or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Bram Stoker's Dracula comparison *PIX*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bram Stoker's Dracula comparison *PIX* - Page 3

post #61 of 763
I don't know who to believe for how the film is supposed to look, but with the very, very slight increase in detail from the DVD apparently something went wrong somewhere in the chain.

Zoetrope has been known to botch transfers before [cough]Godfather Trilogy[cough].

Glad I only paid $10 for it!
post #62 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

Actually Gary is very neutral and about the fairest, most objective member you will find here at AVS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dildatonr View Post

Gary was referring to the screen caps comparisons. When I first started reading AVS, the first debate I entered was a strong disagreement with one of Gary's posts. Although now knowing him puts his comments in better context and I know now I actually agreed with him. He's certainly one of the more "passionate" posters on AVS (and at times polarizing) but he is neutral. I might not agree with all of his posts. But because I know he's only in this for the love of the movies, I will always read his posts and take all of his comments into consideration. He's never spouted FUD or bashed on either format, his only agenda is the movies. I'm glad he posts on AVS.

you guys are too kind

appreciate it

-Gary
post #63 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

Actually Gary is very neutral and about the fairest, most objective member you will find here at AVS.


just dont tell him you hate film grain.
post #64 of 763
looking at the BD screencap of Mina seducing Van Helsing makes me wanna pop it in and watch it again.
post #65 of 763
Thread Starter 
post #66 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon View Post


Are you sure this was remastered?
post #67 of 763
What does the top pic represent? SB? Voom?
post #68 of 763
That's the Superbit dvd vs the new BRD, right?

If you look carefully there is some definition in the BRD that the dvd doesn't have (lattern, chains), but man that is disappointing. At least the colors look alright. Where's Francesco? He'd love this.
post #69 of 763
Thread Starter 
ALL SD pix here came from the SUPERBIT edition.
post #70 of 763
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram Sacul View Post

That's the Superbit dvd vs the new BRD, right?

If you look carefully there is some definition in the BRD that the dvd doesn't have (lattern, chains), but man that is disappointing. At least the colors look alright. Where's Francesco? He'd love this.

Hehe. I don't want to say it I have a nagging suspicion about the BD transfer
post #71 of 763
This whole screen-grab, bash Dracula argument has really been done to death. Isn't it time to move on?
post #72 of 763
Hell no, we still haven't seen Coppola's craptacular color changes yet.
post #73 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir0118 View Post

This whole screen-grab, bash Dracula argument has really been done to death. Isn't it time to move on?

We haven't had any Xylon grabs. Which to me are the only grabs I really care to see. If it's time for you to move on - then move on. Lots of people asked Xylon for these and once again he has come through.
post #74 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by dildatonr View Post

We haven't had any Xylon grabs. Which to me are the only grabs I really care to see. If it's time for you to move on - then move on. Lots of people asked Xylon for these and once again he has come through.

That's great. I've seen the blu-ray version and can say that (for what it's worth), I think the film looks fantastic. To my mind, it seems that some people have an agenda with this film that actually predates the films release.

And, if you're going to rely on someone's screen grabs to determine if you like the film or not ... then I'd say you really don't appreciate film at all. Rent the movie from Netflix or Blockbuster and decide for yourself ... I'm sure they all have it on multiple formats.
post #75 of 763
mithrandir0118, this whole going back and forth about the blu-ray has been going on ad nauseam. This thread is for the people who would like to see comparision shots for this movie. Please move on and stop thread crapping.
post #76 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuce View Post

mithrandir0118, this whole going back and forth about the blu-ray has been going on ad nauseam. This thread is for the people who would like to see comparision shots for this movie. Please move on and stop thread crapping.

Sorry ... I just thought I'd ask people to think for themselves. Sorry to crash the groupthink thread.
post #77 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon View Post

Hehe. I don't want to say it I have a nagging suspicion about the BD transfer

Just say it, Xylon. SAY IT!

lol!
post #78 of 763
Well I don't think it's a... SD upconvert, but I do think the detail level is suspiciously low for a "new" transfer. I await further screenshots though.
post #79 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram Sacul View Post

Well I don't think it's a... SD upconvert, but I do think the detail level is suspiciously low for a "new" transfer. I await further screenshots though.

You guys are really incredible. Rather than judge the movie yourselves by actually viewing it, you'd rather judge the movie on someone else's screen grabs? All I can say is ... Oooookkkkaaayyyyy ... go for it.
post #80 of 763
I think it's pretty easy to see more detail on his face as well...
post #81 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir0118 View Post

You guys are really incredible. Rather than judge the movie yourselves by actually viewing it, you'd rather judge the movie on someone else's screen grabs? All I can say is ... Oooookkkkaaayyyyy ... go for it.

The only annoying thing in this thread is you crapping in it (well that and people calling others fanboys ect).
post #82 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram Sacul View Post

Hell no, we still haven't seen Coppola's craptacular color changes yet.

That should be intresting. Troy the DC has also had the color or was it contrast changed? it got posative reviews though.
post #83 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover2002 View Post

The only annoying thing in this thread is you crapping in it (well that and people calling others fanboys ect).

So, because I don't agree with or go along with your preconceived notions for this film, I'm crapping all over this thread?

Honestly, I find your narrow mindedness annoying.

Get a mind of your own ... form your own opinions of this film ... trust me, no one will think less of you.
post #84 of 763
Nice work Xylon as usual.
The scenes where the color has been dramatically altered should be interesting like when Dracula is climbing down the castle wall with the moonlight, the Lucy in the crypt scene Harker wandering the castle, (seemed much darker on the BD) and the Winona trying to seduce Van Helsing outside the castle near the end.

post #85 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir0118 View Post

So, because I don't agree with or go along with your preconceived notions for this film, I'm crapping all over this thread?

Honestly, I find your narrow mindedness annoying.

Get a mind of your own ... form your own opinions of this film ... trust me, no one will think less of you.

For the record I own this movie and like it quite a bit. and if you hate it or love it, the changes are still something that is of interest. Because it is in fact a new version of the film. People are entitled to talk about it as long as it holds their interests.


No one has bashed your opinion sir. No one is telling you that you are sheep, or have a Pro Sony agenda. That's because your opinion is not wrong. It's just that your opinion. However, you did basically come in here, call everyone who disagreed with you a sheep/groupthinker, with an agenda.

Even if you believe that about all the people who disagree with you in this thread, do you really think it's a good direction to steer this discussion?
Please let's get back on topic and cease with the name calling and brow beating.
post #86 of 763
Indeed. As long as everyone is polite and respectful, we can have an interesting, intelligent discussion re: the new disc. At this point, I think people are more curious than anything else. If it doesn't interest one and they feel that the topic has run it's course, they are more than free NOT to read the thread.
post #87 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by dildatonr View Post

For the record I own this movie and like it quite a bit. and if you hate it or love it, the changes are still something that is of interest. Because it is in fact a new version of the film. People are entitled to talk about it as long as it holds their interests.


No one has bashed your opinion sir. No one is telling you that you are sheep, or have a Pro Sony agenda. That's because your opinion is not wrong. It's just that your opinion. However, you did basically come in here, call everyone who disagreed with you a sheep/groupthinker, with an agenda.

Even if you believe that about all the people who disagree with you in this thread, do you really think it's a good direction to steer this discussion?
Please let's get back on topic and cease with the name calling and brow beating.


Thank you dildatonr. While I never really claimed that anyone bashed my opinion ... it did seem that what I had to say was getting trodden on (crapping on this thread?).

And it's not true that I called anyone or everyone who disagreed with me sheep. All I said was, please watch the film yourselves and form your own opinion. I actually think that open and honest discussion about a topic is good. It can really open people's minds to things they may not have considered. But truly ... there are some people who will see these screen grabs and think they're the "be-all and end-all" of the discussion. Hence, my plea to please see the film and judge for yourself.

I hope this helps to clarify my intent.
post #88 of 763
I have seen the Superbit and the Blu-ray and I would still like to see compare shots. So let me and others enjoy what Xylon has to offer. Thanks
post #89 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuce View Post

I have seen the Superbit and the Blu-ray and I would still like to see compare shots. So let me and others enjoy what Xylon has to offer. Thanks

Sorry, I didn't realize that I was talking to a brick wall.
post #90 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir0118 View Post

Sorry, I didn't realize that I was talking to a brick wall.

No, you're confused. You're the brick wall and we're talking to you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Bram Stoker's Dracula comparison *PIX*