6 towers, that would be great! Thanks for all the help, and I plan to make the purchase within the next couple of days.